WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Turbo flats

oldschool

Reaction score
You see turbos on cruisers and GN type boats, but not many turbo setups on flats. Im thinking about going down this road, but wanted to see if anyone else has experience, info or pics. Sharp Shooter, what you got?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Dave Hooker photos.
k-3 turbo.jpg
k-3 turbo2.jpg
k-100.jpg

Checked Out

Reaction score
I put this boat together years ago with the help of a really good friend and fabricator. Spent a lot of time in Parker with it and it worked perfect. It was 7000 rpm of the most fun I have ever had in a flat. BTW circle boat hulls make the best river and lake boats, just an opinion.
65F973EA-101F-4DB6-9BC5-147C82D3DA17.jpeg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I put this boat together years ago with the help of a really good friend and fabricator. Spent a lot of time in Parker with it and it worked perfect. It was 7000 rpm of the most fun I have ever had in a flat. BTW circle boat hulls make the best river and lake boats, just an opinion. View attachment 935658

That's a beautiful Frahs! Where is it now?

Checked Out

Reaction score
I sold it to guy in parker who blew the motor up after a couple years, and I think it went up north after that less motor.... I would love to see it again, I loved that hull.

motormonkey

Reaction score
I put this boat together years ago with the help of a really good friend and fabricator. Spent a lot of time in Parker with it and it worked perfect. It was 7000 rpm of the most fun I have ever had in a flat. BTW circle boat hulls make the best river and lake boats, just an opinion. View attachment 935658
Nice. Have any close ups to the turbo plumbing. It looks really clean.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Turbos are just expensive mufflers [emoji16]

I think you don’t see them often because aesthetically they’re not as nice looking. It’s why the Schiada guys always have them buried under a hatch... and on a trailer lol

Can make gobs of efficient power though.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Engine Builder: so you're gonna need to run these valves every 4 passes

R.I.P.
If I remember correctly, the turbos fed into a blower on top of the motor. He told me he was a fabricator and had fun doing this. Not sure where the boat is now, but he hung out at CFW. All the plumbing was crazy.

sintax

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the turbos fed into a blower on top of the motor. He told me he was a fabricator and had fun doing this. Not sure where the boat is now, but he hung out at CFW. All the plumbing was crazy.

yea, was gonna say, i've never seen the boat personally, but only in videos. From what I remember you're correct about CFW

oldschool

Reaction score
Turbos are just expensive mufflers [emoji16]

I think you don’t see them often because aesthetically they’re not as nice looking. It’s why the Schiada guys always have them buried under a hatch... and on a trailer lol

Can make gobs of efficient power though.
Horsepower is never ugly.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I don't think it would be good in a flat for dragboat racing. You can't sit on the rope spool up and drop in gear like you can in a hydro or a jet. Then if you were to launch and they start spooling and increasing the power, hang the fuk on!! I can see in other types of racing where you are rolling and on the throttle and not going from a dead stop, they would work OK. In my opinion, not in a dragboat.

Last edited:

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score

You are correct , went into a supercharger. I saw it in person at CFW and Uggg........