WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trip of a life time, June 2016 Bahamas Staniel Key.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Three days only our families and I did a Exzumas Staniel Key trip June 4-18th, here it is thanks to 3DO. I highly suggest anyone interested in real Bahamas islands to do a trip to this incredibly beautiful place. By boat or plane just get there. 900 miles on my boat, what an experience.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Living the life of a rock star. Very nice Greg

Enen

Reaction score
Wow! That looks amazing. Boat life in Florida is on another level.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
That looks like it was unreal...trip of a lifetime...how about some specifics?

Taboma

Reaction score
Hot damn, amazing video of an amazing adventure in paradise :thumbsup:thumbsup

Haven't been to the Bahamas since 68', sailed to many islands, but didn't make it to Exuma.

Can a 'boat person' enjoy a vacation at Staniel Cay by flying in and not having a boat to get around ??

Thanks for the great entertainment :thumbsup

DaBank

Reaction score
I would love to do that trip. I also wanted to rent a boat and go through the Key's and into the BVI. I was thinking a 2 week trip. Is this a possibility on a boat your size?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Looks like you had an amazing time. Thanks for sharing the video.

underpressure

Reaction score
Between your vid an DB's pics, it's gonna cost me some major $$$....

I'm ready to sell my Havasu house and move to Florida...

Great vid, nice "crew", thanks for sharing!

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Thats probably the best video I've seen on RDP.

Looked like such a blast was had. Trip of a lifetime is a complete understatement. [emoji106] [emoji106]

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Thanks So Much...Killer Bucket List with the New Build...Where did you leave from ...Looked like the intercoastal at the start of the video..??:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

G. Faulk

Reaction score

Lynch this trip was crazy fun. 3DO and I left my Havasu house Friday morning June 3 7:30 am boat in tow and made it to FT Lauderdale Sunday June 5 by 3 pm. Great road trip.

We hung out at my Buds house at light house point for a few days and the families flew in. Loaded the boat up, boat weighted in at oh about 17K. Took off out of Light house with my mate in his 39 NT, my 34 NT, and headed for Nassau which is about 190 miles. 90 miles in we hit a squal that we had to turn around and head back to North Bimini and wiat it out. Tried to out run it to the side with no luck, it was nasty. Cleared customs without a hick up and rolled out of Bimini around 3. Got to Nassau about 6, parked the boat in the marina and ate and partied for the night at Atlantis. Got up early the next morning and headed to Staniel Key.

Water was Havasu flat those 100 miles to Staniel from Nassau. Staniel key is only about 1.5 miles long and a cut runs about .5 miles up the center of the island. We rented a spectacular house, private dock and small marina on one side and a private beach on the other. If you look up the house to rent, fairente house, I highly recommend it. Every day we went to a different island and explored. Pigs one day iguanas the next, snorkeled the under sea park, then in the vid where we were floating and the mate of mine caught that Black tip, its called Pipes creek. Most beautiful place i've ever seen. If any of you make it there make sure you get there with a cooler full of alcohol and kick it, Its amazing. The one part of the vid where theres just a sand bar, thats Musha key sand bar. It only is exposed at low tide, another really cool spot. The cave thats the Grotto. I guess it was in a James Bond movie. Super cool, and jumping into the cave from the top didn't suck either. I got really lucky, over all the water was fairly flat. The last day we were there we went to an island called little farmers key. The mayor of the Exzumas was there and I hung out with him for 2 hours. Beautiful place, its where you can swim with the sea turtles. Its a small fishing village and he filled me in on everything. It felt like real Bahamas. We were trading the kids PB&J sandwiches for the Island flowers, they did this thing with Conch shells and butterflies, really cool. A lot of poverty but they make it.

The part in the vid of us catching all those Mahi, that shark ate about 4 of them. That shark is a oceanic white tip, about 7.5' long. He ate the fish 25' from the boat, watching it was spectacular, then pissed cause he took your fish. I tried everything from spearing him to beating him with my gaff to get him to leave. Wasn't having it. The Mahi were so thick you could almost walk on them. The marine life was vibrant and plentiful, it was great to see. Coral was everywhere loaded with fish. At one point we were in 90' of water and you could see the bottom, crazy clear water.

If any of you are seriously thinking of visiting try the Staniel cay yacht club. They have bungalows that have 17' Boston Whalers that come with the bungalows. They are for sure big enough to get around to see everything. Place is amazing. If you go by your own boat its takes big balls. A lot of planning, a lot of work, and the sense of breaking something on the boat was the only thing that I could never relax on.

Glad you all enjoyed the vid thanks to 3DO, as much as I visit RDP and enjoy it I figured it was my turn to share. I can not express enough how much I recommend getting to this place. Not to sound gay but its frickin magical.

Lynch no shit, 900 miles on my CC.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Thanks So Much...Killer Bucket List with the New Build...Where did you leave from ...Looked like the intercoastal at the start of the video..??:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

If I had more time I was going to holler at ya, meet and beers. Next time.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Epic...I have 2 little kids so this would be years off for us but definitely on the bucket list for sure now!

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
If I had more time I was going to holler at ya, meet and beers. Next time.

I thought that was my old stomping grounds Did yo go out of Boca Inlet or Hillsboro..??? Just Killer Im doing that this fall unless I do the Fla Power Boat Poker-Run to the Keys..I liveed off of 48th Court Lighthouse Point KiddyCorner from the Gallant Lady (ocean Side) of the Intercoastal:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

LuckyStrike

Just Plain Crazy
Reaction score
Greg whos your buddy in LHP I know a lot of peeps ..Has he ever seen the first three L.S. Boats..??

Reaper1

Reaction score
Damn G! That's awesome. Thanks for the video.

GGames

Reaction score
I just bought my trip yesterday. Staying in Naussa at the Marley resort from October 1st to the 9th. I just checked out the Staniel Cay yacht club and they have a day open on the 5th of October! I just need to figure out a ride over there and back. Any more pointers you got for me? :champagne:

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Greg, I am green with envy!

What a cool trip and 900 miles in your boat. I know you enjoy boating as much as I do, key on, me happy!

G. Faulk

Reaction score
I just bought my trip yesterday. Staying in Naussa at the Marley resort from October 1st to the 9th. I just checked out the Staniel Cay yacht club and they have a day open on the 5th of October! I just need to figure out a ride over there and back. Any more pointers you got for me? :champagne:

Flights I think daily from nassau to Staniel, water makers, its like a 30 minute flight. They have a boat that runs that way and back but I cant remember the name. Get the boat with your bungalow and explore. The Grotto is like 1000' from the yacht club. I'd swim it but you might be shark bait.:) Get to pipes creek and kick it. Bad ass and enjoy. Atlantis is super super expensive. Hit the water park its really fun. My wife was playing penny slots and hit some type of jack pot, $446, LMAO.

The Staniel cay yacht club bar, Jimmy Buffet voted it the best bar in the Bahamas. I got loaded there, a few times:champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Three days only our families and I did a Exzumas Staniel Key trip June 4-18th, here it is thanks to 3DO. I highly suggest anyone interested in real Bahamas islands to do a trip to this incredibly beautiful place. By boat or plane just get there. 900 miles on my boat, what an experience.

[video=youtube;o422h5pU1D4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o422h5pU1D4[/video]

Between your vid an DB's pics, it's gonna cost me some major $$$....

I'm ready to sell my Havasu house and move to Florida...

Great vid, nice "crew", thanks for sharing!

Lynch this trip was crazy fun. 3DO and I left my Havasu house Friday morning June 3 7:30 am boat in tow and made it to FT Lauderdale Sunday June 5 by 3 pm. Great road trip.

We hung out at my Buds house at light house point for a few days and the families flew in. Loaded the boat up, boat weighted in at oh about 17K. Took off out of Light house with my mate in his 39 NT, my 34 NT, and headed for Nassau which is about 190 miles. 90 miles in we hit a squal that we had to turn around and head back to North Bimini and wiat it out. Tried to out run it to the side with no luck, it was nasty. Cleared customs without a hick up and rolled out of Bimini around 3. Got to Nassau about 6, parked the boat in the marina and ate and partied for the night at Atlantis. Got up early the next morning and headed to Staniel Key.

