WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tucson Dry Camping?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
We’re kicking around the idea of going down to Tucson the week between Christmas & New Years and doing some Cave Exploring, Hiking, and maybe some SxS riding if there is any trails. I know jack squat about the area so any help would be awesome. Anyone have any places they would recommend for dry camping with a Truck / Toy Hauler in the Tucson area?

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I like and stay in Catalina state park. No help on dry camping. @Flying_Lavey
I was thinking about it and I'm not too sure. There are a couple campgrounds on the way up to Mt. Lemon that don't have hook-up, but there is only 1 towards the bottom of the hill. Otherwise its quite a climb to get up to the upper campgrounds.

azsunfun

Reaction score
if looking for primative, gardner canyon road! offroad jeep trails, cave of the bells (registration for key access) from low grasslands to higher mnts depending where and when running streams 17 miles to the town of sonoita with wine tasting vinyards, again primative, rock fire rings, bring water! pepper sauce cave,camp area, big trees,tables, cave well traveled. and of course kartchner caverns! have fun you can take a weekend all 52 and never do the same area!

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
if looking for primative, gardner canyon road! offroad jeep trails, cave of the bells (registration for key access) from low grasslands to higher mnts depending where and when running streams 17 miles to the town of sonoita with wine tasting vinyards, again primative, rock fire rings, bring water! pepper sauce cave,camp area, big trees,tables, cave well traveled. and of course kartchner caverns! have fun you can take a weekend all 52 and never do the same area!

Sounds cool! We are planning on camping with the rooftop tent in southern AZ this winter also. I will keep this in mind.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
I was thinking this or empire ranch just down the road. If you like people watching just camp at the Wally World on speedway and Kolb and watch the shit show.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was thinking this or empire ranch just down the road. If you like people watching just camp at the Wally World on speedway and Kolb and watch the shit show.
I'm not sure man.... the clientele in the one off Park seems like it would be a better show. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk