WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

True Detective - HBO Series - Anyone watching...

mbrown2

Reaction score
Anyone watching this show? My friend told me about it early in the....already binged and caught up....this series is hard to put down....Think it comes on Monday nights. Mathew M and Woody H are just scary in their roles.

http://www.hbo.com/#/true-detective

BajaWarrior

Reaction score
Good show, my wife has it all DVR'd. I like the in and out timeline...

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
I stopped watching after 10 minutes. Too many other good shows on right now.

westair

Reaction score
Just watched the first three episodes and its getting intense .... good stuff by HBO, must have a high budget.

shueman

Reaction score
Good stuff :thumbup:...watching #3 later today...

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Def good so far. It's only going to be 11 episodes total I think.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It started slow but I'm hooked now.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Been trying to. Watched the first episode in 2 viewings. Keep missing it and don't have it recorded. It looks interesting from what I've seen

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I watched about half of the first episode and stopped watching and canceled recording the series. I will have to go back and watch the episodes and see if it keeps my interest.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Harrelsons character.is pretty spot on for a lot of cops , they have some good cop advisors on that set in regards to the personal follies, family interaction.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I think it is a good show. Who really cares how good it is, Alexandra Daddario completely naked, ever since saw her in Hall Pass......

mbrown2

Reaction score
Harrelsons character.is pretty spot on for a lot of cops , they have some good cop advisors on that set in regards to the personal follies, family interaction.

I was wondering about that angle....cause it seems pretty spot on...

mbrown2

Reaction score
I stopped watching after 10 minutes. Too many other good shows on right now.

It starts slow and I was ready to move on.......and the in/out timeline requires focus....but it has since moved past most other series as far as priority goes on my DVR.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
It starts slow and I was ready to move on.......and the in/out timeline requires focus....but it has since moved past most other series as far as priority goes on my DVR.

I still have them all on dvr. Might give it a second chance.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I watched the first episode and haven't turned it back on.. Going to watch number two tonight after reading this thread.

JD D05

Reaction score
Ledoux_zps32587ebc.jpg

Episode 3 was pretty damn good.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Ok, I watch the whole season. It was kind of slow, but always kept me hooked until the next week. What did you guys think?

westair

Reaction score
It was good until the finale yesterday!

mbrown2

Reaction score
Pretty crazy...watched the finale last night...was good...not too sure about the segment after the arrest. Understand you have to show the recovery...but Cole's character is f'ng out there to put it mildly. Still loved it....not sure what happens next season, but I heard HB Go crashed with folks trying to stream the finale on Sunday night so hopefully they bring something back.

koenig

Reaction score
I thought it was a great show. Read someplace if HBO brings it back for a second season it will be two new cops. Jimmy Kimmel spoofed this on his show last night. Kimmel played one cop and Seth Rogen (sp?) the other.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Every season will have new cast of characters and a different storyline.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Pretty crazy...watched the finale last night...was good...not too sure about the segment after the arrest. Understand you have to show the recovery...but Cole's character is f'ng out there to put it mildly. Still loved it....not sure what happens next season, but I heard HB Go crashed with folks trying to stream the finale on Sunday night so hopefully they bring something back.

I'm guessing the show tried to stay close to the writer's view/perspective on the cop's relationship, change as the case went on.

On a much less "dramatic" level, I've seen personally guys change like Mcconnahey's (sp). character: driven by a case or cases, to the point of burn out, no return of the person they once were.

As for the infidelity of Harrelson's character, I side with that issue being something big for cops in the late 90's. A lot of us got caught up in stupid shit off duty from stress at work (that's not to excuse it at all), but rather to say it went down. Stuff like that happened back then as for meeting females. Internet, different social scenarios have made it decline,but you still see it from time to time.

Booze, Broads, Bills....any or a combination can take a once good cop down.....

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I liked the series but it seemed to drag at times.

I do not rate it with other HBO series I like far more. ie- Sopranos, Game of Thrones, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire. Those 4 stand out to me and were the can't miss a minute type.

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
I watched the first episode and haven't turned it back on.. Going to watch number two tonight after reading this thread.

You have to get to about episode 4 then it really picks up.....

mbrown2

Reaction score
Booze, Broads, Bills....any or a combination can take a once good cop down.....

I thought both of them did a good job of showing two different types of cops and the the different vices the job may lead them to. Matthew Mc....is a long way from Surfer Dude as an actor. :)

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I watched season 2 when it aired (Collin Farrell and Rachael McAdams). It was slow, but kept my interest.

Season 3 just started. I have watched half of episode 1. It is so slow. I hope it picks up. Is anyone else watching it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
The first one was excellent. I didn't finish the second one. I will give the third one a try.

sintax

Reaction score
Fair to note for people new to the series, that each season has a different cast.

Season 1 - Woody H. and Matthew M. - F'ing amazing.
Season 2 - Colin F, and Vince V. - Total shit.
Season 3 - people i dont know - New season, havent seen.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Fair to note for people new to the series, that each season has a different cast.

X’s 2, except....

Season 3 - I watched first 2 and i think it is going to be good. They are developing the story.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I just noticed that Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harlson are both executive Producers of Season 3.

oldschool

Reaction score

X2
Vince Vaughn needs to stick to comedy.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Season 1 was incredible! Season 2 sucked! Season 3 started slowly but shaping up nicely....Look out!

Reaper1

Reaction score
Good so far. I find Hayes' girlfriend/wife appealing.:)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
OK so I'm starting to wonder about this season, #3.

Just finished episode 4 and I'm still waiting for something to happen since the first episode.

We know investigations 1 and 2 didn't solve the crime and now our detective is much older searching (again) for clues. Time for this show to wake up!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I just finished Ep 5. This show is slow and boring. Better pick up quick.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Its well acted but the constant time warps make is a little slow.

I'm typically pretty good at guessing how these deals work out but I don't have a solid guess of whats going on.

Almost feel like the mom and perhaps uncle are some how involved as well as someone else. mom dies of a OD and uncles bones were found so someone else cleaning up a mess? Sold the daughter to the Chicken guy?

Wondering if the son (cop) is going to help break the case?

Last edited:

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Just finished Sunday episode last night, watched all of the series. This one is a bit slow but the recent Chicken Plant owner development
is getting interesting.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As these threads get bumped up I've been moving them to the TV / Movies section below the lounge.

The chicken security guy threw me for a loop at the end! Especially when the dad was sitting there looking in the pink rooms.. She was in town the whole time!

RD

WhatExit?

Reaction score
This show officially sucks. V E R Y S L O W to develop. I'm guessing it could have and should have been condensed into a less than 2 hour movie.

I'm in it this far so I'll finish it but I cannot recommend it. Very disappointing

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Its OFFICIAL... This show sucks. The acting is great, but too slow. I am through 6 episodes and nothing.

There are only two episodes left. Even if they they turn out to be the best TV I have ever seen (which I doubt), it isn't worth it to watch 6 crappy episodes for 2 good ones.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Well, the verdict is in: True Detective Season 3 SUCKED

As I mentioned, it could've made a decent 1 1/2 hour movie but this 8 episode season was awful. They jumped around all over the place to different decades - back and forth and talked about characters that I didn't know and didn't care to know.

Best thing I can say about True Detective season 3 is it's over

2ujhmt.jpg

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Real disappointing,predictable on this last episode. The minute that little girl bumped into the OLD detectives at the church, I knew she was an offspring and the grounds guy was a key part. Sad Hayes never will remember the story his wife broke. It seemed to be just a recycled story of an ages old faked death.