WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Troostr's San Diego Spring Break

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Well there may not be much boating on this trip, but according to my family's plans, it'll be busy and fun! We took off last night once our circus was all loaded up and ready for an early (?) start. 859 miles, and 14 hours rolling got us to Campland on Mission Bay. We've stayed here before and liked it, and thought a change from Newport Dunes for a year was due. We ended up getting the City Go Cards for attractions here- we'll see how that works out, I'll let you know. IMG_5925.jpg IMG_5928.jpg

If any other inmates happen to be here, drop by I8 for a Rita!

badluck24/7

Reaction score
I wanna say some guys I know are playing a show down there tonite guy. At the Cantina?

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Shamrocks in the gaslamp is gonna be happening.....

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I wanna say some guys I know are playing a show down there tonite guy. At the Cantina?

Green Today. They're pretty dang good! I was trying to post a video, but I'm not to good w tt yet.

nrbr

Reaction score
We are trying that place for the first time next weekend! Using it as base camp for the zoo then hang around campsite next day.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
The Zoo is the plan for tomorrow, its 20 min away I think. Then Sea World Monday I think. Legoland, USS Midway and a few other local spots like Belmont Park. Campland is a pretty chill park. Very bike friendly, kids ran Rc's in the parking lot and sand. The cantina is pretty cool, better than before for sure. Tonight's live music is some Irish music that I'm not real into, but the Green Day tribute band last night was GREAT!

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
IMG_5957.jpg
The Zoo was, well, a Zoo! It got pretty busy but still a good time. The San Diego Zoo is one of my favorites, the park is very well kept, and a few new exhibits coming for this summer.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
IMG_5968.jpg
Next was Sea World, we loved the sea lion and dolphin shows, the orca show was good too, but they are renovating the main show pavilion so the side pavilion was a little small but they are still amazing and intelligent creatures! My wife should be posting, she takes all the pics lol.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Tuesday we did Legoland, their fast pass deal is the cats ass! You can pick your pain level- $25/$55/$100 per person. If the place is packed the $100 pass will insure a good day, we used it last time we came and hit everything we wanted to do as many times as we wanted. This time it wasn't too bad so we cheaped and got the quarter pass. So you skip 25% of the wait, you put in the ride you want and it gives you a time to show up in the pass line, less than a few minutes and your on. Book the next one as soon as you scan at the line. My kids Love Legoland and as far as theme parks go, they have the best food hands down!
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2525.jpg IMG_2544.jpg IMG_2564.jpg

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
IMG_5979.jpg IMG_5972.jpg IMG_5976.jpg
Wednesday we chilled a bit, then went to check out the USS Midway. Really cool museum and exhibits! If you're like me and never served, this will give you just a little glimpse of what this kind of service was all about. Incredible!
IMG_2685.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2717.jpg
We went to the Mira Mar indoor cart track, then the trampoline park across the street
IMG_2636.jpg
IMG_2639.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2646.jpg

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Thursday we hit the Broken Yolk for breakfast, then were off the Balboa Park. My sons really wanted to see the Air and Space Museum, and while we were there we checked out the automotive museum and the model RR museum. I was least excited for the model RR one but it was probably my favorite. The Air museum does have a ton of cool stuff though! IMG_2757.jpg IMG_2760.jpg IMG_2795.jpg IMG_2814.jpg IMG_2811.jpg IMG_2815.jpg

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
IMG_6001.jpg IMG_5995.jpg IMG_5998.jpg
We left San Diego Friday and hit Tombstone on the way home. We pass it every time and talked about stopping so this time we did. I'm glad, cool old town with great history and day drinking seems required to fit in. We only spent a day there, and believe it or not we have to back to finish seeing it.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
We spent last night in Las Cruces, on the old mesilla. There are some Great wineries and restaurants here, it's one of our favorite stops
IMG_3019.jpg
IMG_3033.jpg
IMG_3035.jpg

Now we're home and all unpacked. The only thing left is to wash the coach and put it away. Great trip! I mentioned earlier we bought San Diego City Go Cards for the trip. For right at a grand for the 5 day card for all of us, we saved quite a bit for all we did! Even just the museums we saw would have been 100-250 for all 5 of us, Sea World, the Zoo, and Legoland alone more than covered the cost of the card, and there was a ton of stuff besides we could have done. I'm sure we'll be looking into City Go again for future trips.

termiteguy

Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great time .stayed at campland once it is a fun place . Thanks for sharing

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Well damn, if I knew y'all were that close, we would of come down for a visit. SD is only a quick hour from us.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your vacation. Pics are great .
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji202]
Nice looking family you have [emoji41]

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Well damn, if I knew y'all were that close, we would of come down for a visit. SD is only a quick hour from us.

Shit, we were kinda under the radar thus trip. We hit all of our family in 7 days and 2600 miles at Christmas- so visiting anyone was not in our plans. Vanessa's grand parents are 20 minutes away from Campland and we didn't even call. Jody lives right there too, Vanessa never called her either. We usually meet them for breakfast when we're down there. How far up are you? By Elsinore kind of right? We'll be out again, I'll give you a heads up a few weeks before, be cool to see you guys. Never know, we might end up meeting at the river...

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Shit, we were kinda under the radar thus trip. We hit all of our family in 7 days and 2600 miles at Christmas- so visiting anyone was not in our plans. Vanessa's grand parents are 20 minutes away from Campland and we didn't even call. Jody lives right there too, Vanessa never called her either. We usually meet them for breakfast when we're down there. How far up are you? By Elsinore kind of right? We'll be out again, I'll give you a heads up a few weeks before, be cool to see you guys. Never know, we might end up meeting at the river...

Yep, right next to Canyon Lake, for now. Hopefully we'll start construction on the new house in Murrieta soon.

Big Rog is coming out to the river with us - end of July...