WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Two observations about Lake Tahoe

f12517

Reaction score
Yup...welcome to Placer county. We are all trying to hire.

Cobalt has made a killing on that lake over the years.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Yup...welcome to Placer county. We are all trying to hire.

Cobalt has made a killing on that lake over the years.

I’m not kidding, I’ve seen about 1,000 of them not only in every marina slip and on every mooring ball but being trailered or sitting on trailers all around the lake . It’s crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Always liked the style and finish on Cobalts. Well built boat

At one time Cobalt was pretty much considered the Cadillac of your midwestern production built boats and their price reflected that status. They were made to handle the waters of the Great Lakes with style and comfort for their size range.
Now owned by Malibu, seems they're staying up with the times, but it seems they're all open bows now.

Tbrownski

Reaction score
I always feel like I have a super common havasu boat (hallett 270) but when it’s on Tahoe in the summer it’s pretty damn out of place. I’ve only ever seen maybe 5 other halletts total on the lake.

It seriously has to be 95% cobalts. But they’re prefect up there with so much freeboard, I’ve had waves come over the back of my boat while trying to get on the trailer on a rough day.

Reactions: DWC

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah, every person I sold a Nautique to there had or has a Cobalt. Nautiques are definitely the wakeboat of choice up there though.

My wife and might possibly be some of the only people who dont like going to Tahoe. Always so crowded and cold as shit; it is pretty picturesque though.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I'm not a fan Tahoe and I live 45 min from Cave Rock boat launch.

The wind can be troublesome in the afternoons.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
At one time Cobalt was pretty much considered the Cadillac of your midwestern production built boats and their price reflected that status. They were made to handle the waters of the Great Lakes with style and comfort for their size range.
Now owned by Malibu, seems they're staying up with the times, but it seems they're all open bows now.
Our Cobalt is a 2006 when Cobalt was still family-owned. Supposedly, quality has gone down since Malibu bought them, but still good.

Ours spent most of it's life on Lake Michigan and takes large 90 degree waves very well. I do see a handful of other Cobalts on Havasu, but not too many.

Tank

Reaction score
Been to havasu lately? Same shit regarding the "now hiring" signs. Went through McDonalds and the sign said "now hiring. Starting pay $14.00 and hour"

PlanB

Reaction score
Been to havasu lately? Same shit regarding the "now hiring" signs. Went through McDonalds and the sign said "now hiring. Starting pay $14.00 and hour"

Took 2.5 hours to get my car washed the other day at Car Toyz in Havasu (usually 45 minutes). One of the workers said too many lazy people that want to sit home and collect $$$ than work. They are seriously short handed like a lot of the businesses everywhere. When government money ends it will be interesting...

sintax

Reaction score
Took 2.5 hours to get my car washed the other day at Car Toyz in Havasu (usually 45 minutes). One of the workers said too many lazy people that want to sit home and collect $$$ than work. They are seriously short handed like a lot of the businesses everywhere. When government money ends it will be interesting...

yup, you see it everywhere now.

Well at the rate things are going, they'll have another 7.5 years of collecting checks and sitting on their asses!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm not a fan Tahoe and I live 45 min from Cave Rock boat launch.

The wind can be troublesome in the afternoons.

It's the worst! Rocks all around. I launched a brand new 230k Nautique G25 there. The wind came up and I literally had to ask the customers I was out with to make sure we didn't blow into the dock or rocks. It was embarrassing to ask but better than crushing their new boat into the rocks on the east side of the ramp (the road side).

nowski

Reaction score
A good buddy of mine owns this Cobalt R30. It has some pretty nice upgrades like a joystick that controls both engines independently that makes docking super easy. It also has a swim stem that lowers down into the water just below the water line, a perfect upgrade for the channel if you know what I mean...

Cobalt.jpg
Cobalt-2.jpg
Cobalt-3.jpg
Cobalt-4.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has an R6 with the Volvo 496HO and a duoprop drive. Its a nice boat. We take it out of San Diego bay and it handles offshore just fine. Top speed is about 60 depending on load. The R8 outboard with twin 350's would be a neat boat to have.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score