WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Updated YouTube of Fountain (?) wipe out

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Every time I see that video, I always wonder HOW THE FUCK does someone that stupid manage to afford a boat like that...I mean it's just some shitty Fountain, but still, at the time it was probably 60k.

I mean, seriously, who lets people just stand up while they are underway? Is there some boating class for morons that skips the whole "common sense and safety of your passengers means you should always make sure they are all seated before getting underway"?.... :eek:

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Every time I see that video, I always wonder HOW THE FUCK does someone that stupid manage to afford a boat like that...I mean it's just some shitty Fountain, but still, at the time it was probably 60k.

I mean, seriously, who lets people just stand up while they are underway? Is there some boating class for morons that skips the whole "common sense and safety of your passengers means you should always make sure they are all seated before getting underway"?.... :eek:

Offshore boats like that Fountain and his current Cigarette are designed for people to stand up when underway. The fronts are bolsters and the rear, even though it's a bench seat, has handles all over for passengers to hang onto. The chick in the middle of the front seats is in no man's land, nothing really to hold on to there, bad place. If you sit down while hauling ass in the open ocean your going to get the shit beat out of you.

Where this guy fucks up is when he pusses out and closes the throttles, a no no on the stepped bottom Fountains, and around she goes. He should have trimmed down and not opened the throttles fully every time the boat reenters the water thus slowing the boat enough to maintain control, drive thru it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What blows my mind is it’s a 38ft boat!!! That’s pretty big and for it to get tossed around @90 or so is a big deal.

Reactions: DWC

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The electronica/dance version is as funny as the Aussie narration - good fun in a bad situation

gqchris

Reaction score
He was way too aggressive on the throttle chops. He must have watched a Tomlnison video and was trying to recreate it! Avatar Skater has some great videos of throttle work. Heres a good one!

707dog

Reaction score
lmao the internet wins again... that guy will forever be remembered for 1 thing

Halvecto

Reaction score
Anyone notice at the end, the girl on the right hammers the throttle sticks full go as she bounced back from the gunnel window. Good thing the engines died or the drives broke. That would have been a double whammy disaster had those throttles been still working. I'm sure a boat driver/owner of that caliber was wearing his kill switch lanyard. o_O

Pesky Varmint

Reaction score
Offshore boats like that Fountain and his current Cigarette are designed for people to stand up when underway. The fronts are bolsters and the rear, even though it's a bench seat, has handles all over for passengers to hang onto. The chick in the middle of the front seats is in no man's land, nothing really to hold on to there, bad place. If you sit down while hauling ass in the open ocean your going to get the shit beat out of you.

Where this guy fucks up is when he pusses out and closes the throttles, a no no on the stepped bottom Fountains, and around she goes. He should have trimmed down and not opened the throttles fully every time the boat reenters the water thus slowing the boat enough to maintain control, drive thru it.

Thanks for clarifying the standing up issue. Very common mostly in older V-hulls and the most comfortable way in rough water.

The biggest mistake of all was not wearing personal flotation devices, and too damn many people for that kind of playing. Not sure but it looks like he at least had a functioning lanyard switch.

Tank

Reaction score
First that ausie dude is FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!! I was rollin' watching that!!

Like Ragged Edge pointed out, you do NOT want to sit down in an offshore boat in rough water. The freeboard is high the big vees are made to stand up in. I've heard it compared to multiple times like riding a dirt bike. Way more comfortable than sitting down. And a violent crash like that, wouldn't have mattered if they were seated, they would've had their ass handed to them either way.

What blows my mind is it’s a 38ft boat!!! That’s pretty big and for it to get tossed around @90 or so is a big deal.

to me it looks like he was running that thing trimmed out and haulin' ass. From just being at LOTO a couple weeks ago (where this crash happened), you get these HUGE rollers, I mean HUGE from 60' yachts plowing through the water. I noticed everyone has this way they approach them - they slow and turn the boat directly into them hitting them from the rear (that's what she said ;):D ). I'm run our cigs in big water and over huge wakes and swells more times than I can remember and I'll take them at an angle no problem with out slowing usually. You air it out, carry on. Problem with loto is you have wakes that go out, hit the steep shore an then bounce back so there is an endless slop. Last thing you want is to his the wake while also hitting a side slop. And to me, this is exactly what it looks like happened he A) didn't slow down enough and B) hit it instead of straight on from the rear, at more of an angle as he approached it causing the starboard side of the boat to drop dramatically. Couple the starboard dropping with the boat trimmed up, now the boat is coming down on its aft starboard side and at 70-90 MPH it's going to hit hard and pop forward at a slight roll. Then the front deep vee catches and pitches the boat violently. They're damn lucky the boat didn't roll completely over and eject everyone.

He upgraded from the Fountain to a Cigarette...

He did. He went from a 250k 38 Fountain to a 700k 42X Cigarette. Things a bad mo-fo. he was at the Cigarette run a couple weeks ago running it. Nice enough guy.
I try not to criticize the dude too much. I mean, shit happens. he was running the thing too hard. Hopefully he learned from it and is a better boater for it.

Here he is in LOTO a couple weeks ago.

133FC376-8074-4A37-B714-8834513E1C73.jpeg.jpg

He was way too aggressive on the throttle chops. He must have watched a Tomlnison video and was trying to recreate it! Avatar Skater has some great videos of throttle work. Heres a good one!

Funny (or ironic) you posted that video. That's Ives Belinger. He runs his shit HARD! Too hard. He killed a guy running in huge water in a 41' Apache, stuffing the boat which broke the passengers back and smacking his head back in the late 80's / early 90s. Then a couple years ago he nearly rolled, or flipped, his 32 Doug Wright with outboards pitching it at an awkward angle breaking the tie bar it came down so hard on the tail.

This is him running his apache (the one that the guy died in and you can see why) in HUGE water off of Miami. Maybe one of the coolest old school offshore boat videos ever.

starts getting real good at the 5 minute ish mark. Then again when they're ringing those big blower motors out inside Biscayne Bay at the end. WOOD!

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

That seems to be a not-west-Coast thing. Everyone stands while they drive. It makes me uncomfortable when someone is standing behind my seat.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

IF's AND BUT'S :rolleyes:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Like Ragged Edge pointed out, you do NOT want to sit down in an offshore boat in rough water. The freeboard is high the big vees are made to stand up in. I've heard it compared to multiple times like riding a dirt bike. Way more comfortable than sitting down. And a violent crash like that, wouldn't have mattered if they were seated, they would've had their ass handed to them either way.

to me it looks like he was running that thing trimmed out and haulin' ass. From just being at LOTO a couple weeks ago (where this crash happened), you get these HUGE rollers, I mean HUGE from 60' yachts plowing through the water. I noticed everyone has this way they approach them - they slow and turn the boat directly into them hitting them from the rear (that's what she said ;):D ). I'm run our cigs in big water and over huge wakes and swells more times than I can remember and I'll take them at an angle no problem with out slowing usually. You air it out, carry on. Problem with loto is you have wakes that go out, hit the steep shore an then bounce back so there is an endless slop. Last thing you want is to his the wake while also hitting a side slop. And to me, this is exactly what it looks like happened he A) didn't slow down enough and B) hit it instead of straight on from the rear, at more of an angle as he approached it causing the starboard side of the boat to drop dramatically. Couple the starboard dropping with the boat trimmed up, now the boat is coming down on its aft starboard side and at 70-90 MPH it's going to hit hard and pop forward at a slight roll. Then the front deep vee catches and pitches the boat violently. They're damn lucky the boat didn't roll completely over and eject everyone.

He did. He went from a 250k 38 Fountain to a 700k 42X Cigarette. Things a bad mo-fo. he was at the Cigarette run a couple weeks ago running it. Nice enough guy.
I try not to criticize the dude too much. I mean, shit happens. he was running the thing too hard. Hopefully he learned from it and is a better boater for it.

View attachment 897552

Funny (or ironic) you posted that video. That's Ives Belinger. He runs his shit HARD! Too hard. He killed a guy running in huge water in a 41' Apache, stuffing the boat which broke the passengers back and smacking his head back in the late 80's / early 90s. Then a couple years ago he nearly rolled, or flipped, his 32 Doug Wright with outboards pitching it at an awkward angle breaking the tie bar it came down so hard on the tail.

This is him running his apache (the one that the guy died in and you can see why) in HUGE water off of Miami. Maybe one of the coolest old school offshore boat videos ever.

starts getting real good at the 5 minute ish mark. Then again when they're ringing those big blower motors out inside Biscayne Bay at the end. WOOD!

Oh Man was he pushing the edge on some of those breakers.... Let's not forget the Donzi YouTube vid.... I'll post it for the Fellas.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Avoid throttle man is worth his weight in drives. I could watch boats flying all day.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Dude driving looks like Cheech Marin😁😁

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This one I have a lot of trouble watching.... I'll be first to admit I've done several very much mini versions of this just off Newport Coast when we have large swells like recently. There's some pics of this guys shredded fiberglass hull back at the shop somewhere online. Vids like this one and the idiot in the Fountain turn my stomach. But like The Tankster said.... hopefully they become better boaters by these errors in judgement.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

View attachment 897552

Tank which 42X is his? Do you have a pic? What power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Reaction score
Tank which 42X is his? Do you have a pic? What power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got a good photo of it. It's pretty tame paint. Mostly Black with some grey on the side and "cigarette" ghosted on the side. It has 1100 mercs I'm pretty sure.

Here's the only pic I can find with the circle around it taken from the air and Dicks.

C58CF028-E3ED-48F1-9538-940400B2249B.jpeg.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score

View attachment 897552

Seen that video several times and I just don't get tired of it. Gotta love the sound of a screaming big block/blocks, it gets my blood boiling and makes the hair on my arms stand up.