WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Two New Forums and forums that will be removed..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I would like to see river pads split up to For Sale and For Rent. Just lazy I guess but I have to drill down on too many to see if it is a for rent or for sale.

Well technically (so I don't end up divorced) people shouldn't really be selling properties in LHC / Parker / Bullhead / Kingman off rdp unless it goes through my wife's biz.. LOL. I just went down there and saw there was a few of them that sold off of there. :oops: I'm hoping she doesn't see that. LOL

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No Roll Bar section? Damn.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What should we call it?

Replace the Campbell forum with a Hallett forum...

***runs and ducks for cover***

How about we take the Schiada, Spectra, Campbell forum and combine them into "classic boats" and for the description add Hallett, Rayson, etc..

On the password protected forum, I sent an e-mail out to the IT guys today.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is what I have so far..

Combine the MidWest Chapter of RDP with the Lounge (Lounge being the name left)

Ski Racing - Legends on the Rope. Combine with the pro shop down in the classifieds. (Pro Shop to be the name that is left)

GCC - Welcome Home : Rename to Off-Road General Chit Chat

Sales and Specials - Companies offering discounts : Combine with Off-Road General Chit chat (leaving Off-Road General chit chat name)

Detailing Tips forum - Combine with the Lounge (Lounge being the name left)

Eliminator Boats Classifieds - Combine with Boats and Water Craft (Boats and watercraft to be the name left)

Hi line Motorsports - Combine with Boats and Water Craft (boats and watercraft to be the name left)

R&B Autocenter - Remove

Campbell Boats Forum / Schiada Boats Forum / Spectra Boats Forum - Combine them all into one and Rename to "Classic Boats - Campbell, Spectra, Howard, Schiada, Rayson, Hallett etc.."

----------------------------------------

Guns and Ammo - Because things are getting "weird" here in the USA I would like to know what my options are for making this forum only visible to certain members. What would be the best course of action for this? I'm ok with password protecting the forum so they can enter a password to see it. I'm also ok with a special user permission where only members that we give access to it can see it visibly. (Will google crawlers still be able to access / index this information if it's a special user permission?)

What would be your best course of action to keep prying eyes out of this forum, so that us freedom lovers can still talk about guns etc.. Prying eyes meaning anti gun nuts, google, government, etc..

Please create a forum in the information station that is called "Tow Boats - Boats with Towers, and without Towers dedicated to wake sports & skiing"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just a thought -- if you're going to go to all the work to produce a regular RDP Newsletter, add "Newsletter Archive" to the AMS Category Navigation on the homepage. It would be a great reference source.

Good call I'll hit him up on this..

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
As suggested on the Delta trip thread a delta section would be nice to see, there are a number of gents on the forums from the area.

What would you want to call it? Specifically..

Delta Boaters
Delta Area Boating
Nor Cal Hot Boats

Let me know.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think it was more of people posting pictures without girls consent..

the Bar was the only password protected forum we ever had.. I ended up removing it because of lack of content. The only rule was you had to take the picture yourself, not random shit on the internet..

There wasn't any pics in there where what you said became a problem.. at least I don't remember any?

RD

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
What if you start a new thread...…..if you have someone blocked...…..they cant see or post on your thread.? What they cant see wont hurt them. Just an idea.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What if you start a new thread...…..if you have someone blocked...…..they cant see or post on your thread.? What they cant see wont hurt them. Just an idea.

mom not having anymore software coded, especially over stupid shit like that. It’s $$$

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
the Bar was the only password protected forum we ever had.. I ended up removing it because of lack of content. The only rule was you had to take the picture yourself, not random shit on the internet..

There wasn't any pics in there where what you said became a problem.. at least I don't remember any?

RD

Fair enough. I thought I remembered hearing something about the consent of the girls. But It could have been false.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
FOCK THAT!!!! Nothing to see up here! Weather is terrible, wind always blows, and the crocodiles are insane! Stay away! The Delta and NorCal is closed!

[emoji16]
Unlike Parker, the Delta is always open. There is room for everyone. Except the crocs are abundant. [emoji3]

Sent From Tapatalk

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

RD

There was quite a bit of content and it was just taking off when one member decided to post random shit.

I was in the process of converting some of my slides to digital when you pulled the plug.

WYRD

Reaction score

RD
To keep prying eyes out of something like this or the gun thread you could always have membership approval required and a minimum number of posts with the minimum number of rep points in order to apply?

Badchoices03

Reaction score
To keep prying eyes out of something like this or the gun thread you could always have membership approval required and a minimum number of posts with the minimum number of rep points in order to apply?

Thats what I suggested a few posts back, must be an active member and be approved by the other members that have access...although my post count is pretty low so it would probably work against me.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Well it's apparent we need an RV forum, so I put one in the Information Station! Questions / Answers / Fixes / anything in between.. The site was absolutely helpful when we were going to buy ours, and I'd like to document the fixes and changes we make to it as we own it.. as I'm sure others will want to do on theirs! As well as share what parks are good, where they are going etc..

Second forum is Props to businesses. A lot of good recommendations for shops get blown off the front page in minutes. It would be nice to have a record of those places again. I used to have it years ago, and got rid of it because it got abused by some people who were having their friends post positive reviews of their shop when it there wasn't even any work done.. We will do it again.

RD

Great idea. Will it be called the 2FF forum? Maybe just 2FFF?

Reactions: DWC

hallett21

Reaction score
Home improvement/ projects with the kids/ builds. Something that isn’t just new construction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Is Bildoe still the moderator on the fuck page?

rrrr

Reaction score
What do you mean 5W and TT?

RD

Don't do it. There shouldn't be separate forums for motor homes and trailers. You're deleting separate boat manufacturer forums and making one classic boat forum. Do the same with RVs.

If you don't, it'll just split up the traffic, and that'll keep one side from seeing good posts on the other about tires, brakes, A/C, appliances, generators, electrical, and other common subjects. There aren't enough posts about toy haulers, bumper pulls, fifth wheels, diesels, diesel pushers, gas, Class A, Class C, and all other types to have anything but a single RV forum. There's a search function, people need to use it, and anyway thread titles provide specific information as it is.

It's great you are consolidating some of the lower traffic and redundant forums.

For a long time there has been too much fragmentation on RDP forums, and that results in the same few people making too few posts, which results in too little traffic. I suspect they're also a PITA to manage and moderate.

As for the Guns & Ammo forum, rename it, like RFN. You have a giant target on your back with it, no pun intended. A password requirement is probably the best solution for bots and idiots, and with the political climate it's just going to get worse.

Finally, I want to give out props to the moderators. I don't think I've ever expressed my appreciation for their work.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
I would like to see river pads split up to For Sale and For Rent. Just lazy I guess but I have to drill down on too many to see if it is a for rent or for sale.

It's not just lazy, it's seriously lazy. The listings on the first page of the forum go back to the first week of June. How often are you planning to move?

:p

rrrr

Reaction score
We used to have a DLB (Delta Lunch Bunch) section. I guess it got removed at some point.

You could call it NorCal Delta and Such. LOL.

Sent From Tapatalk

It must not have been very popular if you and the others didn't notice it was gone.

:p 😁

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
It must not have been very popular if you and the others didn't notice it was gone.

[emoji14] [emoji16]
True!! However PB was still going strong then. PB has all but died now, and more DLB'ers are in RDP now.

Sent From Tapatalk

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
FWIW Rd I think password protecting the firearms area is a great idea, and the time is come for sure. Been several times I was going to post something in there but had second thoughts. Call me parnoid or whatever ya want...but ya, password it. It needs to happen.