WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ultimate Wear Ring

Stalkaholic

Run but ya can't hide...
Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of a bowl swap...swapping from a JC to an American Turbine split bowl.

Figured while I'm in there installing an AT stainless impeller and the HTP Ultimate Wear Ring.

Has anyone had any experience with the UWR? Pros? Cons? Thoughts? Opinions?

IMPATIENT 1

Reaction score
don't waste your $$$, if you've got a shouldered bronze wearring, stick with it! uwr is great for race only or anybody with a jetaway but all it takes is 1 bad dry start and plewwwwyy, the wearring it trashed.

sanger rat

Reaction score
I ran the UWR for one season. It is now hanging on the wall. I like the blue plastic and brass style better.

SmokinLowriderSS

Taylor fan Chevy muscle
Reaction score
all it takes is 1 bad dry start and plewwwwyy, the wearring it trashed.

That is why you NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES START IT DRY, which incidentally, is what Duane tells you to never, ever, under any circumstances do.

The tightest seal you'll ever get is with a UWR. Also the easiest instalation, and never will the insulator blow out from under the wear ring under high bowl pressure (since the insulator doesn't exist).

My previous one lasted 16 years,and was STILL SEALING WELL (but then, I never, EVER, started it dry).
Only reason I replaced it was new impeller and full overhaul.

Reaction score
Best money i ever spent.

Well if you call going from 63 to 70 a decent gain from rebuilding your pump.

Just dont ever start it dry or you will trash it and you will be right bacj at point 1

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Best money i ever spent.

Well if you call going from 63 to 70 a decent gain from rebuilding your pump.

Just dont ever start it dry or you will trash it and you will be right bacj at point 1

What about buying the piece so you could fix the leak.... :hmm :D

IMPATIENT 1

Reaction score
That is why you NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES START IT DRY, which incidentally, is what Duane tells you to never, ever, under any circumstances do.

The tightest seal you'll ever get is with a UWR. Also the easiest instalation, and never will the insulator blow out from under the wear ring under high bowl pressure (since the insulator doesn't exist).

My previous one lasted 16 years,and was STILL SEALING WELL (but then, I never, EVER, started it dry).
Only reason I replaced it was new impeller and full overhaul.

i rebuilt 5 pumps with the uwr(2 where mine) , and dozens without. couldn't tell a difference between a properly set-up shouldered bronze or the uwr, its all about clearences, not just the clearence up frt ;) most guys don't know how to check impellor wear surface to wearring clearence, and that's where the sealing starts. i've never wadded 1 up but have seen it done at the ramp.everybody likes to start their motor before dropping it off the trailer, and if you don't have a jetaway with a uwr, you're just taking a chance. i'll use them again but not on my stuff, its not practical for me.

but you know more than me, since you've tried other kinds of wearrings before :p and built more pumps too prob :D quit quoting me and i'll quit busting chops :D

shotgun19

Reaction score
The UWR is not good:fsakes. Alot of people I know have tried them and they wear out fast due to debrie in the water, then they get sand filled in them. Get a bronze shouldered wear ring is the best!!!

IMPATIENT 1

Reaction score
The UWR is not good:fsakes. Alot of people I know have tried them and they wear out fast due to debrie in the water, then they get sand filled in them. Get a bronze shouldered wear ring is the best!!!

:beer YEP!

sanger rat

Reaction score
The one to use.

Attachments

• im000272x.jpg
    im000272x.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 295

brendellajet

Reaction score
Duane will tell you, dont start it dry. If you run in filthy or shallow water it will wear faster, any idiot can figure that out if you take the time to understand how it works. If you boat in deep water I'd say its a great product.

If you run one and didn't like it its because you didn't listen to Duane when he told you, dont run it in brackish water and dont run it dry, its not the products fault, its the users.