WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trying to buy a boat today..

Kylemenz1

Reaction score
He was packing air like a tunnel. Sounded wicked too.

There were two twin 400 Excalibur’s on the river last weekend. I could not believe how fast they were! We were camped at The Sandbar and the red Kicker one can by pinned. It looked and sounded great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
There were two twin 400 Excalibur’s on the river last weekend. I could not believe how fast they were! We were camped at The Sandbar and the red Kicker one can by pinned. It looked and sounded great!!

I was staying at Pirates Den and the red Kicker boat was flossing that thing all weekend. Craziest thing I’ve seen.

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
That is a beautiful boat, I am sure that your family will get many hours enjoyment from it.
At the boat show a couple of years ago I was talking with the Mercury Rep and he said that the 300 outboard was the best choice in the whole lineup.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Stacy gets what Stacy wants

3ff3a8fb-000f-4590-971f-58a8f843bbf0-jpeg.890162

Congrats Dave, Stacy and family - that's a great Toon!

What's the story on your Hallet? Asking for a friend

phuggit

Reaction score
Congrats RD. Our Eliminator is going up for sale this weekend. The toons offer so much now they cover all of our family needs.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Couldn’t find a 400 boat.. inventory is really low right now.

An rdp member (I’ll let him speak up if he likes) is connected to Avalon in a round about way and they found me this one in the PNW.

Excalibur/ Elite fully loaded..

Working through the financing right now and when it’s settled gonna bring it out here on a plane Jane trailer and then Have Adrenaline build a double throw down west coast style one.

RD

PNW?? Indian River is in Michigan. Did it get transferred to somewhere up in the Pacific Northwest?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Sweet!!! That thing looks awesome. I’d be tempted by the 400’s..

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
DAAAAAAyAAAAAAAM. when did pontoons start looking like that???!!

spectras only

Reaction score
Nice toon Dave, can I borrow it or rent it? :p :D Hope the deal goes well for you guys. There are hundreds of these things up here on the lakes.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
RDP, Really Damn Pimp!

So, toon comes down, gets a new highway gear...how far is it from trailer shop to stereo shop?

LC925

Reaction score
Congrats RD. Our Eliminator is going up for sale this weekend. The toons offer so much now they cover all of our family needs.
PM details if it’s a 25’-27’. A friend just told me he is in the market after being boat less for a couple years.

gqchris

Reaction score
Bad ass Dave! Congrats!

Toons make a whole lot of sense but I just cant do it yet!

I dont even look at them to be honest, no matter how many motors they bolt on the back. The old guys love em though and my wife always tells me how comfy they look, i tell her “dont get any ideas. Aint happening”[emoji23]

E4L

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new family ride.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Dave, where is this boat located?

--Sherpa

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Yes those pictures are from Indian River Motorsports in Indian River, MI. The boat is also made in Michigan by a top notch company. Thank you for supporting our state! If somehow you get connected with the guys at IR Motorsports, they are great guys. They are at the heart of Michigan's inland waterway. http://irchamber.com/our-community/inland-waterway-michigan/

Singleton

Reaction score
Friends made a deal with Horizon yesterday on a consignment toon. While completing the docs, 6 other couples walked in and tried to buy it.
crazy how busy the shop was. Signed docs at 11, and due to how busy things were water tested @ 5.

Last edited:

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Congrats, your going to love the toon life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Yes those pictures are from Indian River Motorsports in Indian River, MI. The boat is also made in Michigan by a top notch company. Thank you for supporting our state! If somehow you get connected with the guys at IR Motorsports, they are great guys. They are at the heart of Michigan's inland waterway. http://irchamber.com/our-community/inland-waterway-michigan/
Is there any State that is more "inland" than Michigan 🤣

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
That’s awesome congrats

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Nice you guys!! Great purchase!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2Driver

Reaction score
Awesome boat. Your family is going to make great memories on that. We have great memories from our old tritoon.

Your kids seem like they are the perfect age for wipe down duty too. :)

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Bad ass Dave! Congrats!

Toons make a whole lot of sense but I just cant do it yet!

I dont even look at them to be honest, no matter how many motors they bolt on the back. The old guys love em though and my wife always tells me how comfy they look, i tell her “dont get any ideas. Aint happening”[emoji23]
YET, lol......

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I have a friend that races boats and is a big outboard guy. He has a twin rig Avalon and pretty dialed in..

I already have the dealership raising the motors and ordering the props.. :D

Honestly twin non supercharged 300’s might be a good thing for longevity, and a little better on the gas bill too.

So basically Can Am guys buy Avalon’s and RZR guys buy trifecta’s berkshires....noted lol

RCDave

Reaction score
The 300rs should have plenty of torque as well (4.6l v8's). Jeez that 16 cylinders driving a "pontoon" boat. Good golly miss Molly. Lol

zhandfull

Reaction score
Is that boat loaded? I wasn’t gonna get into pricing but that is pretty close to what I am payin for the 300 boat?

I like the white one better and the third couch on the passenger side more.. but damn a 400 boat for that price?
Oh shit! I like the white one too, but black with 400's has more of a RDP feel to it. Lol..

LowRiver2

Reaction score
One owner of a twin O/B said that’s a $35k couch (referring to the bench in between the O/B’s, cost of a second motor) Lol
My only concern is other kids not kicking the props swimming to the boarding ladder, just add that to the safety brief for guests.

J&k beer can

Reaction score
thats real nice..

we have been looking at a few different dual motor pontoons.

we are considering selling our x-flight and to go that route..

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Congrats on the Excalibur @RiverDave.... i just put a down on a single 400r, 27 Excalibur Elite last weekend. Now the waiting game begins!!!

Ordered mine with no stereo, and a 2nd matching chair instead of the couch. I liked the couch but the wife HAD to have her own damn chair lol

XX14

Reaction score
Does that arch come down electronically? Curious if that fits under a 9’ garage door after it’s on the sexy trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Nice!! Look for it in the classifieds in a few minutes months.😉🤣

PlanB

Reaction score
Does that arch come down electronically? Curious if that fits under a 9’ garage door after it’s on the sexy trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, it's electric up and down. Most of the toons with arches / towers are electric now.

comfortably numb

Reaction score
Is that boat loaded? I wasn’t gonna get into pricing but that is pretty close to what I am payin for the 300 boat?

I like the white one better and the third couch on the passenger side more.. but damn a 400 boat for that price?

So is it going to be the 300 or work a better deal on the 400 lol

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
One owner of a twin O/B said that’s a $35k couch (referring to the bench in between the O/B’s, cost of a second motor) Lol
My only concern is other kids not kicking the props swimming to the boarding ladder, just add that to the safety brief for guests.
Like every-other pontoon made? Never seen a jet pontoon.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk