WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Truck hit at Nautical

Nailhead

Reaction score
We were at the Nautical last weekend for the Campbell spring round up and our truck was hit in the parking area for the tow vehicle/trailer area. No note, no nothing. All I know it's a white truck or trailer. Good thing is they have cameras through out that area. You may not have know you did it but I think you did because it's a good hit to a metal bumper. I do remember a white trailer in front of us that would've had to back out to head to the launch ramp. We'll see how this goes. Just be cool and honest with your fellow boater

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I was there to. I was a white dodge pulling a boat with a white trailer. The wife driving and she had no idea what she was doing.

Husband just stood on the boat with the kid. After 20 minutes of me waiting to park the boat since they were blocking the entrance. He finally got in the truck. This may be the culprit.

Nailhead

Reaction score
I was there to. I was a white dodge pulling a boat with a white trailer. The wife driving and she had no idea what she was doing.

Husband just stood on the boat with the kid. After 20 minutes of me waiting to park the boat since they were blocking the entrance. He finally got in the truck. This may be the culprit.
Could be, I have an idea of who it was since I remember who was parked in front of us. Thanks for looking out. Waiting for the security to review what they have. I will call them out if I can tell they knew they hit us. If they didn't know it's all good, just own up to it and help out with fixing the damage.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I know it shouldn’t. But it just amazes me on how people are these days. So you screwed up hit a trailer or car. Leave a fn note and square up. I can only hope karma comes ten fold to people like this.
I say this as my wife has hit someone pulling the trailer out. Left a note etc. person called and was so impressed she left a note he said don’t worry about he can fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumpy88

Reaction score
I was on the phone today with a friend who was parked and a old lady hit his truck . She finished parking and got out . She had no idea she just hit him ! Minimal damage to his bumper on his work truck and let her go . People are special

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
suppose you are new to boating. You take the boat and then send the Mrs or you're goofy friend up the hill to park the truck and trailer. He / She is new too and hits someone's truck or trailer in the parking lot. Maybe he/ she knows maybe he/she doesn't that he/she caused some bad shit. He/ She DOES know that mr stressed out newbie will go fucking crazy if he finds out. Let's just pretend this didn't happen. It will all go away. Right?

Sorry that happened. Hope you get to make that call to mr hit and run to ask if he wants to pay out of pocket or call his ins co. and hopefully they will share the video.

Last edited:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I've done that if I get the feeling it could happen.

Won’t matter, couple years back at Windsor. Had a guy clip my trailer first trip out w new powder coat lights etc
Idiot drove his trailer right over the back of mine. Purple paint from his shit on my trailer, my white on his rims, tires, and fender. He was parked still at angle that would have been impossible pulling in with out hitting my shit.
Took pics drive over to ranger and say hey this guy drove over my trailer.
We go back he says unless other driver admits then can’t prove anything, turn into insurance move on.
He came back hour or so later, ranger talked to him. Guess who claims nope didn’t hit anything.
Video may help, but then how do you prove who was driving.
It sucks, but what do you do.

MagicMan

Reaction score
We were at the Nautical last weekend for the Campbell spring round up and our truck was hit in the parking area for the tow vehicle/trailer area. No note, no nothing. All I know it's a white truck or trailer. Good thing is they have cameras through out that area. You may not have know you did it but I think you did because it's a good hit to a metal bumper. I do remember a white trailer in front of us that would've had to back out to head to the launch ramp. We'll see how this goes. Just be cool and honest with your fellow boater

I stay at the Nautical as well, last year someone hit my trailer broken tail light and bent transom tie down. The person left a note, I repaired myself and left it alone. I would have called if there was more damage. On another note during the 2019 desert storm someone decided to steel my rubber mount on my rear tail light. Luckily I had a set of new LEDs I was replacing. Good info regarding cameras, didn't know they had them.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Last year parked at the marina, someone pulled their trailer completely over the top of my trailer and didn’t leave a note. I probably wouldn’t have taken their money if they left a note. It was a good excuse to have Adrenaline completely redo everything...

Mike K

Reaction score
I need to get one of those cameras ... do you take them down and hide them when u park or do u just leave them up? R these high "break into your car" theft items? Can they take the sun heat all day in Havasu ?

Lil'Moni77

Reaction score
Had someone clip the front of my new truck at the Marina... I walked up the ramp and did my normal "Flash My Lights" to find my car and all of a sudden... my lights were facing me... when I parked... they were facing the opposite direction!! :eek:

They literally dragged my truck & trailer and didn't stop or leave a note!! :mad:

I was lucky it was just the bumper and a relatively inexpensive fix... but dang you didn't just hit me you dragged me too!! o_O

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Won’t matter, couple years back at Windsor. Had a guy clip my trailer first trip out w new powder coat lights etc
Idiot drove his trailer right over the back of mine. Purple paint from his shit on my trailer, my white on his rims, tires, and fender. He was parked still at angle that would have been impossible pulling in with out hitting my shit.
Took pics drive over to ranger and say hey this guy drove over my trailer.
We go back he says unless other driver admits then can’t prove anything, turn into insurance move on.
He came back hour or so later, ranger talked to him. Guess who claims nope didn’t hit anything.
Video may help, but then how do you prove who was driving.
It sucks, but what do you do.
Yeah legally no, but it may be enough to coax the owner into admission.o_O

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Had someone clip the front of my new truck at the Marina... I walked up the ramp and did my normal "Flash My Lights" to find my car and all of a sudden... my lights were facing me... when I parked... they were facing the opposite direction!! :eek:

They literally dragged my truck & trailer and didn't stop or leave a note!! :mad:

I was lucky it was just the bumper and a relatively inexpensive fix... but dang you didn't just hit me you dragged me too!! o_O
I got clipped like that too in the marina, the owner actually went to office to report it and office left me a note along with the info. Lucky day.

HowardRC

Reaction score

There was another guy that weekend saying his trailer and maybe his truck were hit. Maybe you were hit by the same person. Heard it was a Campbell owners wife moving the trailer and she also took out a pole. He was able to get the guys info. Maybe reach out to the Campbell boat owners group...

Justfishing

Reaction score
I was visiting my dad in the hospital and can out to a car resting against the side of my truck. I wrote the license plate number and went to security. Came back a few minutes later and the car was gone. Called police and it was goining to be a 2 hour wait for non emergency. Went to police station a couple of days later to file report.

Went home from the hospital and called a police buddy. Got the name of the owner, out of state. Got a number spoke with the car owner. His son, going to school in town had the car, let a buddy drive it. Buddy has suspended license.

The owner had told me the name of insurance carrier thats all i need to file claim. But the suspended driver calls. I tell him he can pay the repairs and rental car or i will let his buddys insurance pay.

After i handle all this the accident investagators calls. I brought him up to speed. It checked back with me later. Gave the kid a ticket for hit and run and driving on suspended license.

Nailhead

Reaction score
There was another guy that weekend saying his trailer and maybe his truck were hit. Maybe you were hit by the same person. Heard it was a Campbell owners wife moving the trailer and she also took out a pole. He was able to get the guys info. Maybe reach out to the Campbell boat owners group...
Ive heard the same thing and that is true. The security camera showed what happen in that case. Waiting to hear on ours before I go further.

white tortilla

Reaction score
tenor.gif