WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

TRT Anyone?

gqchris

Reaction score
It used to be AndroGel. But our new insurance doesn't cove it and it's crazy expensive...so I use a generic 1% gel by Actavis.
AndroGel is 1.62% but my levels have been steady with the 1% stuff.

Same with my insurance. I liked the Androgel then I got put on a generic that smelled like donkey piss. So I went back to the shots.

One time CVS had my bill and they didnt tell me my insurance stopped covering. It was normally like $30 for three bottles. Without insurance, $2800. I was cracking up!! Go ahead and put those back on the shelf!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Same with my insurance. I liked the Androgel then I got put on a generic that smelled like donkey piss. So I went back to the shots.

One time CVS had my bill and they didnt tell me my insurance stopped covering. It was normally like $30 for three bottles. Without insurance, $2800. I was cracking up!! Go ahead and put those back on the shelf!

Yeah Walgreens wanted like $500/bottle of androgel once my "Cadillac Plan" was no more.
I'll take two bottles of generic for $90, it still sucks but at least they're using lube before they fuck me LOL

bocco

Reaction score
It used to be AndroGel. But our new insurance doesn't cove it and it's crazy expensive...so I use a generic 1% gel by Actavis.
AndroGel is 1.62% but my levels have been steady with the 1% stuff.

Same for me. I'm doing fine with the generic. Started about ten years ago with Androgel.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I finally went to get my T checked at 40, I'm 45 now. Dr said by looking at me she would have Never guessed low T especially since she said I was the equivalent of a 90 yr old. In talking to her, what likely did it was lifting at a very early age. I could leg press over 300# when I was 10. Being physically active helped a lot when I was younger. Unloading hay made me feel pretty normal, but as my job changed and I was less physically active, I noticed a problem.
I considered the pellets, but was told my butt cheek would be sore for one out of the every 5-6 weeks I would need the pellets. I give shots to animals so giving myself one was the easy option for me. (tip: if you get any of the injection on the needle when aspirating it, wipe it with alcohol. That shit burns like hell the whole way in if there is any on the needle) I am on 1cc weekly of 200mg. Blood work every 4 months. Like stated before, it's not just about T levels but a good balance of several factors. I also found an HGH gel that works pretty well and has complemented my other supplements. The combination of everything has been literally life changing. I'm fine with being on the T replacement for life. Someone mentioned earlier a con is testicle size, squats and lower body and core work counter that completely. I'm not a skinny kid, but with moderately easy workouts I usually gain a pound of muscle every 6-8 weeks, and my visceral and body fat stay pretty consistent. I usually do vitamin B shots weekly for a month or so coming out of winter to help burn the winter coat off.
Our insurance is pretty much catastrophic, and doesn't cover shit. Our Dr. is concierge style, we pay a yearly membership, period. I pay out of pocket for my injections and labs. Our local lab has a deal that if you pay cash they cut the price in 1/3. My vial of T from Medquest is $300 every 6 weeks. HGH gel is about $100 a bottle that lasts about 6-8 weeks.

probablecause

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a difference via the regular Testosterone and the Bioengineered stuff?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What are dr’s considering low? Imo Anything under 600 is low

pronstar

Reaction score
I was at 190...that’s pretty low.

My LA and now TX docs both told me that they want to see over 400 for someone my age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I started 200ml shots every week a couple years ago (mid 40s age). I was really low naturally. Insurance covers it for me with a $10 copay per month. My energy levels are way higher now. I also have to take anastrozole (estrogen blocker) pill twice a week, and take a baby aspirin every day. Doc gets my complete blood panel a few times a year to get me spot on. My doc and I are into bodybuilding so we keep things dialed in. You have to manage it right but it sure helps on quality of life. (And you can still put a hurt to the 13 year younger wife)

probablecause

Reaction score
I was at 190...that’s pretty low.

My LA and now TX docs both told me that they want to see over 400 for someone my age.

I was a 62 so it will be interesting to see what my numbers will be with the 200mg/ml, 1 ml, every other week.

gqchris

Reaction score
I started 200ml shots every week a couple years ago (mid 40s age). I was really low naturally. Insurance covers it for me with a $10 copay per month. My energy levels are way higher now. I also have to take anastrozole (estrogen blocker) pill twice a week, and take a baby aspirin every day. Doc gets my complete blood panel a few times a year to get me spot on. My doc and I are into bodybuilding so we keep things dialed in. You have to manage it right but it sure helps on quality of life. (And you can still put a hurt to the 13 year younger wife)

Same here I take the Anastrozole and also the small pill that keep your testicles producing. If anyone in the So Cal area wants a good referral to my clinic let me know. They watch you like a hawk and seriously are on top of it cuz thats all they do.

wash11

Reaction score
Interesting read. For the guys that are doing this, what is the target number you shoot for? Is it different for everyone?

