WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Uneasy feeling

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
0AE935BB-AB7D-4CFD-8E71-7597518847ED.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
How could anything from that tragic story resulted in comments prompting the deletion of a thread ?

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
How could anything from that tragic story resulted in comments prompting the deletion of a thread ?
Maybe because the person that it happened to didn't want anything about the incident on social media. There weren't any injuries to anyone other than some hurt pride.

Taboma

Reaction score
Maybe because the person that it happened to didn't want anything about the incident on social media. There weren't any injuries to anyone other than some hurt pride.

OH wait --- I thought this was about the Coulson Aviation crash in Australia fighting brushfires ---- It's not is it ? :confused:

I do recall some quick blurp in another thread about somebody maybe getting wet on Havasu, thought somebody was just goofing around :(
Sorry to learn that just might have been a real incident and of course I understand not wanting that published online. :rolleyes:
Glad there were no injuries !!!!
Thanks for explaining that sir :)

vin

Reaction score

So what you are saying is when things aren’t going good people don’t want it posted on social media......but when things are going good they are the first to post “hey look at me, look what i got!!!”

Got to love it

Taboma

Reaction score
So what you are saying is when things aren’t going good people don’t want it posted on social media......but when things are going good they are the first to post “hey look at me, look what i got!!!”

Got to love it

A shit ton of members have more $$ and nicer toys than I do, I'm thankful they post them and share their adventures.
I also can appreciate and respect it when they choose not to publish their misfortune or family tragedies .

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
A shit ton of members have more $$ and nicer toys than I do, I'm thankful they post them and share their adventures.
I also can appreciate and respect it when they choose not to publish their misfortune or family tragedies .

I'm still a bit surprised about how much people reveal about their lives, families, health, finances, etc. I know this is the social media era but over-sharing has risks including losing one's privacy voluntarily

vin

Reaction score

Herein lies the problem, you can’t make that decision when you post about your adventures, toys or basically how great your life is.

Lots of eyes out there with lots of information available instantly.

I’m not just pointing out this certain members incident i’m speaking of people on social media in general.

Last edited:

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score

Got to love it
That's pretty much the jist of it.

Bad gas travels fast in a small town. :D

Singleton

Reaction score

Got to love it

big difference between someone posted about what they purchased, what they did vs. others posting about it.
If pilot wants to share, he most likely will. If pilot does not want it shared then IMO he has that right to ask the thread be hidden.

social media has made privacy go away. I am old school and still believe owner has the right to what gets posted and if they did not post then they have right to ask it be taken down

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Whoever and whatever happened, only thing I caught was "no injuries"...
That's what matters. Shit goes bad on boats, in cars and, it would appear, with planes.

Things can be fixed or replaced...they're just "things". I would think they're sore as hell today, but hopefully thankful.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This explains the police boats I saw running around the lake while having dinner on the patio at El Paraiso last night.

HCP3

Reaction score

Got to love it

You nailed it.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Speaking of deleted thread's, what happened to the LA Boat show contest thread?

MeCasa16

Reaction score
It’s unlikely the person wants it deleted because of what any of us think. It’s most likely it is because if the FAA comes in with their fine tooth comb, you never know what could fall under;
“Anything you say can and will be used against you”.

Social media is one of the easiest ways to investigate.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Frank moved over to Chino quite a while ago. He got tired of the floods.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Just was hoping it wasn't a fellow inmate who post a ton of badass boating content and other cool stuff. The boating family looks out for each other, last thing you want hear is someone got hurt. Sounds like everyone is ok, which is good.

Gotcha. Since I didn’t see it, I just assumed it was BB since it was deleted. Didn’t realize it wasn’t disclosed.