WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Unconventional / Non Traditional Christmas Eve Dinner w/ Pops.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
It's just He & I, no family.
He didn't want to do 'anything' . . . LOL. Crusty F'er. πŸ˜†
I've never cooked lamb and have always LOVED Phillipe's Lamb sandwich in LA by Union Station.
So I picked up a lamb roast from Wild Fork a couple days ago.
Thawed it in the fridge. Found a simple Youtube recipe video to BBQ it on a charcoal grill. (Link at bottom of post )πŸ‘‡
It even included a recipe for the homemade seasoning rub and gravy as well.

Took a stab at it.
About 1 1/2 hours indirect at 425 on my little PK Grill with B&B briquettes, then wrapped to rest in foil for 30 minutes.
Gravy was insane . . . did the onion cook-down on the weber charcoal grill . . . then the wine/ beef-stock/ reduction on the stove top.
Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus rounded out the ' Christmas Meal with an Identity Crisis'. 🀣

Very happy with the results for a 1st timer.
Even Pops loved it, and He's as skeptical as they come ! 😝

Didn't take pics along the way . . . too spooked I was gonna wreck the whole deal.
But here are the results.

Merry Christmas Everyone.

_DSC8412.JPG

_DSC8417.JPG

Here's a link to the recipe . . .

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
I've never cooked lamb and have always LOVED Phillipe's Lamb sandwich in LA by Union Station.
Thawed it in the fridge. Found a simple Youtube recipe video to BBQ it on a charcoal grill. (Link at bottom of post )πŸ‘‡

Took a stab at it.
About 1 1/2 hours indirect at 425 on my little PK Grill with B&B briquettes, then wrapped in foil for 30 minutes.
Gravy was insane . . . did the onion cook-down on the weber charcoal grill . . . then the wine/ beef-stock/ reduction on the stove top.
Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus rounded out the ' Christmas Meal with an Identity Crisis'. 🀣

Didn't take pics along the way . . . too spooked I was gonna wreck the whole deal.

View attachment 1183199

View attachment 1183200

That is seriously cool of you and a wonderful gift for your dad. πŸ‘

DLC

Reaction score
That sounds like a nice time!
Enjoy them ! Not to many left

A rack of lamb is also great eating - Lamb Lollipops w/ chimichurry sauce

wishiknew

Reaction score

Took a stab at it.
About 1 1/2 hours indirect at 425 on my little PK Grill with B&B briquettes, then wrapped to rest in foil for 30 minutes.

View attachment 1183199

View attachment 1183200

Way cool for your dad wish I could see my dad once again

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Never cared for lamb but my grandfather LOVED it. One year we cooked him Christmas dinner and he was so thrilled of the gesture. I enjoy the time that you share with your father. My father passed a few years back. His last trip with us was to see our son graduate from college in Boulder CO. We had a great relationship but he and I did not get to have some of the fun i an having now with my son. Thank again for all that you share it making me smile for the two of you.

Keep it up for Pops!!!