WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Underwater LED's

picone

Reaction score
sorry if it's a re-pete?
[video=youtube;-SjgH0eNAqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SjgH0eNAqs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Attachments

• news_item-_image-27.jpg
    news_item-_image-27.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 524

River Pirate

Don't make me destroy you
Reaction score
Andrew has this on this boat... They look SICK!!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We ordered them on our boat, but it didn't come with them.
They'd work great in the keys.

OldSchool1964

Reaction score
Haven't seen one of those set ups in Parker, but I don't always sit out at night and look at the boats. But....I'm sure it would be very attention getting at the Saturday night parties on the river!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I have a feeling that those would get you pulled over pretty quick on the river, I've been pulled over for running a stern light before, which used to be standard equipment on all boats. None the less, i think the underwater LED's are badass!

riverratmike

Reaction score
some dude was cruising the parker strip friday and saturday nights with those LED lights on and they look bitchin

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I have a feeling that those would get you pulled over pretty quick on the river, I've been pulled over for running a stern light before, which used to be standard equipment on all boats. None the less, i think the underwater LED's are badass!

It's kind of funny, because you think that anything that makes your boat more visible at night would be encouraged.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I have a set of ocean led's on my boat as river pirate stated. I have the smaller amphibian a3's. They r pretty bad ass I love them

They are illegal to have on while underway. This is the same for all colors. If u are floating engines off then ur fine. This is the word of lake Havasu PD straight to me and boat cop has chimed in on this as well on other threads

Tomale

Rest Easy Big Sexy, You'll be missed :(
Reaction score
Are they pretty expensive?. I would like to have a pair

McRib

Reaction score
I have a set of ocean led's on my boat as river pirate stated. I have the smaller amphibian a3's. They r pretty bad ass I love them

How Bright are they?

IMO there pretty bright. They light up the water behind my boat about 10 ft. The fish love them. Mine are blue and light up my roost and wake pretty good. I'll post up some pics floating and underway later tonight.

Tomale: I think I paid 159 for each. They r pricey for sure. They get even more the bigger u go. They have some that flush mount and go through the hull. Those start at like 1700.

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
:thumbsup Would love to see them thinking of doing it this winter.

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

They are illegal to have on while underway. This is the same for all colors. If u are floating engines off then ur fine. This is the word of lake Havasu PD straight to me and boat cop has chimed in on this as well on other threads

Was this because they were blue?

McRib

Reaction score
Was this because they were blue?

No because they r not auth illumination on a boat according to fed law and the proper illumination of a vessal at night. There is a code I don't remember what I was. Maybe boat cop will chime in.

I for one am all about being more visible at night under way.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
pretty cool! i wonder how good ol LED trailer ligts would work? jus the white back up lights?

supa dave

journyman party starter
Reaction score
thought they are badass. i wouldent run them in parker.....got stopped for running an extra light off my bow, and we wont even talk about the o.u.i. i got because of it..........no more beer with dinner for me at the river:grumble:

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
I think the rules are that you can't be running with blue or red. There's a vendor from oso that sells them for a buck and change. They look good!

SodarSki73

Reaction score
I have some Abysslite's S600's on my boat. They give a nice glow and shine about 20' off the back of the boat... pretty good for their compact size.

This is a pic in the Keys.

image9.jpg

I hear that Bullets are the way to go if you want to light up a lot of water behind the boat.

sirbob

Reaction score
We love em on our boat!

Attachments

• 148_edited (800 x 476).jpg
    148_edited (800 x 476).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 133