WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Two things needed

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Looking for a exterior white caulk that actually stays white and doesn't attrack dirt. Preferably from lowes or home depot.

10" sliding miter saw. Home use. Currently have a hand down makita slide but it has no guard. Not comfortable with me or my family using it.
. Recommendations?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Not sure the caulking application. I typically don‘t like the cheap stuff at the box stores. Chem-caulk for my polyurethane porous applications. Dow 7 series silicone for the non porous applications. Keep in mind that you can typically paint the polyurethane caulking where you are not able to do so with the silicone. Maybe if you have a specific use that could change things a bit.

As far as saws I typically have bought the best Dewalt on the market at the time. Compound Miter to be able to cut anything that I want. If you don’t use it often I’d buy a 12” miter saw and don‘t look back. Did that for my father 10 year ago and he was happy to dump the 1970 sear & roebuck relic.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I've had good luck with Sika. It doesn't seem to discolor like the cheaper stuff. I used to go through a lot of white with the PVC roof membranes. At Home Dump, they keep it with the building materials, not with the other caulk in paint supplies.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Thanks! It is on pvc/ vinyl trim. When it was originally installed they used clear silicone. But that just blackened from dust and dirt. I replaced some with Alex 40 year paintable white. It is looking dirty in just a couple of weeks. Finishing up the more visible areas and want something better.

DLC

Reaction score
Try this but not available at depot, I’ve used cases and cases of this to caulk around roof top parapet walls, concrete to metal flashing.

I had to get a air powered (pneumatic ) caulking gun

edit-
they have a textured and a smooth, textured seems to be more popular in on the shelf type stores

1FF8C198-7F65-4C2A-BA9E-AA336DFC1497.jpeg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
I have the 10 inch Mikita LS 1013 from depot works really good but I don’t use it all that often, it set up on a fold out stand w/ outriggers for long material

also have a ridged 10 inch chop / no slide that works great, but use it more for just a few quick cuts

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Try this but not available at depot, I’ve used cases and cases of this to caulk around roof top parapet walls, concrete to metal flashing.

I had to get a air powered (pneumatic ) caulking gun

View attachment 1143616

This

The main guy that does Lanai installs at our park in Florida uses it exclusively. Told me about it years ago. I have seen his lanai installs from 10 yrs ago and the caulk is still white.

Reactions: DLC

RiverCruiser

Reaction score
Looking for a exterior white caulk that actually stays white and doesn't attrack dirt. Preferably from lowes or home depot.

10" sliding miter saw. Home use. Currently have a hand down makita slide but it has no guard. Not comfortable with me or my family using it.
. Recommendations?
Did you try ordering a guard for the saw?

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score

. Recommendations?
Where are you located…. I have a saw, I might be interested in selling. I’m in South OC/Havasu

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Whittier
Could not find a guard, but I will try again.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Here is the deal with most exterior caulk, including Vulcum, they are ment to never harden so they flex(expand/contract) with the weather. So they will always attract dirt if not painted. You wont find a good exterior sealant that dust wont stick to without being painted.. jmo

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Here is the deal with most exterior caulk, including Vulcum, they are ment to never harden so they flex(expand/contract) with the weather. So they will always attract dirt if not painted. You wont find a good exterior sealant that dust wont stick to without being painted.. jmo
Good info. Thanks!

Your ad here

Reaction score
Water based caulk doesn't last long. It goes dry and shrinks and cracks in a couple years. Dow Corning is the best exterior caulking. Sika flex 1A or it may be A1 is good but the white will fade and darken. Do not get self leveling caulking for anything. All it does it make a mess and a reason to say bad words and do the job twice.
You have to get this stuff where contractors shop. Whitecap, hub has it, sunshine supply.

samsah33

Reaction score
Check out Harbor Freight for the saw, I picked up a 10" sliding compound miter saw w/ laser for pretty cheap. Full disclosure, I'm a weekend warrior and not in trade, so it works great for me around the house on the occasional casing or trim or other misc projects. Also, calibrate it before first using, I found out the hard way after nuking a couple corners on some crown molding (no, I don't cope my corners!)...