WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tuff 24 with 300R demo boat crazy fast

WavetoWave

Reaction score
These don't get much exposure out west, they're built in eastern Canada. But, they are doing some amazing work and their latest 24 demo with a 300R is insane.
Carbon Fiber layup, ballast. Over 110 MPH

article
https://www.wavetowave.com/home/2020/7/7/the-tuff-24-and-mercury-racing-300r-prepare-for-takeoff

50222634022_0870f27f40_b.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
This thing is bad ass. I don't think I've ever seen one turn at speed. Anyone have a video? 24 single 110 damn. I think this thing is faster than that 24 Nordic tunnel with the 400. Pretty damn impressive

mbrown2

Reaction score
They make a fast boat....also very clean lines, impressive interiors. The 24 w/300 is a great combo.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Is it possible for that boat to run that fast with just 300hp, and not beat you up when the water is anything but smooth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HST4ME

Reaction score
Mark has been on his game for a long time.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Is it possible for that boat to run that fast with just 300hp, and not beat you up when the water is anything but smooth?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, just add some water to the ballast tank and the boat will ride great in the rough stuff.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Stuff like this has always been around - Allisons, STV's, this Tuff, are all tremendously fun and fast in flat calm water, and if you live on a huge lake or narrow river without cross traffic they are a total blast.

That guy with the single seat rig shooting never once crossed the tiny wake of the boat n front of him and backed WAY out of it on anything resembling a ripple, and the guy in the tuff moved around a lot like at about 5 min and 60mph its starting to stand up on the rear and its still way calmer than the river.

Any of those super light shallow V rigs are simply a different deal on a crowded river, or windy desert lake in the afternoon.
You're in for a beating.
Forget about the ocean altogether.

The "hero #s" put up are also 1 guy light fuel cool weather numbers.
Fill the boat with peeps, fuel, a cooler, and go out in 110 degree heat and the effect on that boats top speed is dazzling.

Pick your poison, one size does not fit all - which is why I have 2 boats.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
Stuff like this has always been around - Allisons, STV's, this Tuff, are all tremendously fun and fast in flat calm water, and if you live on a huge lake or narrow river without cross traffic they are a total blast.

That guy with the single seat rig shooting never once crossed the tiny wake of the boat n front of him and backed WAY out of it on anything resembling a ripple, and the guy in the tuff moved around a lot like at about 5 min and 60mph its starting to stand up on the rear and its still way calmer than the river.

Any of those super light shallow V rigs are simply a different deal on a crowded river, or windy desert lake in the afternoon.
You're in for a beating.

Fill the boat with peeps, fuel, a cooler, and go out in 110 degree heat and the effect on that boats top speed is dazzling.

Idk your 2750 checks all my boxes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbrown2

Reaction score

Not the carbon version with the 300R in the pic above but, still showing the speed. These things ride on the drain plug.

Scary... Ripples get these things out of shape pretty quick...
The white boat following the 24' blue boat is not a 24...looks to be an Alison or similar...that is why it is out of shape with the ripples and riding on the plug....I am more impressed he is not even able to close on the Blue 24 Tuff.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
One of the small tunnels/ hydros is a single seat, the other was 2 seats wide.
I think the STV was the wider one and the mirage was the narrow one, or maybe I have that backwards?
I think the allison is at least 2 seats wide.

I like wave to waves write ups.

UD

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

You're in for a beating.

Yeah, but we never hear anything about your little hot rod........ lol! ;)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Yeah, but we never hear anything about your little hot rod........ lol! ;)

Not much seat time since getting it back together.

My nor cal move and new job combined with covid have taken every bit of time I have.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Hope to get you out on Delta and SF Bay with us
Soon.
Right now every motorized thing I own need some type of work or tweak, and Im just out of cycles
I haven't had an actual honest to goodness week off vacation in 5 years.

UD

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Soon.
Right now every motorized thing I own need some type of work or tweak, and Im just out of cycles
I haven't had an actual honest to goodness week off vacation in 5 years.

UD

We typically have an open seat if u want a ride. Our tank isn't flashy nor very fast. We get out almost every weekend

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
We typically have an open seat if u want a ride. Our tank isn't flashy nor very fast. We get out almost every weekend

thanks! I started boating in an aluminum tub with a 5 HP outboard and had a ball.
I never needed fancy or fast, just water and something that floats with fun people.
Ill reach out when I come up for air - never delta boated always wanted to see it and learn.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not much seat time since getting it back together.

My nor cal move and new job combined with covid have taken every bit of time I have.
I know how you feel. The move to Tucson and the new job take just about all of my time, coupled with my oldest daughter doing competitive cheer...... I haven't had the time to take the boat out.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk