WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Upgraded.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Well after dropping a pile of money on my XP1k, and sharing all that suspension info here which I am happy to see has been of use to some of you guys who followed my thoughts, I succumbed to the pressure last summer when I became the last guy in our crew running a NA car...the final straw waas when my eldest son bought a Turbo S 4 seater.

Turbo S 1.jpg

Looked at the Can Ams and before sitting in one with the wife that was the way I was going to go. Seating position does not work for me, and since she is short she did not like the view from her side either. So that wasn't happening.
We walked into the PoPo dealership and through out a number on a lark on a trade for our XP1K. Talking directly to the owner.
He had seen it at the mountain. I told him I was keeping the seats, doors and a few other things, even my Odyssey 1200 battery.
He said "OK", which shocked me. He then gave me an OTD price on this car..it didn't sound right. So I got it in writing.
Went home, researched the numbers and it looked pretty damn good. Like way less than the average OTD deal. In fact, better than Abernathy's back in Tennessee. So I counted the pennies in my big whiskey bottle, and called him.
"I guess we will take it be down tomorrow with the 14 for you and take it home"
"Really? well...shit... OK"
???

Went down to do the deal, and then asked about getting him to throw in some goodies.
"Man, I can't. After you left my sales manager saw the buy sheet and I screwed up. I gave you the price on the Velocity...and the rebates on it. But, I gave you a signed sheet...so if you don't want it I am good with that."
"Yeah...no, unload mine and we will load it up, here is the check."

Swapped my PRP seats in, and my other stuff, shop delivered the cage the day before the .gov shut it down. It is custom built for me, at 6-3 I can't do a chopped cage.
I can say this about the Turbo S, it is, in my opinion, the best outta the box rig PoPo has ever released. I am going to replace the springs if Ed ever calls me back, but no other suspension work.
Dynamix, with the Fox Live Valve is the real deal, not just a marketing hype.
Naturally I wish it had more power but that is easy enough to do, and will come later.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Nice pick up!! Interested in your further review after you get to use it more. I have had the thought of picking up a Velocity model, when they finally ditch this platform and come out with a 72" ProXP.

My 1000 4 seater is still running strong though.

Last edited:

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
We put about 300 miles on it last fall. I had a chance to sit in and eyeball a Pro model before buying this. Other than the seating position regarding leg room, I didn't find a lot of things I was thrilled with and a couple I didn't like....just annoying things, but none the less, they bugged me.

The first thing that bugged me was When getting in and out the outboard seat belt, at least on the drivers side, falls down in a, "Hole" that requires a bit of fiddling to get out. The Pro has a few gaps in the cabin walls that allow dirt etc in, a couple are in behind the seat, which seems a bit crazy to me.
A friend who bought one is already fabbing up a cover deals...but for the $ they want for this machine...

The Turbo S seems to be the old gen at max in every way the factory could do it. The power steering has been tweaked and is noticeably more responsive, something I enjoy a ton. The car handles and feels a lot smaller than it is. They did tweak the seating position, and the steering wheel position enough to where my knee fits a bit better and the wheel falls in a better place to me.
The dynamix, as I said, flat freaking works. It is not a gimmick. Other than the chinese springs the bean counters put on the car, which sag at about 1200 miles, the car works. Brakes work, it all works. It is real.
I got rid of the stock cage right away as this machine just begs you to drive it, I won't be an ass in it but if I were younger. well...as it is it makes an old man grin like crazy when driving it. The stock cage is typical Polaris crap IMHO. As for the Velocity, I am sure it has a place especially for those who want to do their own thing with the suspension....but I wouldn't hesitate to jump for the dynamix again. My back is a mess, and this set up allows me to drive a bit longer pain free, which is a big deal to me.

When the 72 Pro hits it will be cool, and as PoPo moves forward a year or two with the design it will improve as well. but I don't see me stepping up for many years.
I will get this one outfitted the way I want then bump it up with an AA stage 4 kit and be done with it. I have a 3 year warranty on it so won't go into the engine yet.
As it is the clutching is well thought out and the power comes on very linear, it is nothing like the Can Ams I've driven. Not better, but different and more controllable in my opinion. they geared it for the desert and mountains, which is where I ride. I drove a S just like mine with the AA goodies on it and was happy with it, it was making right at 200 HP.

I have a plot for a semi partial wrap that will take away some of the plastic look and give it more of an old school hot rod look. That will be the last thing we do to it, that and a sound system of some sort.

My 14 was pretty well sorted, and I know you followed suit with your 4 seater. I would suggest you decline any opportunity that may arise to wring one of these out until you are ready to jump, because when you do you will want it. I don't even want to think what a 4 seat Turbo S PRo is gonna sticker at. My son loves his 4 seater as much as I do mine, and the 4 seater, they say, is even a better and more stable ride than mine is. I like the 2 seat deal, I don't want to haul more than me and the wife, and a few select guests, one at a time.
My back ain't getting any better and I ain't getting any younger. By the time they come out with something that will tempt me again my back will probably dictate I stay around the campfire, or at home. With that in my mind I jumped, and am glad I did. With the world going as it is and time doing what I love hard to come by, this lets me make the most of it.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I need to stay off the damn rzr sites.
I ordered the Eibach Stage 3 spring package for this thing today. Was gonna hold off but I guess she will be good to go when we can go again.
Bought them from Craig at proutvparts.com.
2 week backorder.
Eibach has a total of 4 people working right now.
I will post up when I start putting them on. Craig told me the difference between the stage 3 and stage 2 was in the weight rating of the rear springs. I haul a lot of crap, and when I explained that, and the heavier cage, etc, along with what I was looking for and what my back issues were he didn't hesitate to suggest the stage 3.
He is a good guy.
So stand by for more suspension fiddling...