WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Turning Point propellers

Mototrig

Reaction score
What's the word on the street with these dual geometry props?

My bote has a mere 300hp on a Volvo AQ drive which means sport/speed props are limited in comparison to Mercruiser and the like. I'm interested in trying out the 4 blade 21 or 23 pitch.

From their website:

Express® Mach4™ Dual Geometry
90-300+hp engines w/ 4.75" Gearcase
The Prop that put the "four" in Perfourmance! Turning Point's Four Blade Hustler revolutionized the aluminum propeller market when introduced over 6 years ago. No one had ever produced an aluminum propeller with two different blade shapes (they call it Dual Geometry) for 90-300+hp applications. This prop is uniquely engineered with two blade geometries: (diagram label 2)two blades utilize the Hustler high performance variable rake and aggressive pitch design for incredible hole shot and cornering, and (diagram label 1) two blades utilize an offshore style design for high speed and maximum stern lift.

These props re-wrote the rules, proving that you can run a four blade that has unprecedented hole shot, handling, and rough water stability without the top-end speed loss you experience with other manufacturers’ propellers.

Now manufactured in our Industry leading TP17 stainless, the Express Mach4 series is perfect for any application that demands enhanced acceleration, cornering, and load carrying capabilities. This prop series is ideally suited for watersports, sterndrive boats, tri-toons, bay boats, and any vessel that can use stern lift. It is our best upgrade of older stainless designs from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and ’00’s, and will outrun most newer props, including five blade ski props.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
turning points are great props for the price if youre not in need of a performance prop. I have installed hundreds without issue. you wont find a better bang for the buck

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
What's the word on the street with these dual geometry props?

My bote has a mere 300hp on a Volvo AQ drive which means sport/speed props are limited in comparison to Mercruiser and the like. I'm interested in trying out the 4 blade 21 or 23 pitch.

From their website:

Express® Mach4™ Dual Geometry
90-300+hp engines w/ 4.75" Gearcase
The Prop that put the "four" in Perfourmance! Turning Point's Four Blade Hustler revolutionized the aluminum propeller market when introduced over 6 years ago. No one had ever produced an aluminum propeller with two different blade shapes (they call it Dual Geometry) for 90-300+hp applications. This prop is uniquely engineered with two blade geometries: (diagram label 2)two blades utilize the Hustler high performance variable rake and aggressive pitch design for incredible hole shot and cornering, and (diagram label 1) two blades utilize an offshore style design for high speed and maximum stern lift.

These props re-wrote the rules, proving that you can run a four blade that has unprecedented hole shot, handling, and rough water stability without the top-end speed loss you experience with other manufacturers’ propellers.

Now manufactured in our Industry leading TP17 stainless, the Express Mach4 series is perfect for any application that demands enhanced acceleration, cornering, and load carrying capabilities. This prop series is ideally suited for watersports, sterndrive boats, tri-toons, bay boats, and any vessel that can use stern lift. It is our best upgrade of older stainless designs from the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, and ’00’s, and will outrun most newer props, including five blade ski props.
You could also look at Sharrow Marine propellers. But they are stupid expensive and take a year or more to get.

Another weird design they claim is better than standard prop designs.

Mototrig

Reaction score
turning points are great props for the price if youre not in need of a performance prop. I have installed hundreds without issue. you wont find a better bang for the buck
That's good to know. Not looking to break any speed records however I'm pretty sick and tired of having only the fishing vessel pitch elephant ear props available.

Thanks for the info

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Been using the TP 4 blade aluminum for years. I have two patches l, one for carrying a load of people and one for just me and my y wife(more top end). Great price, good performance. Excellent for a spare.