How long did it take to get dialed in? What are the common side effects you are seeing?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Same here I take the Anastrozole and also the small pill that keep your testicles producing. If anyone in the So Cal area wants a good referral to my clinic let me know. They watch you like a hawk and seriously are on top of it cuz thats all they do.
Hcg? Didn’t know there was a pill. Thought it was a stomach shot like hgh

probablecause

Reaction score
Interesting read. For the guys that are doing this, what is the target number you shoot for? Is it different for everyone?

How long did it take to get dialed in? What are the common side effects you are seeing?
I do shots and lab every six weeks until dialed in. After the first six week lab, the doc should have a good idea.

wash11

Reaction score
I do shots and lab every six weeks until dialed in. After the first six week lab, the doc should have a good idea.
What are you looking to gain number wise? From 3-400 naturally up to 800, 900, 1000?

pronstar

Reaction score

I’m pretty steady between 500-600

Took me a month or so of injections to get my levels up IIRC. Then I maintain it with the shoulder cream.

Easy peasy.

probablecause

Reaction score

Took me a month or so of injections to get my levels up IIRC. Then I maintain it with the shoulder cream.

Easy peasy.

Injections and Shoulder Cream? Just curious, why not just find the happy medium with the injections between frequency and amount vs daily application of cream?

wash11

Reaction score

Easy peasy.

So if a guy tests naturally at 560 there’s nothing to gain with TRT, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

Reaction score
Injections and Shoulder Cream? Just curious, why not just find the happy medium with the injections between frequency and amount vs daily application of cream?

I don’t like injections [emoji106]
The topical is super easy to use.

I wouldn’t think so, but honestly I’m not at all qualified to answer that LOL

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Imo anything under 600 is low. But that’s just my opinion and I’m not a dr. Personally I think everyone should be at around 900 but most drs won’t agree with me. The foods we eat mess is up. Our grandpas had much higher test levels at older ages than we do.

gqchris

Reaction score

I was blowing mid to low 100's like Pronstar when I started. I am now between 5-600 as well. 150cc per week.

if I was high 500 naturally I would not be on it, to be honest. And my clinic would not authorize you at that level.

Last week had to donate blood because my Iron was at 18. Normal for those levels to rise as others have said. Kind of a pain in the ass but dont want those high levels for stroke risk.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
For my insurance to cover it I had to have at least 2 consecutive tests showing less than 300, which was no problem as I was around 200. One of the problems with TRT is when you start it your body stops/slows way down it's natural production of testosterone. So guys who have 500+ naturally are really just hurting themselves for the long run if they begin TRT. (I don't know how permanent this stop in natural testosterone is) That's why doctors are sensitive about only prescribing it to people who are truly low. The high limit according to my doctor is 950, so he keeps people under that number and their actual target number varies based on their age etc. He keeps me around 900 as I train everyday for bodybuilding and am about 300lbs. It's interesting stuff.

Tobester

Reaction score
I use primebody.com. They are an online company. They send you to a Labcorp for blood work. Once your labs come in they will schedule a call with one of their doctors. They will prescribe you with Testosterone and more based on your lab results. They were prescribing HCG but have now switched to Clomid (this is the therapy part). The Clomid helps your nuts stay fertile and talks to your brain to keep the body naturally producing its own Testosterone. So if you have stop taking the Testosterone, you will drop back down to your natural levels and not any lower. The TRT program is about $180 per month.
They also offer Sermorelin. Its like HGH but way cheaper. It is not as part of their TRT program so its additional cost but its around $100 a month.
They also accept HSA payments.

probablecause

Reaction score
Just got my first blood check after 6 weeks of 200mg/ml every other week (shots). I went from 62 to 150. Doc was not happy with that and now we are on to 1.62 gel / two pumps every day on shoulder and arm area. Doc says he would like to see me at 450 - 600 for my age (52). Insurance charged $15.00 for the month supply of gel. Also looking into HGH on my own.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
For my insurance to cover it I had to have at least 2 consecutive tests showing less than 300, which was no problem as I was around 200. One of the problems with TRT is when you start it your body stops/slows way down it's natural production of testosterone. So guys who have 500+ naturally are really just hurting themselves for the long run if they begin TRT. (I don't know how permanent this stop in natural testosterone is) That's why doctors are sensitive about only prescribing it to people who are truly low. The high limit according to my doctor is 950, so he keeps people under that number and their actual target number varies based on their age etc. He keeps me around 900 as I train everyday for bodybuilding and am about 300lbs. It's interesting stuff.
Hcg will keep your balls working. I studied bro science for many years. Made a lot
Of money selling steroids and boner pills. Of course everyone’s body is different, but very interesting to me. I also wouldn’t consider guys with test levels above 500 trt. The are blasting. Cruising would be around that level. That’s not trt, that’s blasting and cruising, blasting and cruising.

