WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

twin outboard hallett vector

MARCYTECH

Reaction score
how bout some boating content rather that build pictures eh!?
IMG_8358.jpeg
IMG_8349.jpeg
IMG_8356.jpeg

MARCYTECH

Reaction score
Recently did some new reeds in the engines as I suspected mine were starting to be pretty worn out. Symptoms are Very hard cold starts and lotsssss of smoke on the launch ramp.Opted to some boysen 2 stage reeds. Sort of an intimidating job but i got it done and it was a great fix. Boat fires right up on the launch with minimal smoke now! The new reeds came with shorter bolts too as the stock ones block a lot of the reed cage. Pretty cool!
IMG_9042.jpeg IMG_9045.jpeg IMG_9019.jpeg

Had it out for 4th of July and we had a great time.
IMG_9109.jpeg IMG_9108.jpeg IMG_9150.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1626.jpeg
    IMG_1626.jpeg
    851.5 KB · Views: 65

MARCYTECH

Reaction score
It’s time for new and additional gauges. I want to go with livorsi but am having trouble deciding on looks
I’m leaning toward white face, chrome race ring and black angle bezels
Other options are silver face with the rest the same or stick with black face like I have now?
Anyone wanna give their opinion?!
Here’s some pic samples. My dash is the one with the black gauges

Attachments

• IMG_9331.png
    IMG_9331.png
    955.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9328.jpeg
    IMG_9328.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9329.jpeg
    IMG_9329.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 71

lenmann

Reaction score
Definitely a nice upgrade on the gages, really classes up the dash and gives it a more contemporary look. Well done sir!

papabear639

Reaction score
Awesome boat...If it were mine, I'd go with what is in the center picture. The picture on the right works really well because the gel has silver in it and it ties it in., Your boat has other black accessories in the cockpit that the black angle bezels will tie into.

counterpart7

Reaction score
White face, chrome race ring and black angle bezels

White matches your boats base, I think silver would look out of place personally. White is timeless.

lenmann

Reaction score
Different yellow boat Len. 🤣
Ooops, starting Wednesday mornings with a bloody mary is starting to look like a bad life strategy. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

ChrisV

Reaction score
Ooops, starting Wednesday mornings with a bloody mary is starting to look like a bad life strategy. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
More like a great time! Enjoy!

MARCYTECH

Reaction score
Summers comin so I wanted to get a head start on some upgrades I’ve been wanting to do.
First thing was adding some water separators for the fuel system. Just a nice piece of mind I guess!
IMG_2481.jpeg

I also drew up and made some fender holders to clean up some of the mess under the hatch since I don’t have ski lockers to shove them into. Got them powder coated black and I couldn’t be more stoked on how they came out.
IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_2490.jpeg

MARCYTECH

Reaction score
Got the gauges mounted up and holy smokes am I completely happy with the way they changed the look of the dash. Just gotta wire them and we’re off to the river for Easter!
Here’s a before and after
IMG_2380.jpeg IMG_2558.jpeg

Any ideas of what to do about that god awful glove box cover? I was thinking of getting a billet offering from Eddie marine. Not sure what color I’d do? Yellow? Black? Machine finish? I wish it wasn’t there honestly but I’m stuck with it for now.