WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ultra Boats Meet Up

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Heading out to Havasu August 8-12. With ultra fest being cancelled does anyone want to meet up for some drinks and a few pictures. Nothing official just a couple ultra owners and their boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Heading out to Havasu August 8-12. With ultra fest being cancelled does anyone want to meet up for some drinks and a few pictures. Nothing official just a couple ultra owners and their boats.

I might be interested in that

FishSniper

Reaction score

If we’re up that weekend I’ll be in.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
If not this time, I would be up for it next time! I have kept an eye out for ultra fest the last two years. Seems like the shop has been making boats. They reposted some of our pictures and sent some responses on Instagram. Things seemed to be getting better. Anyone know if they will start doing ultrafest again?

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Sounds good, Lemme check the schedules.. I can have my kid bring his drone and take some shots..

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Oh man.... I wish I could being that I've been dying to get mine over to havasu. It's been a fucked up summer. In some ways it has been good. In others, not as much

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
If not this time, I would be up for it next time! I have kept an eye out for ultra fest the last two years. Seems like the shop has been making boats. They reposted some of our pictures and sent some responses on Instagram. Things seemed to be getting better. Anyone know if they will start doing ultrafest again?

I talked with someone on their social media that said they are trying to do Ultra Fest 2021 in June but they might make something happen in oct/nov

I just figured since I’m going to be there for a few days I would see if anyone else was going to be out there.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I talked with someone on their social media that said they are trying to do Ultra Fest 2021 in June but they might make something happen in oct/nov

I just figured since I’m going to be there for a few days I would see if anyone else was going to be out there.

I like hearing that. I will have to make sure that goes in the book for time off, if they set a date. If June 2021 falls apart on an official level, everyone should still plan to go and meet up. As you are suggesting now.

Tireman

Reaction score
I'd like to go.only going to be in town the weekend though . I'll follow this.

Last edited:

Riverryder

Reaction score
Just join the dam dam run guys... havasu is so close to bullhead...

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Just join the dam dam run guys... havasu is so close to bullhead...

I had that thought but I’ve got others in my group who don’t want to make the drive.

With how crazy havazoo has been all summer I’m thinking the easiest way to all link up is to meet at a cove, or bouy line at Thompson and then decide to stay there or go find a beach. I’ve got a gps file for all the blm campsites but I’m thinking if we pick a specific one there’s bound to be someone there before us.

I’m wide open for ideas if someone has a better plan. The last ultra fest I went too they had control of most of the nautical beach but without an official event I don’t think that’s an option.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I will be up August 3-8 then back 11 -15

If i am around I will meet up

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
I'd like to go.only going to be in town the weekend though . I'll follow this.

I’m thinking I’ll post up what cove/beach I’m gonna be at each day I’m in town so if others want to join they are more than welcome.

If all else fails we usually spend Saturday and Sunday afternoons floating in Thompson Bay people watching.

IMG_2041.jpg

Riverryder

Reaction score
Do they make the bikinis not to match the gel?
ops boat purple bimini guy below him has a red one with orange boat?

04-24Stealth

Reaction score

I’ve see a lot of different patterns on ultras but this style always looks the cleanest to me.

As for the Bimini, I don’t know. While I’ve been around this point since it was new I wasn’t making the design decisions when it was built in 2004. My guess is you could pick your color.

All my gauge accents and swim steps are purple so it ties it all together.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@04-24Stealth oh ok makes sense now. Your gauges at night when you don’t need the bimini match the purple Bimini on your red and white boat? Guess since my eliminator has the same colors on the top as the boat seems weird to me that yours is way off and so it’s the other ultra...

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
@04-24Stealth oh ok makes sense now. Your gauges at night when you don’t need the bimini match the purple Bimini on your red and white boat? Guess since my eliminator has the same colors on the top as the boat seems weird to me that yours is way off and so it’s the other ultra...

The accent rings around the outside of the gauges are purple. It’s hard to tell from the photo but there is purple in the gel coat and maroon and purple in all my seats. It’s interesting though. Never really thought about it till now. Never really cared I guess.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Hey it’s a nice boat just caught my eye thought maybe somethin happened to the original Bimini. The big 3 (eliminator, hallett, Nordic)the biminis match the gel scheme..

JuevosRancheros

Reaction score
Same here. Cant really tell from photo but there is red /maroon fade in the gel. Swim steps, handles, trim rings are red. I guess I'm used to it. I think an orange bimini would look funny.

boatsntoys

Reaction score
Sounds good, Lemme check the schedules.. I can have my kid bring his drone and take some shots..
How times have changed. In years gone by, we would have to meet at a precise time, they rent a helicopter,pilot, photographer to get a pic. Luckily that big expense has gone to the wayside

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Hey it’s a nice boat just caught my eye thought maybe somethin happened to the original Bimini. The big 3 (eliminator, hallett, Nordic)the biminis match the gel scheme..

This is the second ultra I’ve been a part of. The first one had a white Bimini with matching stripes that matched the gel coat. Not sure why they got away from that. I do remember the white getting really dirty.

Are you doing the damn run Saturday? It sounds super fun just found out about it a little late to make it work. On the radar for next year for sure.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@04-24Stealth yeah I’m doing it. I’m staying at willow. Katherine is a little to far for me. If I’m pulling the boat and trailer down that far I would rather go to the river.
so I’m just camping at willow and meeting them down at cotton, ride up to the dam with them and go maybe half way back to cotton and turning back.

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Try this round 2. Will be in havasu Friday night through Tuesday afternoon. Anyone else with an ultra going to be on the water this weekend?