WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Turbo Daytona - Banks kit

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was down at the marina the other day and the guy had pulled this out of storage after 20 years.. He said he was selling it for 50k.

pretty unique setup and was probably one of the cooler boats on the lake in its prime!

981CC14F-A479-40D2-95EF-84AEF0FE0BB0.jpeg
1CAA0FD0-7471-4C87-B7B9-CD58BDF96669.jpeg
193B882D-ABC9-4A11-BDB9-969EF25F8590.jpeg
33A81D81-8609-4880-AAFF-B3111DBCC3F0.jpeg

copterzach

Reaction score
That’s sweet. And it’s a jet bote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatnam2

Reaction score
Back in the late 70's buddies dad had same boat, with a matching day cruiser and van, ultimate parker set up. Still has the Daytona to this day.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Those manifolds are bad ass!
I also like the old school banks setups..

I'm pretty sure he NA 22' Schiada that Gripside bought from my buddy has those manifolds, 37 years and still going strong. They are nice and tight to the motor leaving a lot of room to work.

That daytona looks super clean from the pictures. total time capsule. :cool:

NoOtherWay

Reaction score
$50k!! I can buy the one next to him at the ramp for half that, and it has two jets!! Lol

J.P.

Reaction score
I'm guessing that's a 83-84 model based on gel, really nice looking.

gqchris

Reaction score
At this rate, in 20 years, it would be worth $100k

Some guys here equate the price of boats to what it takes to make a new one. Im not sure where this logic comes from, but can we carry that over to the car world also?! I never knew boats that get beat up on are now appreciating collector assets, but here we are!

oldschool

Reaction score
Some guys here equate the price of boats to what it takes to make a new one. Im not sure where this logic comes from, but can we carry that over to the car world also?! I never knew boats that get beat up on are now appreciating collector assets, but here we are!
IMHO, the reason it’s not “worth” 50k is because it’s probably too old to finance.
Some old cars, of the same model, aren’t worth more now than a new model?

500bbc

Reaction score
Does he use the stogy to check the fuel level in the saddle tanks?😁

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Those PFM exhaust manifolds are kind of a second generation of the original Paragon manifolds from the late 1960s -- I ran the Paragons on my 24 Schiada. Very efficient (did a dyno pull in the early 1970s comparing conventional headers to the Paragons -- less than 5 HP difference at 6,000 rpm). And, as Racey said, they were designed to fit snug to the heads creating less engine compartment clutter. If John Pelkey would chime in, he could probably tell you all about that turbo set-up.

530RL

Reaction score
Looks like a dual draw through set up with the carbs lower than the top of the manifold.

Bet it runs like a bat out of hell at wide open throttle but I would like to take it for a spin and see how it does in mid range and getting in and out of the throttle when pulling a skier or cruising.

It would be a great kit to own and blast around, but I’m just not convinced a dual draw through turbo would be the most reliable set up for a river cruiser? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But if I had the space and the time, that would be a very cool rig for occasional use.

oldschool

Reaction score
Looks like a dual draw through set up with the carbs lower than the top of the manifold.

Bet it runs like a bat out of hell at wide open throttle but I would like to take it for a spin and see how it does in mid range and getting in and out of the throttle when pulling a skier or cruising.

It would be a great kit to own and blast around, but I’m just not convinced a dual draw through turbo would be the most reliable set up for a river cruiser? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

But if I had the space and the time, that would be a very cool rig for occasional use.
You ever been a boat with a properly set up draw through system?
My old v drive Hallett cruiser had a twin draw through set up and had no problem with low or mid range. We skied, boarded and tubed with it all day. It would idle like a stocker. Set up correctly, they can be extremely reliable.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
You ever been a boat with a properly set up draw through system?
My old v drive Hallett cruiser had a twin draw through set up and had no problem with low or mid range. We skied, boarded and tubed with it all day. It would idle like a stocker. Set up correctly, they can be extremely reliable.

LOL exactly, take a ride in Lynch's draw through 21 and ponder about the "mid range" 🤣

HBCraig

Reaction score
exhaust manifolds straight to the turbos. Dont see that much

Bajastu

Reaction score
I grew up with a guy that owned the same exact boat except it was white with orange stripes. Same PFM manifolds with twin turbos, just different scoops. About 110mph+ on any given day.

bonesfab

Reaction score
love me some twin turbos.. I have a old Banks set up on my Schiada and love it. Even have complete spare engine with another twin turbo set up. Fits under a flat hatch on my 22'

Ricks raft

Reaction score

It certainly has some effect. That’s what a lot of people selling 15 yr old trucks for $30k+ are claiming, because new ones are $75k+. The same used truck 10 years ago was still $30k

cakemoto

Reaction score
I have a set of alum Pfm valve covers.they worth anything?