Water was Havasu flat those 100 miles to Staniel from Nassau. Staniel key is only about 1.5 miles long and a cut runs about .5 miles up the center of the island. We rented a spectacular house, private dock and small marina on one side and a private beach on the other. If you look up the house to rent, fairente house, I highly recommend it. Every day we went to a different island and explored. Pigs one day iguanas the next, snorkeled the under sea park, then in the vid where we were floating and the mate of mine caught that Black tip, its called Pipes creek. Most beautiful place i've ever seen. If any of you make it there make sure you get there with a cooler full of alcohol and kick it, Its amazing. The one part of the vid where theres just a sand bar, thats Musha key sand bar. It only is exposed at low tide, another really cool spot. The cave thats the Grotto. I guess it was in a James Bond movie. Super cool, and jumping into the cave from the top didn't suck either. I got really lucky, over all the water was fairly flat. The last day we were there we went to an island called little farmers key. The mayor of the Exzumas was there and I hung out with him for 2 hours. Beautiful place, its where you can swim with the sea turtles. Its a small fishing village and he filled me in on everything. It felt like real Bahamas. We were trading the kids PB&J sandwiches for the Island flowers, they did this thing with Conch shells and butterflies, really cool. A lot of poverty but they make it.

The part in the vid of us catching all those Mahi, that shark ate about 4 of them. That shark is a oceanic white tip, about 7.5' long. He ate the fish 25' from the boat, watching it was spectacular, then pissed cause he took your fish. I tried everything from spearing him to beating him with my gaff to get him to leave. Wasn't having it. The Mahi were so thick you could almost walk on them. The marine life was vibrant and plentiful, it was great to see. Coral was everywhere loaded with fish. At one point we were in 90' of water and you could see the bottom, crazy clear water.

If any of you are seriously thinking of visiting try the Staniel cay yacht club. They have bungalows that have 17' Boston Whalers that come with the bungalows. They are for sure big enough to get around to see everything. Place is amazing. If you go by your own boat its takes big balls. A lot of planning, a lot of work, and the sense of breaking something on the boat was the only thing that I could never relax on.

Glad you all enjoyed the vid thanks to 3DO, as much as I visit RDP and enjoy it I figured it was my turn to share. I can not express enough how much I recommend getting to this place. Not to sound gay but its frickin magical.

Lynch no shit, 900 miles on my CC.

Greg, thanks for sharing the video! I watched all of it, and was sitting here with my jaw on the floor! What an amazing journey, and what an awesome experience to use your boat as it's truly intended!

We have been looking at all of our options with different boats, and looking at pontoons etc.. I haven't really talked a lot about it, but we are also looking at and leaning towards a CC. They seem to do everything!

RD

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Greg, I am green with envy!

What a cool trip and 900 miles in your boat. I know you enjoy boating as much as I do, key on, me happy!

I aint going to lie, I needed a break from boating when I got back to FL. Super fun you got to try it sometime. Your on your own, like the wild wild west. Not many cops, and pretty much anything goes.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Greg, thanks for sharing the video! I watched all of it, and was sitting here with my jaw on the floor! What an amazing journey, and what an awesome experience to use your boat as it's truly intended!

We have been looking at all of our options with different boats, and looking at pontoons etc.. I haven't really talked a lot about it, but we are also looking at and leaning towards a CC. They seem to do everything!

RD
Thanks Dave, I'm not meaning to be on NT's jock but that boat has been flawless and we use the shit out of it. I miss going fast but this boat does it all. Don't matter 2 or 17 people it goes 74 mph.

Jeff got the whole trip mapped out on his satellite something safety whatever its called. I will try and post how far we went from Havasu to FL, Bahamas and all around, back to FL and home. Crazy distance when you factor it all in. Fing worth it, hell of a trip.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Absolutely amazing. Holy shit.
Hey Bling, if you ever need a deckhand on a trip like that I'm for hire. I work for cheap, don't eat much, and I don't take up much room. Lol

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Hey Bling, if you ever need a deckhand on a trip like that I'm for hire. I work for cheap, don't eat much, and I don't take up much room. Lol
Wait you're union...not cheap...you guys are always on break eating...you might not take up much room...maybe...lol

Boatfloating

100% Pimp 50% Of The Time
Reaction score
Greg, man looked like a blast was following it all on Instagram, crazy fun it looked like. Good ole boating and seeing Cadie, fishing. snorkeling and sitting with all those nurse sharks blows me away, what did you do to her keep feeding her Goose? Seeing fishing poles on the boat was a pleasant surprise too :) . Funny, I was watching shark week and those White Tips are no joke and known to follow boats and hope something or someone falls over. The US Indianapolis knows this all too well.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-worst-shark-attack-in-history-25715092/?no-ist

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
That was fucking awesome! :thumbsup

Thank you so much for sharing :D

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
Damn, I need to get out more. School is killing my life.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Damn Greg...looks like a dream trip. Gotta figure out how to get down there. The bungalows with the whalers sound like the ticket!

Thanks for sharing!

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Greg, man looked like a blast was following it all on Instagram, crazy fun it looked like. Good ole boating and seeing Cadie, fishing. snorkeling and sitting with all those nurse sharks blows me away, what did you do to her keep feeding her Goose? Seeing fishing poles on the boat was a pleasant surprise too :) . Funny, I was watching shark week and those White Tips are no joke and known to follow boats and hope something or someone falls over. The US Indianapolis knows this all too well.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-worst-shark-attack-in-history-25715092/?no-ist

Right Rock, stereo, outboards, and fishing poles whats my boating coming to. Two years ago when we went Cadie was on my back and shoulders wouldn't barely get in the water with the Nurse Sharks. This trip she was sitting on the dock with them like she was the Shark expert. :):) That and she was a bit Goosed up.

Interesting stories on the Oceanic white tip. Back in the WW2 days I guess when the boats would go down and the sailors were in the water they'd sit there and pick em off one by one. Nasty shark. Miss you boy, tell the fam hola.

I was laughing the other weekend when I seen ya at the river, look like you were feeling no pain.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Damn Greg...looks like a dream trip. Gotta figure out how to get down there. The bungalows with the whalers sound like the ticket!

Thanks for sharing!

It's so your trip. Get er done

G. Faulk

Reaction score

Noted....

Andy01

Reaction score
That was nothing short of amazing! Nice video Jeff!!! What a great trip, and priceless for the families! Thanks for posting Greg, I have a hundred questions. We'll have to try and get together in Havi this summer for cocktails.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
I thought that was my old stomping grounds Did yo go out of Boca Inlet or Hillsboro..??? Just Killer Im doing that this fall unless I do the Fla Power Boat Poker-Run to the Keys..I liveed off of 48th Court Lighthouse Point KiddyCorner from the Gallant Lady (ocean Side) of the Intercoastal:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I cant remember what street it was, but it was up a bit from that really good restaurant called Cap's place I think. Got to boat to it. Super cool and great food.

Your a lucky man, love the area your in. Went out of Hillsboro. Do the Bahamas trip. Staniel key, Inside is 25', .5 mile off the outside it drops right to 2,500'. I literally drove 10 minutes from the house 3DO and i rented and was in huge schools of fish. First time Mahi fishing, the first day was a disaster. second day we figured it out. Amazing how fast the sharks sense fish in distress and the smell of there blood. That shit aint no joke.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
That was nothing short of amazing! Nice video Jeff!!! What a great trip, and priceless for the families! Thanks for posting Greg, I have a hundred questions. We'll have to try and get together in Havi this summer for cocktails.

10-4, yes all of the kids said it was the best trip by far they have been on. Total adventure. Your boy 3DO, he surprised me he actually lasted longer then 3 days only. That fucker on a golf cart is still a total mess.

The boat trip of course was by far the best, but the road trip was super fun. The first day, I drove 15 hours straight, didn't stop until I got us into Oklahoma city. We get there and what do ya know the universities are having graduation and there wasn't one fing hotel room available. I crash in the truck and i wake up in like three hours. I look and jeff is no where to be found. I look in the boat and I see my boat cover all rolled up on my front lounge. What do ya know Jeff is rolled up in the middle of it.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Amazing video and unreal trip. What an adventure! Just added that one to the bucket list.

mbrown2

Reaction score
The boat trip of course was by far the best, but the road trip was super fun. The first day, I drove 15 hours straight, didn't stop until I got us into Oklahoma city. We get there and what do ya know the universities are having graduation and there wasn't one fing hotel room available. I crash in the truck and i wake up in like three hours. I look and jeff is no where to be found. I look in the boat and I see my boat cover all rolled up on my front lounge. What do ya know Jeff is rolled up in the middle of it.

How the stories get made.....the road trip to get to the trip....love those trips!