WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Upcoming LHC Pyro Event

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We’ve enjoyed watching for years, from our backyard, this multi day event only get better every year. But now there are computer synchronized electronic light drones. Check them out, YouTube etc. They are impressive. Curious if these will be integrated into our Havasu display? They may be in direct competition with pyro displays. Both are good. Together they could be amazing.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We've gone the past few years. Pack snacks and beanbags in the truck, whole family. Always cool. I don't know if these people would be the drone types though. As you said, they may be in direct competition. The technical and precision aspect of the drones are incredible...but the boom of the mortars and flash of the explosions are what take me back to being a kid with my parents at displays.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We've gone the past few years. Pack snacks and beanbags in the truck, whole family. Always cool. I don't know if these people would be the drone types though. As you said, they may be in direct competition. The technical and precision aspect of the drones are incredible...but the boom of the mortars and flash of the explosions are what take me back to being a kid with my parents at displays.

The Boom and Flash of the pyros in synchronization with computerized drone formations, some drone formations moving, could be Over the Top amazing. Agreed. These may be 2, totally very different, Camps. I can only imagine their ‘After Glow’ meet ups at the bar in the LHC Quality Inn. Could get interesting. FWIW - IMO, it’s always beaten the hell out of Balloon Fest and Winter Fest. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They open up the parking for what I think is a dirt bike track, just north of the speedway. That's where we've been. If they charge there, it must not be much, or else I'd remember🤣

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Looking forward to the weekend. We have missed it several years and planned to be in town this year. Any suggestions on the locations to watch??? Not excited to be int he mix of the big crowd at the park. Post up thoughts on locations to view outside the park. I know that someone I had talked to in person had a good suggestion but my CRS is acting up these days….

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Looking forward to the weekend. We have missed it several years and planned to be in town this year. Any suggestions on the locations to watch??? Not excited to be int he mix of the big crowd at the park. Post up thoughts on locations to view outside the park. I know that someone I had talked to in person had a good suggestion but my CRS is acting up these days….
We are going to take the sxs and go across from Sara Park on the hill .

satellitemike

Reaction score
Bundle up and take the boat, amazing from the water!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We are going to take the sxs and go across from Sara Park on the hill .
That might have been it. Care if we join in with you & your group?

Bundle up and take the boat, amazing from the water!
I would be all over that but I know the wife hates being on the water after dark. So that is a hard no at this point.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
That might have been it. Care if we join in with you & your group?

I would be all over that but I know the wife hates being on the water after dark. So that is a hard no at this point.
Of course you can , you are always welcome .

DLC

Reaction score
Bring some fire wood or a propane heater …

maybe a grill and some hot dogs … Great Time.