WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tub Of Fools

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I met a lurker over the holidays that has purchased the Tub of Fools boat, and was looking for more or less the history on the boat.. He had some of it, but wanted kind of a timeline.

Anyone familiar with it? :)

RD

rivergames

Reaction score
I met a lurker over the holidays that has purchased the Tub of Fools boat, and was looking for more or less the history on the boat.. He had some of it, but wanted kind of a timeline.

Anyone familiar with it? :)

RD

Matches my cracker :bowdown:

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Contact Bob Graef (sp?)(GN7) over on PB. While quite the jackass, he probably knows more about most GN boats and pretty much all of Rudy's boats.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
I know Bill Simpson built and campaigned the highly successful boat in GN, ski racing and had the kilo record at I believe 121mph. I asked him once at a race how he managed to get it there. He said other than the Phaff power it was a matter of testing, mainly props. He was running Italian billet props as i recall. I got to drive it once in a ski race. The thing handled! Good times.
Hal Ridel was the second owner. He used it for a short time ski racing.
Dick Jones took it on trade from Hal for one of his bitchen Hot Rods. It stayed in Dick's storage in Lakeport for years. I had hopped to be able to buy it then but had just finished building my Vector so it wasn't in the cards.

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Contact Bob Graef (sp?)(GN7) over on PB. While quite the jackass, he probably knows more about most GN boats and pretty much all of Rudy's boats.

I disagree, Fitzy, Wilcoxsin, Bob Devine, Pat Hoban, and Dave Rankin easily have Bob covered. :cool:

Bob comes from ski racing and obviously has been "spectating" for a good while. ;)

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I disagree, Fitzy, Wilcoxsin, Bob Devine, Pat Hoban, and Dave Rankin easily have Bob covered. :cool:

Bob comes from ski racing and obviously has been "spectating" for a good while. ;)

I trust you're not disagreeing on Bob being a Jackass......................:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Supposedly owns the kilo record for a gn boat from when they weren't limited on power. I know of another black gn boat that was probably just as fast but didn't get the record. I guess it ran 126ish but couldn't back it up. I know of someone who wS trying hard to grab this Tub o fools boats but someone nabbed it before him.

vee-driven

Reaction score
A friend of mine had what he was told a tub of fools boat, some said it was and some said it wasnt. what color is the boat he picked up? Tell him to post some pics.

vee-driven

Reaction score
this was his, alot taller than most and definetly heavier.

Attachments

• Davids Boat 0076.jpg
    Davids Boat 0076.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 351

RyanPartridge

Reaction score

Attachments

• 100_0023.jpg
    100_0023.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 275

rivergames

Reaction score