WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

triple axle trailer fenders

69hondo

Reaction score
With fenders and more gone where are you all getting fenders now?

lenmann

Reaction score
Good luck. Fenders and More sold to Rockwell American (a Dexter company) back in December. They relocated production from LA to Texas and neglected to retain any of the guys that actually knew how to make fenders, especially stainless fenders.

I have a new trailer sitting at Adrenaline waiting on SS fenders since October. Rockwell repeatedly promises product in 2 weeks only to miss the commitment or send fenders that aren't built to spec.

hallett3

Reaction score
I also have a new tri axle trailer ordered at adrenaline. Wayne is very frustrated to say the least . I ordered cragar wheels and the factory said about eight weeks to come in. It’s been 16 weeks and still no wheels . Wayne told me about the stainless steel fender issue. I’m a little worried now about the quality and control of the fenders now. It’s definitely out of Wayne control. Its like he’s held hostage.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
There are ways to get parts like these but only if there are engineering drawings and CAD STEP files. Do they exist?

lenmann

Reaction score
There are ways to get parts like these but only if there are engineering drawings and CAD STEP files. Do they exist?

If they do exist they are likely part of the intellectual property that Rockwell gained as part of the acquisition. I haven't gotten the sense that Adrenaline does a lot of CAD work. Based on my conversations with Wayne and Joe at Adrenaline they order fenders based on a couple of key dimensions. Length, width, height, radius, etc. When Fenders and More was the supplier that worked just fine, now not so much. I guess a big part of the delay at Rockwell was simply getting part numbers/SKU's assigned in their ERP system which was just completed last month. My SS fenders are supposed to show up in two weeks (again). We shall see.

@WhatExit? do you know someone that can roll SS fenders? I could CAD model up a fender in about 10 minutes if there is somebody to send it to. Adrenaline would love a reliable supplier...

69hondo

Reaction score
This is crazy to me. This day and age somethings that are simple are so hard to come by. I wanted to do stainless but will settle for painted steel. My fenders just need to be replaced.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Why don't we go back to chrome plating them?

OkHallett270

Reaction score
This is crazy to me. This day and age somethings that are simple are so hard to come by. I wanted to do stainless but will settle for painted steel. My fenders just need to be replaced.

This for sure! I personally feel like a lot of the simple things we used to get are all made overseas now to a much lower quality standard. It happens a lot when you go to buy parts for older vehicles. Sometimes you just need a decent stock replacement item and it’s so Chinese cheese wad it last about 2 weeks before it needs replaced again.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If they do exist they are likely part of the intellectual property that Rockwell gained as part of the acquisition. I haven't gotten the sense that Adrenaline does a lot of CAD work. Based on my conversations with Wayne and Joe at Adrenaline they order fenders based on a couple of key dimensions. Length, width, height, radius, etc. When Fenders and More was the supplier that worked just fine, now not so much. I guess a big part of the delay at Rockwell was simply getting part numbers/SKU's assigned in their ERP system which was just completed last month. My SS fenders are supposed to show up in two weeks (again). We shall see.

@WhatExit? do you know someone that can roll SS fenders? I could CAD model up a fender in about 10 minutes if there is somebody to send it to. Adrenaline would love a reliable supplier...

I can have most anything in metal (or plastic) manufactured at globally competitive pricing. I need a 2D drawing and typically a CAD STEP file to quote. The drawing will have the material spec, surface finish, tolerances/critical dimensions, etc. and the STEP file is used to get the part's weight (from its volume) and to manufacture it when ready.

Components and any required tools would be produced in India. Quality would be excellent. First Article Samples would be provided for approval. Surface finish can be provided to spec. If chrome plating is required I'd suggest doing that locally after parts are received.