WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Truck Wash Experiment

CobraDave

Reaction score
So I got a new foam cannon off Amazon for like $20. I wanted to see if I could wash the exterior of the truck without ever laying a hand on it. Almost like a drive through touchless wash. I have my doubts of how effective it will be. My truck is pretty dirty and hasn’t been washed for probably a month. Here are the before photos.
IMG_5944.JPG
IMG_5945.JPG
IMG_5946.JPG
IMG_5947.JPG

Tools I’m going to use are a pressure washer, Chemical Guys car wash soap, the foam cannon and a leaf blower to dry. I’ve never tried the leaf blower dry so I wanted to see how effective it would be. It seems like it should come out decent in theory.
IMG_5948.JPG

The process was to give it a good spray down, then apply some soap. These cannons work really well and a pretty basic design.
IMG_5949.JPG

I let the soap sit for about 5 minutes then I applied a second coat.
IMG_5950.JPG

All seemed to be working well. I immediately rinsed, again with the pressure washer and was curious to see how the blower was going to work Because I was working in direct sunlight.

Well the fucking blower wouldnt start!!!!!. Bad gas maybe I don’t know! It’s a cheap one.

Then I Broke the fucking pull cord!!![emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]!!!!!

Instead I drove it around for a couple miles to try and dry it off but already the water spots were forming. Here are the after pics.
IMG_5951.JPG
IMG_5952.JPG
IMG_5954.JPG
IMG_5956.JPG
IMG_5955.JPG

The damn truck looks the same! Car wash fail. How not to detail! At least I know to make sure the blower works prior to the wash.

I don’t know why I even posted this. I’m gonna drink a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5951.JPG
    IMG_5951.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 279

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I prefer the old fashioned 2 bucket method vs. Foam cannon with pressure washer. All the foam looks cool but it's not my go to.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Lol... I would think the foam cannon followed by a good scrub, rinse, then shami might work, but that kinda defeats the point right:D

CobraDave

Reaction score
Lol... I would think the foam cannon followed by a good scrub, rinse, then shami might work, but that kinda defeats the point right:D

Two bucket is tried and proven for sure. I’ll tell you what though. I have some fancy animal car wash brush that I use from time to time. I foamed it first using the cannon then followed up with a two bucket soap scrub with the brush ( I know mircrofiber or sponge is best) and it came out really good. Better than any other time I’ve used the brush. The foam cannon is not all for show. It works great. I think maybe it just sits a little longer and breaks up the dirt better. I still want to see how well a blower works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brad22

Barco Mecanico
Reaction score
I always wondered if the no touch foam system works. Sounds like maybe it works for a really muddy first stage clean them still have to use elbow grease for final cleaning.

HPBoats83

Reaction score
I've also tried this with my foam cannon and no joy. I still use a wash mit after the foam is on the car. I have a cheap electric blower that I bought just for washing vehicles and that speeds up the time a little but not significantly. Kind of thinking this foam cannon has more hype behind it than anything else.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I do the foam cannon + RV brush scrub + hard water pressure washer rinse + fast CR spotless rinse via pressure washer. Air dry in the shade. Never water spots. My GMC HD truck takes about ten minutes. The good thing about the CR spotless water rinse is that things you don't see or hard to reach never get hard water buildup and always look like new.

wzuber

Reaction score
Ima like'n this info here in this thread, all good. Couple this with the D.I. water system in dave's thread and should have a good remedy to the car wash co. issues. Thanks to all for posting.

Albert

Reaction score
Note to self , start blower first before washing truck.