WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Updating My 2006 Bennington Tritoon Extended the Rear End 18"

Riverdad

Reaction score
I noticed all of the new tritoons have an 18" extension on the back of the boat where they mount the motor. The idea is to extend it backwards to help the boat rise in the front when you accelerate.

I went to Skip's Prop Shop and had them add a 18" extension to the back of my tritoon. They did a great job and I couldn't wait for the test drive.

The boat absolutely plaines quicker but the performance results were mixed. I ended up having to move the motor up and then had to go through several prop tests to find the right one.

My boat was 25' 6" and is now 27'. I have 225 Honda. It plaines quickly with my 4 blade 17P prop. I tried a 19P but it was 2 MPH slower. I am looking for a 18P 4 blade but until I find one, the 17P is the best bet.

If anyone else tries this, let me know. I want to learn from what you learned.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
Post some pics. Ive seen a prop that’s used for industrial mixing repaired though them. The mixer came out of its mount and the prop hit a concrete wall. The damage done didn’t look like it could be repaired and they’re 10k new. Skips Prop did the repair and you can hardly see the tool marks in their repair process. I’d like to see some more of their work. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warlock250

Reaction score
I noticed all of the new tritoons have an 18" extension on the back of the boat where they mount the motor. The idea is to extend it backwards to help the boat rise in the front when you accelerate.

I went to Skip's Prop Shop and had them add a 18" extension to the back of my tritoon. They did a great job and I couldn't wait for the test drive.

The boat absolutely plaines quicker but the performance results were mixed. I ended up having to move the motor up and then had to go through several prop tests to find the right one.

My boat was 25' 6" and is now 27'. I have 225 Honda. It plaines quickly with my 4 blade 17P prop. I tried a 19P but it was 2 MPH slower. I am looking for a 18P 4 blade but until I find one, the 17P is the best bet.

If anyone else tries this, let me know. I want to learn from what you learned.
I have found that we can gain some mph really fast and reasonable by just installing a electric Jack plate to raise the motor. Works great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I have found that we can gain some mph really fast and reasonable by just installing a electric Jack plate to raise the motor. Works great.

have you changed the water intake grate on any of the Hondas?

warlock250

Reaction score
have you changed the water intake grate on any of the Hondas?
The only time I have ever touched a Honda intake grate is to remove it to run on the hose. If you don't remove it and try to run it on the hose it will melt the water pump impeller.