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Crazy how much life changes over 10 years. I used to be a mod and a rep for this board and a few others. Would rep companies for free gear which I would sell. Lots of money to be made but it’s risky and I have too much to lose now
D888953D-F763-4FEF-A282-CCA1E3C08B05.png
D0C8D47D-B756-4DE2-A8B1-2B97B9DBA043.png

yz450mm

Reaction score
About 4 years ago I knew something was going wrong, and narrowed it down to low testosterone. I did my yearly physical through Kaiser and was at the very bottom of the barrel for testosterone level, but still within normal limits, so they wouldn't do s***. I tried a few natural remedies that helped for a while, but after 6 months they stopped working and I was back to blah.

So now I'm pushing 40 and tired of feeling like s***, so I did one of the online blood test hormone evaluations. I had a very candid conversation with the Doctor via video conference, and I will be starting TRT in a week. Anybody have any input as to how long it takes to start seeing some results? I'm going to be doing the cream twice a day.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Best thing I ever did 10 years ago. Make surr you get your labs watched regularly. Estrogen can get high.

I do self shots now. Way easier. Just pick up from my dr. Every three weeks.
I buy the drug from a doc here in havasu and my wife gives me the shots, game changer for the 50 plus crowd

pronstar

Reaction score
About 4 years ago I knew something was going wrong, and narrowed it down to low testosterone. I did my yearly physical through Kaiser and was at the very bottom of the barrel for testosterone level, but still within normal limits, so they wouldn't do s***. I tried a few natural remedies that helped for a while, but after 6 months they stopped working and I was back to blah.

So now I'm pushing 40 and tired of feeling like s***, so I did one of the online blood test hormone evaluations. I had a very candid conversation with the Doctor via video conference, and I will be starting TRT in a week. Anybody have any input as to how long it takes to start seeing some results? I'm going to be doing the cream twice a day.

I can maintain with the gel, but I needed shots for a few weeks in the beginning to get my levels up.

If just using the gel, I think it might take a week or two before you really notice it.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Crazy how much life changes over 10 years. I used to be a mod and a rep for this board and a few others. Would rep companies for free gear which I would sell. Lots of money to be made but it’s risky and I have too much to lose now View attachment 986456 View attachment 986457
Yea ya don’t want to end up in the slammer like the Hulk people did 🤦‍♂️
I seriously need to get on some legit gear. My dr is soo conservative it’s sickening so I will need to reach out to one of these places you guys mention. At 54 I can tell I’m pretty low. Good read guys thanks

probablecause

Reaction score

Mine was immediate with the shot. Took my first shot on Thursday night and woke up Friday feeling like I had a purpose.

probablecause

Reaction score
Started the Gel 6 weeks ago after the doc gave me an option from another low T blood test. Just got tested and was thru the roof. Was taking 2 pumps of the 1.25% stuff. Backing down to 1 pump.

SnoC653

Reaction score
Just be careful with T boosters. Doc gave me Androgel and checked blood and everything. Then I had the magic stroke that they couldn't figure out what caused it. Every thing checked fine, hart was healthy as a horse and I went through a lot of testing. Had to fight hard to get on my last deployment because it was still causing minor strokes, they thought they were TIAs and let me go. (OK, I pulled some strings and got to go but the let me with a little pressure). When I came back and was fighting with insurance over the Androgel, I quit taking it for about 3 months. Did a check up with blood work during that time and while discussing the results with the doc, I said I know my level is low as I haven't taken it in 3 months. He told me, my level was fine and don't take it. The attacks stopped completely and after watching ambulance chaser commercials saying T boosters have been linked to strokes. I reported that as the probable cause of my stroke to the FAA. They agreed and I no longer need to do an annual MRI with my flight physicals.

Someone already mentioned stopping the injections because it caused their blood to clot. Leading cause of strokes. So be careful.

gqchris

Reaction score
Just be careful with T boosters. Doc gave me Androgel and checked blood and everything. Then I had the magic stroke that they couldn't figure out what caused it. Every thing checked fine, hart was healthy as a horse and I went through a lot of testing. Had to fight hard to get on my last deployment because it was still causing minor strokes, they thought they were TIAs and let me go. (OK, I pulled some strings and got to go but the let me with a little pressure). When I came back and was fighting with insurance over the Androgel, I quit taking it for about 3 months. Did a check up with blood work during that time and while discussing the results with the doc, I said I know my level is low as I haven't taken it in 3 months. He told me, my level was fine and don't take it. The attacks stopped completely and after watching ambulance chaser commercials saying T boosters have been linked to strokes. I reported that as the probable cause of my stroke to the FAA. They agreed and I no longer need to do an annual MRI with my flight physicals.

Someone already mentioned stopping the injections because it caused their blood to clot. Leading cause of strokes. So be careful.
Yea I had to stop also. My Hemoglobin got to about 18.5 and my Clinics solution was to have me give blood EVERY visit. No thanks.

Nahh, its not that important to me and I really dont want to stroke out. I have now decided to really focus on what I eat and get my ass walking or biking at night. I havent noticed much difference yet off the T except being a little tired come 4pm daily, its been about 2 months now.

HBCraig

Reaction score
PM me the info please