WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Turkey Brine

Javajoe

Reaction score
I always brine and smoke a Turkey every year. I use a brine I make from scratch that’s really good but this year I’m thinking of using a Meat Church Brine and add some Rosemary, etc to it. Anybody use Meat Church Brine before? I bought a few pouches a while ago.
731F4205-D8A6-41C2-BA57-1942E0248B00.jpeg

ltbaney1

Reaction score
did it last year and didnt make any additions. but i brought the gallon of water to a boil and then added the mix and let it roll for about 10 minutes, and let it cool down i wound up needed to add about another gallon. put the turkey in a food safe bucket with a lid in the garage fridge and let the bird soak in for roughly 36 hours. i was happy with it.

DarkJuJu

Reaction score
They have to add so much additional sodium and other things to make rubs and other items shelf stable, not sure this would be any better than a normal from scratch brine, IMO.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea was just wondering about the flavor of it. My brine is great but wanted to try a different flavor. Looks like it’s a go. My wife also makes bacon wrapped Brussel Sprouts then drizzles basalmic glaze on them right out of the oven. They are a big hit

sintax

Reaction score
Worth trying, I like the meat church products, overall though.

I typically just do my own brine, but doesn’t hurt to try something new every so often.

Report back with your findings please!