WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Upgrading to a bigger coach

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
We got into the RV scene about 1 1/2 yrs ago with a great buy on a one owner 16 Coachmen Freelander 21 ft.
pit served our purposes and now we have the desire to make longer trips. So, we went to the Quartsite show and all we saw were tag axle ridge - way too big for us. on the way out past the 5th wheels, I noticed some class A‘s behind them. What a mistake! Lol.
long story short we made a good deal on a 22 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 33C with the newer 7.3 gasser.
Waiting till the second to take delivery. We’re anxious. Thoughts on this rig or similar?

Attachments

• B6A8C3C0-21AA-4DF7-A98E-1D8C837EA865.jpeg
    B6A8C3C0-21AA-4DF7-A98E-1D8C837EA865.jpeg
    789.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 8D68E081-C6A4-4A24-B9FE-B2C9CD611FBE.jpeg
    8D68E081-C6A4-4A24-B9FE-B2C9CD611FBE.jpeg
    692.9 KB · Views: 171

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Congrats. We love our 31 footer for our family. Perfect size for our road-trips as well as week long parking trips.

yz450mm

Reaction score
HR makes nice units, congrats. That's a really big rear overhang, be careful going into steep driveways and gas stations.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
We’re shopping for either a gasser Class A, or a diesel Super C…I’m it at all interested

Really curious to hear how the 7.3 does, please post-up your experiences and mileage when you start taking trips 👍

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Nice rig. Just be prepared, even though its new the common theme these days on all of the RV groups that I belong to is that quality has gone to shit since the factories are so swamped with the Covid RV surge. New or used its always something that needs fixing. I have friends that have spent $600k on a new tag Cornerstone and its been towed more miles then its driven.

fmo24

Reaction score
When taking delivery run every appliance. Look under all the sinks while water is running looking for leaks. I had several connections that were not tight so water only leaked while it was running.
Fix what you can rather than rely on service dept at dealer you bought it from.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Best thing to do is hire a certified RV inspector, it will run you about $700, it will take 3-4 hours for them to go through everything and write it up. Just because it is new doesnt mean anything these days sadly. Dont leave the lot with the RV until the documented issues are accepted by the dealer and either repairs are made or you have it in writing that they will be.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I have Heard of the poor quality issues and plan to do the thorough check out. Thanks everyone.

X Hoser

Reaction score
I have Heard of the poor quality issues and plan to do the thorough check out. Thanks everyone.
Nice RV. I like that floor plan. If possible, have them fix what you find BEFORE taking delivery. Don’t fall for the, “there’s going to be other things and you can bring it back in 3 months and we’’ll take care of it then”. When you take it back in, be prepared to leave it there 3 PLUS MONTHS! Ask me how I know! Tech's out sick, waiting on factory approvals, parts back ordered, blah, blah, blah. I had one service person tell me it would probably be better if I just fixed it myself! I was also told by the service writer that they were having a hard time getting to mine because “New Sales” repairs had priority over after sale warranty work.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Best thing to do is hire a certified RV inspector, it will run you about $700, it will take 3-4 hours for them to go through everything and write it up. Just because it is new doesnt mean anything these days sadly. Dont leave the lot with the RV until the documented issues are accepted by the dealer and either repairs are made or you have it in writing that they will be.
Absolutely! This is good advice, my father in law just ordered a new Alliance Paradigm similar to mine and is having this done when it gets to the dealer. I wish i would have, we are in the process of having the black tank replaced which is not fun. Alliance customer service has been great but still a PITA

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Nice rig. A friend of ours has a Class C Jayco Seneca with the long drivers side slide out. Man it's big inside...much like yours. You're gonna like that!