WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ups and Down Poster

howard21

Reaction score
Anyone know the history of the poster? Couple of years ago I bought a couple of reproductions from a guy on Hot Boat. Curious on time photo was taken, who may have owned boat etc etc. I did hear it was taken at Parker.

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Anyone know the history of the poster? Couple of years ago I bought a couple of reproductions from a guy on Hot Boat. Curious on time photo was taken, who may have owned boat etc etc. I did hear it was taken at Parker.

I think the reg sticker on the boat says 75.

There is a story but I forgot. Something about the driver being a fireman, and the girl wanting a ride but the deal was she had to go topless?

I'm sure someone else on here knows the real story.

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
I think it's spotondl's avatar right now. Too small to really appreciate though.;)

krazykelegian

Reaction score
oooo ok ya.. actually now i think i have seen it somewhere on this site.. cant remember were though

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Something about the driver being a fireman, and the girl wanting a ride but the deal was she had to go topless?

Funny thing is growing up on the Strip, this doesnt seem to be to unbelievable ;)

id love to see this poster

Here is the one I have hanging at my house, I had to put "pasties" on her though to keep it PG....LOL

Last edited:

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Funny thing is growing up on the Strip, this doesnt seem to be to unbelievable ;)

Here is the one I have hanging at my house, I had to put "pasties" on her though to keep it PG....LOL

Here is the poster ;)

Blue Checkers

Reaction score
I have that same poster and love it! I heard that it actually used to be an old ad for a magazine at the time. I will try to get some more info on it from the guy who told me.

jody165

Reaction score
Guys name was Mike Wicen. Was a fireman out of Manhattan Beach area. Had a shop in that general area too for awhile. Sold this boat and bought a drag boat, named it Manhattan Transfer, it was mostly silver. Cool guy. Been a long time but the story was pretty simple as I remember, someone had the idea and this girl was willing to do it. No boob jobs back then either so she stood out on the beach.... someone probably knows more about it. Pretty believable if you went to the river back then (mid 70's) as we did. I think it was taken where we all hung out, Bluewater.

There's another thread on it with more info if you search.