WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Truck Rental in San Diego/National City

Magic34

Reaction score
We've made the move to San Diego with the boat, love it! Don't think we'll ever go back to the lake, but never say never. I am storing the boat at a marina in National City there is a launch ramp right next door, less than 1/4 mile away. I've tried craigslist and some towing companies but those guys make me nervous.

I'm in need of renting a truck for launching. I need the truck for about 30 minutes to launch (usually Thursday or Fridays) and about 90 minutes for retrieval (usually Sunday around noon). Main reason for the time difference on Sunday is because it takes about an hour to wash down/flush motors and then about 20 minutes to park it.

I'd need a 3/4 ton or bigger, and it should be a diesel (added torque). The over distance towed is less than 1 mile total (both launch and retrieve). I've towed my truck in town here in AZ with a 2500HD and it does fine, this would be about the distance it take to launch at the Islander ramp in Havasu from the Islander storage. Very short.

Trying to find a reliable solution that I can count on when we come to town. Again launch on Thursday/Friday, retrieve on Sundays. On average, it would be twice per month.

Singleton

Reaction score
I was unable to locate anyone in my network. I found out I am the only 1 now with a truck.

I can help when in town.
Currently scheduled to be out of town Monday through Friday evenings in August. I will have the truck (2500HD TD) at airport so that might work, if you are unable to find anyone.

Only issue, my drop hitch is in Havasu.

Magic34

Reaction score
I was unable to locate anyone in my network. I found out I am the only 1 now with a truck.

I can help when in town.
Currently scheduled to be out of town Monday through Friday evenings in August. I will have the truck (2500HD TD) at airport so that might work, if you are unable to find anyone.

Only issue, my drop hitch is in Havasu.

I think I have a a few hitches, maybe 8-10 different ones. I have a hitch purchasing problem.

beerrun

Reaction score
I dont mind helpping if im home 619-733-9180

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
If you get stuck, I can help an inmate in a bind. I'm just north of you. PM if your stuck.

Demoman

Reaction score
I'm here in San Diego. This will work out perfect. I've been looking for a boat to use. I'll give you truck keys if you give me boat keys :D

Magic34

Reaction score
Thanks guys. If someone is in the area, I figure paying for use of the truck 1 hour on Friday AM and for just under 2 hours on Sunday around 11 am.

Is $50/hour fair?

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
You should buy my truck and leave it in the storage lot with the boat. That way you could launch and retrieve at your leisure. And cruise around town. :)
I'll even throw in a hitch since you like them so much. Hahaa

Sent from my iPhone