• Welcome to River Dave's Place

Underwoods Farm

Discussion in 'BBQ / River Recipe's' started by TPC, Nov 6, 2019.

1. TPC

TPC Wrenching Dad

We still have a couple working farms out here near Simi.
    They have gone family attraction. Underwood’s has both a farm with store and a children’s farm.
    Agritainment?
    [​IMG]
    Underwoods website

Cut down your own Christmas tree, wander out to the fields and pick a pumpkin and fresh Underwood’s Corn.

Underwood’s corn is off the chain excellent. Just talks to ya sitting there on the farm wagon. No need for butter or salt just naturally sweet and tasty.
    You can blanch it and it stores away in the freezer nicely.
    I remember when I was a kid lots of moms named Blanch,,,, and Trixie. Dunno if you can Trixie corn.

Underwoods farm fresh-picked store is my favorite. Especially so with the wife. The produce is still on the field cart hooked to the tractor. They pull it right into the store.

Hand picked tomatoes, though ugly, they hold a flavor blast.
    I remember my mother cussing out the “University of Davis” tasteless red tomatoes. It’s what got me started on Handpicked Best Boys or Better Boy tomatoes.

Marinated tomatoes are amazing if you use the right tomato:
    [​IMG]
    Google Images

Riverfamlee, fang and LazyLavey like this.
  2. LazyLavey

LazyLavey Well-Known Member

Nice!

Was taking my girls there like 30 years ago, now taking the grandkids there!! never gets old

FYI Apricot Farms in Moorpark is also a great tour, although not so hands on picking your own and without the kid events

3. RitcheyRch

RitcheyRch Currently Boat-Less

We went there earlier this year with my Grandson and had a nice time. He enjoyed picking his own strawberries.