WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trying to buy a boat today..

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
Damn Dave! That’s what we’re looking to get into our here in GA. Why we sold our Force. Lol

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Any on water pictures yet? great purchase, i hope it all worked out for the family.

XX14

Reaction score
Yes, it's electric up and down. Most of the toons with arches / towers are electric now.

I thought that might be the case. Will it fit under a 9’ door? And congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Like every-other pontoon made? Never seen a jet pontoon.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Twin props, kids swimming in between to boarding ladder
My ladder is 3’ away from my Bravo 3, swimstep is 3’ wide and covers the prop. A kid would have to try hard to to hit my prop

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Its good to be RD!!! He has a boat and I don't!!

I have literally been looking for an Avalon toon for the last week. No dice.

I have called all over Merica. And I got cash.

Wish I had his pull!!

Reactions: DWC

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Its good to be RD!!! He has a boat and I don't!!

I have literally been looking for an Avalon toon for the last week. No dice.

I have called all over Merica. And I got cash.

Wish I had his pull!!
there's one in the toon threads
A nice one!!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Like every-other pontoon made? Never seen a jet pontoon.

Same as mine, tell me I’m wrong:

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I thought that might be the case. Will it fit under a 9’ door? And congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine is 10’ on trailer with arch down. I think the RD’s Avalon might even be a bit taller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Twin props, kids swimming in between to boarding ladder
My ladder is 3’ away from my Bravo 3, swimstep is 3’ wide and covers the prop. A kid would have to try hard to to hit my prop
Yeah.... Been on and around outboards my entire life. Never had anyone cut themselves on a prop in the water and plenty have kicked them as well.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yeah.... Been on and around outboards my entire life. Never had anyone cut themselves on a prop in the water and plenty have kicked them as well.

Ive witnessed 5 in the channel, three needed stitches
All were adults though , not on mine

riverroyal

Reaction score
Buy some cheap prop covers. Slap them on when you have people in the water
No big deal
Foam material or have jet trim make them

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Ive witnessed 5 in the channel, three needed stitches
All were adults though , not on mine

He wont be running cleavers, it wont be that big of a deal, just have to use common sense. Cleavers on the other hand, those have cut me just getting them out of the boxes.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Best thing about outboards
raise them out of the water
Maybe need face protection lol
20200321_1311401.jpg

Turnup

Reaction score
Sunday is a tough day to make a purchase with a loan 🤭

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
He wont be running cleavers, it wont be that big of a deal, just have to use common sense. Cleavers on the other hand, those have cut me just getting them out of the boxes.
Exactly. My uncle and myself both have very thin and pretty damn sharp big ear choppers and you'd have to REALLY try hard to cut yourself on them.

As others have said, trim the motors up so the props are at least partially out of the water makes it pretty apparent where they are.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Very nice. Congrats on that beautiful boat purchase

H4215

Reaction score
Lookin’ good RD hope it went thru. You and the fam will enjoy it, and I am confident it will be one of the most dialed in Toons out there.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Exactly. My uncle and myself both have very thin and pretty damn sharp big ear choppers and you'd have to REALLY try hard to cut yourself on them.

As others have said, trim the motors up so the props are at least partially out of the water makes it pretty apparent where they are.

I was talking 8-12 year olds
The majority of dual O/B owners (not single, dual) if not all, are over 50. Dave will be one of three at most with young kids around them. His kids aren’t the issue but guest’s kids
My only point

Stock bravo one props slice nicely when a dumbo jumps off the transom next to a drive but what do I know ? Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I am kinda at a crossroads here.. I like the white boat, I like the triple couch setup with the J lounge in the back.. 300 boat (which I am sure is enough power)

@ONE-A-DAY posted those 400 boats though and they are literally within a couple grand of what I’d be paying for this thing, and that’s pre negotiating. That said while I like the black one at the Fresno dealer I am not into the red one. Neither of them have the couch on the passenger side.. They have a captains chair.

Fresno is a hell of a lot closer than Michigan. Lol. But I’m still stuck on the white one.

or who knows maybe the bank comes back and says Dave your broke ass can’t buy one of these.. lol. Find out tomorrow I guess. Lol

lbhsbz

Reaction score
So I am kinda at a crossroads here.. I like the white boat, I like the triple couch setup with the J lounge in the back.. 300 boat (which I am sure is enough power)

@ONE-A-DAY posted those 400 boats though and they are literally within a couple grand of what I’d be paying for this thing, and that’s pre negotiating. That said while I like the black one at the Fresno dealer I am not into the red one. Neither of them have the couch on the passenger side.. They have a captains chair.

Fresno is a hell of a lot closer than Michigan. Lol. But I’m still stuck on the white one.

or who knows maybe the bank comes back and says Dave your broke ass can’t buy one of these.. lol. Find out tomorrow I guess. Lol

I think that anything painted black in Havasu isn't the brightest idea....unless a side panel folds flat to double as a solar powered blackstone griddle

Hdgasser

Reaction score

Call Jack at pacific, I ended up ordering mine thru Vaughn but I did talk to jack at pacific a couple times and he does have some white boats coming in soon. One was a single 450 boat.

He can be pushy, but if he's got a boat you like he will sell it to you over the phone with a CC number.

Hallett

Reaction score
Congratulations Dave sure like the white one with the 300's 👍

Joe mama

Reaction score
Never rush into something your not 100% sure you want. If you want white with the 400’s order it and wait for it. Nothing worse than kicking yourself in the ass..........on another note if this election goes haywire you may be getting a better deal.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Never rush into something your not 100% sure you want. If you want white with the 400’s order it and wait for it. Nothing worse than kicking yourself in the ass..........on another note if this election goes haywire you may be getting a better deal.

I don’t want to wait until September to buy the boat.

I think the 300’a are Probably a better package for a toon anyways.. How fast do you really need to go in one of these things.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave whats the monthly nut on a 160k boat loan? Asking for a friend. [emoji3]

I dunno.. lol. Probably pretty high but I don’t plan on having a loan for that long. I’m selling my Hallett so that will put a sizeable dent in it, and I’m gonna sell my can am which between the two should pay about 2/3 of it off immediately..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I dunno.. lol. Probably pretty high but I don’t plan on having a loan for that long. I’m selling my Hallett so that will put a sizeable dent in it, and I’m gonna sell my can am which between the two should pay about 2/3 of it off immediately..
At a 20 year loan I’m going to say right around 700. Last time we talked you said you were getting rid of all debt. This says the opposite 😜🤷‍♂️ Just giving you a hard, time get it done

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

I think the 300’a are Probably a better package for a toon anyways.. How fast do you really need to go in one of these things.. lol

Agreed. The only person that wants to do 100 mph on a patio boat is the driver, lol. Twin 400’s are more for the LAM crowd.

Singleton

Reaction score

300’s are perfect IMO.
Over 60 in a toon will fell like 80 IMO.

I like the white one the best, very clean looking. Just do it when The bank calls and says yes today!

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I love the 300’s on the trifecta. Still messing with props but will likely end up with 27 labbed. Will be a solid 65 boat but will mostly run around 40 to 45. I also ended up with the trim sync and didn’t think I would use but it is very good at what it does and should be considered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Go with the white one. It is going to be wayyy easier to keep clean and get clean after coming off the water. I was wiping down a black pontoon and it was a chore.

Ladsm

Reaction score
We got the pontoon (Tritoon) bug this weekend too. Waiting for the credit union to call back.

pontoon.jpg

Turnup

Reaction score
From what I read nobody was paying cash on a Sunday for a boat lol!
I used to tell all my buddy's with shitty credit to go buy a new car on Sunday, fill out the apps and make it look killer and when you get the car and drive off the lot and go straight to Vegas and back...when they call on Monday for you to return the car because the bank won't pick up the paper and you bring it back with 600 plus miles on it they'll figure out your financing real quick..it was an old trick 🤣🤣

HavaToon

Reaction score

Having had 2 strokes and then Verados, I would hands down take the new 300 V8’s over the 400 Verado. Better/newer technology, more torque and 87 octane. Now if it was 300 V8’s vs 450 V8’s...450’s all the way[emoji12].

Not to mention the all white is much better looking and easier to clean than the all black.

PlanB

Reaction score

The black 400 boat is very nice, but as someone who owns a black toon, it's a PITA color to take care of. I would love to have an all white boat with white motors. Just food for thought...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Having had 2 strokes and then Verados, I would hands down take the new 300 V8’s over the 400 Verado. Better/newer technology, more torque and 87 octane. Now if it was 300 V8’s vs 450 V8’s...450’s all the way[emoji12].

Not to mention the all white is much better looking and easier to clean than the all black.

Also, the option to be able to use mechanical controls on the 300's is quiet appealing to me as well. Not sure if it makes and difference to ol' RD but it would be something Id take into consideration.