WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trophies for everyone!!!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Anyone see the last story on Real Sports tonight? Unbelievable. One trophy manufacturing place is 100,000 sf. One league gives out 650 just for showing up. Tells a lot about where the snowflakes come from.
8E00DE8A-C9E8-466A-9F03-4440A8B078AB.jpeg

stingray11

Reaction score
Swimming is not that way here top 8 only get metals and I have seen as many as a hundred and twenty five kids in the 50 freestyle event. PA has the top High School swimmers in 50 freestyle in the nation,very competitive.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Sherpa

Reaction score
Swimming is not that way here top 8 only get metals and I have seen as many as a hundred and twenty five kids in the 50 freestyle event. PA has the top High School swimmers in 50 freestyle in the nation,very competitive.

I was on swim team for 12 years and during that time there were 3 ribbons only..... blue, red and green. medals for big meets, however most events were 3 place finishers.

never did everybody get ribbons or medals.

if your team won a meet, you got to toss your coach in the pool! and that was it!

--Sherpa

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score

THIS ^^^^^

is the EXACT reason we got our kids into swim early
had one on a soccer team and they were dead last and got trophys and I was like WTF they were last ?????
everyone wins in our league (AYSO) on to swim we went
only kids that win the race get a Ducky
and this carried on to HS and still going

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
My nephew was on a TRAVEL soccer team -------and they didn't keep score :oops: and no cheering aloud

This was in the OC too

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Just so you know it’s not that way everywhere. My boys are 8 & 11 and I cant remember the last time they got a trophy. Neither of their baseball leagues hand them out. At the end of the baseball season they play a tournament and only 1st & 2nd place get rings. I do recall them always getting trophy’s for soccer when they were younger.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Chit, any of you older guys remember the "Little League" tri-outs???? If you didn't get picked to play for a team it was "better luck next time" pal, you have a year now to get better!!! :) Could you even imagine in todays snowstorm!!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'll never forget I was at the US National Junior Road Cycling Championships when I was 17. I won the first day of qualification that put you through to the next day; I was pumped and knew I had what it takes to win. The next day, I was in the lead break of about 12 guys and with about 15miles to go I cramped up super bad and dropped out missing my chance at becoming a national champion. After the race I sat by myself for 20min with my head in my hands knowing I missed such a huge opportunity as winning or even being in the top five at a Junior nat champ automatically gets you looked at by pro teams across the globe. My father walked up to me and said "you need to train more so you don't cramp, let's go home". That was the only trophy I got that day a verbal note of "work harder and next time you might do better".

Now 47, I still have not won a national championship, but I sure as hell wouldn't want a trophy for not finishing or not winning anything! Even as a kid, I automatically knew you shouldn't be gifted anything. Could you imagine the Rangers, SEALS, MARSOC all just saying, "shit, we know you couldn't get over that wall, or shoot well enough, but screw it, we are putting you through and giving you that Ranger Tab anyways"? I could only imagine what this country would look like. hahahahaha!

4Waters

Reaction score
John Force said it best, "2nd place is 1st loser"

DLC

Reaction score
I never thought about buying stock in trophy companies - everybody gets a trophy? That’s a a lot of trophy’s......

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My nephew was on a TRAVEL soccer team -------and they didn't keep score :oops: and no cheering aloud

This was in the OC too
They mentioned the soccer director was from LA.

mobldj

Reaction score
americas raising a new bunch of pussy ass little bitches

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
My son was on a AYSO Extra soccer team. They didn't do that well and they didn't get any trophies.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Yes. Trophy shop owners parents used to make 20k a year. Now it’s like 50 million!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
News Flash!!!!!!!!! I just heard the liberals are against everyone getting a trophy now. They said it's not environmentally sound due to all the plastic being used and all the waste when they end up in the trash :eek:🤣

Someone should seriously push that agenda and start making "green trophies". Make them out of hemp and old cat shit. Perfect!

Slogan. "Green trophies; for those of us parents who care about the environment whilst we turn our children in to pussies".

2Driver

Reaction score
What fried my ass was my kids Cave Creek football uniform was made in Pakistan.

I mentioned it and nobody could give a shit, they were more concerned about who had snack duty for the next game