WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trump: "I thought it would be easier"

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first of all I realize I don't belong posting in this section, however I heard this small clip on today's morning news & I was wondering if anyone else has heard this? And what do you make of it, if anything at all? I just thought is was interesting for Mr. Trump to be saying this to reporters just 100+ days into a 4yr term? It almost seemed to me as though if given the opportunity he would step down immediately, if he could & return to his previous life? Again, this was only a 2min clip & I have no idea what was said in the minutes leading up to these comments....

Any reactions to this?

[video=youtube;2pM1hFr3mI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pM1hFr3mI4[/video]

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it. Trump is not a very refined guy but has no problem telling you how he feels.

Everybody likes to call all his exaggerations lies, but in reality he's about as forthright and transparent as we've ever seen in a president. Even the New York times has admitted he's more transparent and better to the press than Obama. The amount he has accomplished in a 100 days with the resistance he has faced is amazing. If anybody thinks Trump is over the top just look at the tactics of the people opposing him, there's your real scum bags.

I don't think he want's out for minute.

Taboma

Reaction score
I don't believe quitting is in his nature. I do believe this Presidency was for the most part inspired by this "World Leader" position being his last great challenge or mountain to climb.

I think what he's saying is, his larger than life ego had convinced him he was going to waltz in and run things his way, as he's always done.

What he's learning is, politics and the "Process" of politically getting things done is a much more formidable adversary than he'd imagined or anticipated.

Hence him thinking the job would be easier and the harsh reality that shear bullheadedness and intimidation is not working.

Essentially, he's a rookie playing his first few games in the pros ---- ouch :eek

Arnold discovered the same reality when "The Terminator" got his ass kicked and greatly humbled as Ca. governor.

I'm not the least bit surprised, I only hope he can suck it up and learn how the game is really played. That will be difficult for a man with his personality traits. But admitting it, as he did, is a good sign he knows he must re-think his strategy.

As a fence sitting, anti-Hillary, RHINO, his reality check pleases me, it's Regor and his crew I'm concerned about, yet they do seem to be taking it well :D

Don't be afraid to stop in on occasion PR388, don't stick your fingers through the cage, they can play a bit rough, but buried beneath the flack jackets, AR-15s and ammo belts, they've got big hearts ;)

Disclaimer: The above opinions are my own uneducated guesses and assumptions, some of it is may or may not be true -- BUT -- I do approve of this message, I think :headscratch:

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
it's Regor and his crew I'm concerned about

I want asses kicked and names taken!!!!!!! :swear

His coalition is his voters and if nothing gets done because the RINO's are a bunch of two-faced bitches, then fuck it, nothing gets done! Let the motherf'er implode and the reset begin.

This country is a mess due to the Tards & RINO's and we're suppose to "bargain"..............................yeah, well FUCK them!!! ;)

Now, that's my dream, I know reality is a bitch. :D

Taboma

Reaction score
I want asses kicked and names taken!!!!!!! :swear

His coalition is his voters and if nothing gets done because the RINO's are a bunch of two-faced bitches, then fuck it, nothing gets done! Let the motherf'er implode and the reset begin.

This country is a mess due to the Tards & RINO's and we're suppose to "bargain"..............................yeah, well FUCK them!!! ;)

Now, that's my dream, I know reality is a bitch. :D

You right-wing radicals are going to get us all killed :eek

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first of all I realize I don't belong posting in this section, however I heard this small clip on today's morning news & I was wondering if anyone else has heard this? And what do you make of it, if anything at all? I just thought is was interesting for Mr. Trump to be saying this to reporters just 100+ days into a 4yr term? It almost seemed to me as though if given the opportunity he would step down immediately, if he could & return to his previous life? Again, this was only a 2min clip & I have no idea what was said in the minutes leading up to these comments....

Any reactions to this?

It's President Trump Pokey, please show some respect.....

Are you sure you are ready to wade in here? :headscratch:

People quote a lot down here..you won't be able to erase your posts like you seem to like to do....

As far as the quotes...that's just a reality check. He had SOME idea about what he was getting into...you know since he was a Celebrity.

The reality is that as the leader of the free world he has no more freedom, he will be babied around and protected until he leaves office, then even after.

Once you become POTUS your life is never the same.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Any reactions to this?

Hey Pokey!
Welcome to the dungeon of of Dave's red headed stepchildren. :D

spectras only

Reaction score
Trump is not a quitter. I'd say, if his cheetos hair turns gray, it might be be time for him to quit;):D Obama only had a fraction of attacks in his first few months by any media or organization, yet he turned gray quite soon skull