WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Unloading off a ski at 127+ mph..............

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
this is my pal Tim Guckes, I've been skiing with this guy for over 50 years :eek: he came out to the ranch Sunday with a plastic tub of photo's, magazine ads, newspaper clippings etc., I'll be posting ALL of these AND more soon. This was from an article in Powerboat magazine 1976. Tim is a 2 time winner of the Catalina race, set the record of 1:04:08 in 1974 , also won it in 1969.

Attachments

• Tim at 127 mph.jpg
    Tim at 127 mph.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 718

sergeantmike

Reaction score
He must have been being pulled by a....................... Jet Boat!:D:D

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Walt has continued the morning Bloody Marys into the afternoon?:party2:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can't hardly believe that old school life jacket would stay on him at that speed..

RD

DragDad

Reaction score
Holy shit.. and I was complaining about barefooting falls? It looks like he kissed his own ass... yikes.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Holy shit.. and I was complaining about barefooting falls? It looks like he kissed his own ass... yikes.

If I read the article right, this guy "saved" it :eek:

Attachments

• barefootin 1.jpg
    barefootin 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 451

randyjet

Reaction score
I was stupid enough to tie a rope onto a blown Alkie Hydro out at Elsinore several years ago had enough beer to think this was cool. We were over at the Churches ramp and made a pass at around 80 or so and I had a get off not too bad hurt a little so I gave Alex some grief about the slowness of his boat and made my next pass at about 60 I heard that boat scream and the next thing I knew I was just flying hitting the water every 50 or 60 feet realizing I was going too fast to let go I held on till the ski stuffed in and then the thrill ride stated. I don't remember much got knocked out but woke up and my jacket opened two nice wounds under my arms my legs looked like brown bananas and my entire body swelled up to look like a grape. I crawled into my friends bedroom ate serious painkillers and stayed there for many days. That was my lesson about boats and the differences between ski boats and no ski boats.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
this is my pal Tim Guckes, I've been skiing with this guy for over 50 years :eek: he came out to the ranch Sunday with a plastic tub of photo's, magazine ads, newspaper clippings etc., I'll be posting ALL of these AND more soon. This was from an article in Powerboat magazine 1976. Tim is a 2 time winner of the Catalina race, set the record of 1:04:08 in 1974 , also won it in 1969.

When is Tim coming back to Parker? Tom Johnson was sorry he missed him and would like to see him.