WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

uber/lyft---are they operating?

wzuber

Reaction score
As the title states, are they back in operation since the ruling of their labor/employee contract?
I haven't used either in well over a year or 2 and don't follow their operations at all aside from what gets posted here or I happen to catch a news headline. We're going to need them the end of the month in ventura beach areas while vacationing.
TIA

jadenchick

Reaction score
I think so. When I pull up the app it shows I can use it to book a ride.

traquer

Reaction score
I think so? I got an alert from uber the other day about some going to work promo b.s. they're doing so I assume they're running?

Singleton

Reaction score
Yes. Emergency order allowed them to continue to operate

Sharpy

Reaction score
They’re running. But since we’re on the subject, can anyone explain why Uber keeps trying to extort me/us for more money recently?? The last several times I’ve tried using the service, I confirm and can see cars on the map, but Uber keeps cycling “looking for drivers”. Then a popup comes asking if I want to pay a premium... this goes on repeatedly for 5 minutes or so with varying prices. Example: I fly into LAX every Monday and need a ride to the west side of the airport to our job trailer. Uber starts between $15-17, then starts popping up with $30, $40 and sometimes $50+... to go 4 miles around to the other side of the tarmac, it’s totally ridiculous!! 🤬🤬

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
They’re running. But since we’re on the subject, can anyone explain why Uber keeps trying to extort me/us for more money recently?? The last several times I’ve tried using the service, I confirm and can see cars on the map, but Uber keeps cycling “looking for drivers”. Then a popup comes asking if I want to pay a premium... this goes on repeatedly for 5 minutes or so with varying prices. Example: I fly into LAX every Monday and need a ride to the west side of the airport to our job trailer. Uber starts between $15-17, then starts popping up with $30, $40 and sometimes $50+... to go 4 miles around to the other side of the tarmac, it’s totally ridiculous!! [emoji2959][emoji2959]

That’s when you pit the Lyft app against the Uber app.

Prices are often similar, but sometimes can vary widely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro