WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ultimate Tug of War truck vs Boat

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I'm not buying it. No way the friction of the tire could overcome the tugs pull. Once he had the tow sliding he could have drug him off the pier in a heart beat.

500bbc

Reaction score
Pfffttt...Schiada would kick both their asses.:D

rush1

Reaction score
That was bitchen we run the entire fleet across the country on that oil. Good stuff. :D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I'm not buying it. No way the friction of the tire could overcome the tugs pull. Once he had the tow sliding he could have drug him off the pier in a heart beat.

this

I have seen tug boats do some crazy things, like rip piles out from a dock because some one forgot to untie a line. I can't see that truck winning.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The tug was pulling down on the truck. If it was level I think it would of won.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
This is totally possible that the tug lost. Let's break it down a bit.

The tug has only 900 HP being delivered to a direct shaft and has no "traction" to speak of. The tug is old and old technology. New tugs today have upward of 5500 HP and are diesel electric. The shot of the truck dragging and spinning was the truck doing nothing then trying to grab a gear mid slide. Big rigs axles are only drivin on one side. You have to flip switches in the cab to get more traction. My wrecker has two switches. One for getting power to the second axle opposite of the primary drive and a 2nd switch that positive locks both axles and all 4 sides. Ultimate traction. The tug stopped pulling and the wrecker took over. But that wrecker against a real tug like a Crowley and the Crowley would pull the wrecker in just at idle. Lol

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
I would have enjoyed seeing the entire pull match rather than clips of it. That makes it way too difficult to know who really won. But hey, it's just a commercial for junk oil.

mothershipper

Reaction score
What McRib said I do not call BS. Thank you for the clarification.