WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tyson / Holyfield 3?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Man this virus has us stooping to new lows for entertainment. Pay per view I assume?

63833582-2EDD-44CE-AB53-644439339CF9.png

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
He’s still terrifying...but one of the nicest people outside of the ring that you’ll ever meet.

Thank god for HRT giving us old dudes hope [emoji106][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jet496

Reaction score
Both those men has so much power & experience that I think it'll be a great, even matched fight. I bet the tire out a hell of a lot easier.

sintax

Reaction score
I was maybe 12 when the Tyson / Holyfield fight happened so I never really knew how brutal Tyson was in his prime... saw some older videos of him and ho lee fook!!

haha same man. My dad would drag me over to his buddies to watch the fights. I'd mostly just play with other peoples kids and ignored the fights. Later I went back and watched some, that dude was an absolute animal.

nameisbond

Reaction score
My Dads a boxing fan and I watched with him from a young age. I was 13, when Tyson began his professional career. It was awesome watching him in his prime.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He’s still terrifying...but one of the nicest people outside of the ring that you’ll ever meet.

Thank god for HRT giving us old dudes hope [emoji106][emoji4]

I have heard that from several people who have met him. One was my cousin. My cousin was getting married at some pretty nice place in Maui, and Tyson and group were also at the same resort. Partially as a joke, Tyson was invited to join in the reception. This was at least 15 years ago. He did! Nice button up dress shirt, mingling with some people that had no idea who he was!
Having never seen Tyson aside from TV, seeing him in a pic next to my cousin gave me a good idea of his actual "mass". This is also still well out of his "prime". I would venture to say even now, he could knock me clean into another zipcode.

pronstar

Reaction score

boatnam2

Reaction score
I think it would be a huge PPV, I would rather watch 2 old brawlers versus a McGregor/Mayweather money grab.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Tyson hit up on my girl in Vegas before we were together. She was a thoroughbred but didnt go there.

he was a total nightmare in the ring. Lost his way/focus after Demato (whatever his name was) died.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I used to love watching heavyweights go at it. You'd be watching that knowing they are trying like hell to knock the other guy out or kill them. Now with all this focus on the small guys it's all about scoring points. It's boring as hell to watch. I only got to see Tyson a couple times. I used to love watching Butterbean fight though. That guy was entertaining as hell. Specially for a big fat slob.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

adam909

Reaction score
interesting if it happens.. I dont think tyson will put the bong down long enough for him to properly get in shape.

rush1

Reaction score
I used to love watching heavyweights go at it. You'd be watching that knowing they are trying like hell to knock the other guy out or kill them. Now with all this focus on the small guys it's all about scoring points. It's boring as hell to watch. I only got to see Tyson a couple times. I used to love watching Butterbean fight though. That guy was entertaining as hell. Specially for a big fat slob.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
You're right but Butter Bean could actually fight I think that's why he was so entertaining, how old Was George Foreman when he made his comeback?

sirbob

Reaction score
Is that for real official?

I know they are both “working out” and said they would do some charity stuff but I had not heard anything official.

I think that’s a designer playing around on his insta?

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I would pay to watch the fight. After being on lockdown for 2 months I will pay for any live sport event cause I’m bored af! lol.

At 53 Tyson could still break you skull. He’s got old man strength now:eek:

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'm 61 and I can't recall any of these "Come Back" old dude fights being worth the money I paid to watch them. I prefer enjoying Tyson as he is today outside the ring.... and watching his prime of life fights when I need a fix.... nothing like him ever.

teded

Reaction score
Was at the ear biting fight. Paid $500 for a ticket in the nose bleed section at the MGM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw1

Reaction score
I'm 61 and I can't recall any of these "Come Back" old dude fights being worth the money I paid to watch them. I prefer enjoying Tyson as he is today outside the ring.... and watching his prime of life fights when I need a fix.... nothing like him ever.

George Forman did pretty damn good when he came back. Especially considering how out of shape he was.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Back when Boxing was "THE SPORT"

So many Great heavyweights and then Leonard, Duran and so many others.

I have watched many Tyson fights back when in his prime. I do not care what Cage Fighter you put in with him = I'd put my $'s on him.

Especially if the Pre Fight B.S. ever became personal.

Many of his early fights,he did not even break a sweat.

2 Hits One hitting his Opponet AND the other the guy hitting the Mat.

pronstar

Reaction score
George Forman did pretty damn good when he came back. Especially considering how out of shape he was.

I think hormone replacement therapy puts guys today way beyond George.

George had veteran knowledge but a veteran body.

Tyson has veteran knowledge and the body/stamina of a 30 year old.

It’ll be interesting and I’m definitely gonna watch Tyson fight [emoji106]

sw1

Reaction score
I think hormone replacement therapy puts guys today way beyond George.

George had veteran knowledge but a veteran body.

Tyson has veteran knowledge and the body/stamina of a 30 year old.

It’ll be interesting and I’m definitely gonna watch Tyson fight [emoji106]

I completely agree with that. I don’t think there has ever been anybody at anytime in history that was as good as Tyson, when Tyson was in his prime.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score
Kind of ironic that Iron Mike is coming back to boxing with the same guy that basically got him kicked out of boxing. You know, I don't even know who has any of the heavy weight tiles any more. MMA is all the talk these days.

Not a whole lot of Mikes fights went past 1 round. Shortly after Cuss Damato passed Mikes life went down hill. He kept Mike on the straight and narrow. The only other person in Mikes life that had a shot at keeping him in line was his trainer Kevin Rooney in my opinion. They soon parted ways as well.

Reactions: sw1

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Tonight!!, when flipping Channels found on Fox Business a show with the TMZ Host doing interviews. Tonight happened to be Tyson. I have never watched an interview that was a no holds barred honest, answer any and all questions thrown at him. I really enjoyed how truthful he was about every aspect of his life. His mother was a Prostitute and his Father a Pimp arrested 38 times by 13 on and on. The only time he became emotional was when discussing Cus D'Amato even when his Daughter died in a Tread Mill accident. he said he got the Shit beat out of himself 9 out of 10 times before D'amato found him training in a gym. The rest is History. He is now as close to happiness as is possible for him with Children, A Wife, his Pigeons, a Vegas Show. The Guy deserves every GOOD thing that comes his way because at 51, Damn the Man has lived one Hell of a Life.

96scarab

Reaction score
I have heard that from several people who have met him. One was my cousin. My cousin was getting married at some pretty nice place in Maui, and Tyson and group were also at the same resort. Partially as a joke, Tyson was invited to join in the reception. This was at least 15 years ago. He did! Nice button up dress shirt, mingling with some people that had no idea who he was!
Having never seen Tyson aside from TV, seeing him in a pic next to my cousin gave me a good idea of his actual "mass". This is also still well out of his "prime". I would venture to say even now, he could knock me clean into another zipcode.
Share the pic!!! I've been watching a lot of Tyson YouTube videos lately!

River Runnin

Reaction score
I'd probably watch it just to see if that LowLife piece of FK'n Shit will scratch, bite, throw a knee to the nuts, or sing! 😑

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Share the pic!!! I've been watching a lot of Tyson YouTube videos lately!
This, well to me at least, was pre-phone cameras. Remember people having disposable cameras, or the one's around their neck? The "old days" ;) I'm sure there's another copy, but the one I saw was put in their wedding book...
Damn, doing the math, it had to be at least 19 years ago! My cousin's kid just graduated...damn I'm getting old😲

squeezer

Reaction score
I don’t think there are five fighters in the world right now who could walk out of the ring after three rounds with Tyson.

Light/Heavy/Boxer/MMA... Doesn’t matter one bit. It’s like arguing who would survive stepping in front of a train.

PaPaG

Reaction score
If anyone has ever seen Tyson in the ring live they would understand that his punching power was just amazing. I have seen him fight every fight in Vegas up close and a few times ringside, when he hit all of us watching used to cringe and felt the power. If he has half that power he could knock out well over 80% of anyone that steps into the ring with him, that is if he builds his stamina back..Well except for Mayweather, he would have to chase him down the entire fight since Mayweather is a tactically trained runner in the ring :D