WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UPS AND DOWNS poster

SCHIADA 21 RC

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I am looking for and old poster titled “UPS AND DOWNS”

This is the poster with the topless gal in a flat bottom with one going up and the other going down for those that don’t remember.

I am sure this has been asked before but not for a while. I would really like to get a copy of the poster that was the rage back in the day. I had one on the wall of my garage for years. If anyone has any info on where I can get one please let me know. Many thanks—S21RC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Denny Scales aka @Skyskier printed a few of them back in the day. I still have one in my garage. It’s starting to fade though I wish I could get a new one

RaceTec

Reaction score
I agree!! We need a new version also! Come on Dave I am sure you could convince Tom to take the picture!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I would proudly display that picture in the river garage.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I agree!! We need a new version also! Come on Dave I am sure you could convince Tom to take the picture!

I think it would be harder to find the chick that wants to be the new model poster for the river..

We could probably work it out though!

I know the guy that took the original picture. His name is Corky and it’s my buddies dad.. lol

be kinda cool if Tom could set it up so that Corky coul take ups and downs II.

cofooter

Reaction score
I'd rather have the OG poster, maybe RDP can take a splash off someones poster and sell in the online store. I've been searching for one as well for a long time.

sirbob

Reaction score

cofooter

Reaction score
I contacted him a long time ago, he is no longer in the business is what he told me then.

old rigger

Reaction score
About 20 years ago the Lloyd brothers printed up a batch of the poster. I have their last one here at the river and an original I got in the 70s still in my garage, but I would think they’d be the guys to run some more.
I’ll reach out to them and see if they can do it.

back in the day whoever it was selling the original, can’t remember his name because it was 40+ years ago!, went to all the boat shops to sell. It was genius because most of us were river guys. The sticker on the Howard is 1975, a little bit blurry on the re-pops but crystal clear on the original. Maybe skiskier’s is clear too, I’ve haven’t seen his.

sintax

Reaction score
I grabbed a spare one, new in the tube, from @motormonkey last year when i was on the hunt for one. (he only had one, so dont bug the poor guy)

IF someone is willing to take on the project, and they have access to a big enough scanner (its like 35"x20" if my memory is right), they can scan it and have some printed up. I'm going to frame it some time this summer, so the scanning will be off the table then.

BUT I ended up with two during my search, that is in not so great condition, it has a crease, and pin holes in the corners. I was thinking about doing a river story contest, or picture contest or something and give it away. It would still be killer as garage art, its jut not 100%. Just need to figure all of that out some day

Cdog

Reaction score
My dad has one inlayed on a slab of wood with burnt edges as a frame. It's been in his garage for as long as I remember. Someday it will be mine.

Reaction score
I posted susan sommer maherajah water skis ad yesterday, it was up for like 20 minutes. nobody saw it...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Bob Maher has the Susan Sommer Maherajah Right On Girl water ski poster on his website.
maherajah.com Click Posters, Decals & Clothing. ;)
Isn't Maherajah on Clearlake near the old Konocti Harbor Resort? I think it is.

Sent From Tapatalk

Dana757

Reaction score
neener neener lol
DBE70BC8-B080-4BF3-BEA6-17DBB5B85A77.jpeg

SCHIADA 21 RC

Reaction score
Well folks there is a lot of interest in the poster.

Who has one they would be willing to have scanned?

Where can they be printed?

I have cash in hand and will take 5 if they get done.

RD any suggestions?

old rigger

Reaction score
I’m working on it, well not right now here at the river, but next week I’m going to see if my friend still has his scans from when he made copies 20 years ago.

bonesfab

Reaction score
My dad is a printer. I am checking with him on how big of scanner they have available. I would like a couple also.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I’m working on it, well not right now here at the river, but next week I’m going to see if my friend still has his scans from when he made copies 20 years ago.

Please Post a notice if/when doing this. Id like a a couple. Thanks.

Tank

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the people were in he boat or if the boats still around or any details. I suppose RD's buddies dad would know maybe?

Mototrig

Reaction score
Does anyone know who the people were in he boat or if the boats still around or any details. I suppose RD's buddies dad would know maybe?
That would be rad to include the original boat.

old rigger

Reaction score
Please Post a notice if/when doing this. Id like a a couple. Thanks.

just spoke with my friend who did the reprint back around 2000, he said he has no desire to do it again. In fact he said the whole thing was a giant pain in the ass. lol

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
just spoke with my friend who did the reprint back around 2000, he said he has no desire to do it again. In fact he said the whole thing was a giant pain in the ass. lol

Thanks!!, I met a Man several years ago at the NHRA races up in Vegas. He was selling repproductions of old nostalgic posters etc. and they were Great Quality. I think that is what would need,someone who is in the business and WANTS to do it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The problem is everyone says they want it.. then you print them and 1/2 flake.. and you have to sell and ship individually.

rsvrdogs

Reaction score
I would like another. Lost mine in a house fire

lbhsbz

Reaction score
And a picture of said poster has STILL not been posted here.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score

One2go

Reaction score
I'm in for one for sure,shipped or @ RD store

sintax

Reaction score
I will ask the local print shop if they can scan mine and reprint them and what the cost would be. We could sell them out of the store front and handle shipping etc..

Dave

i got one in a tube if you dont want to go through taking yours out of the frame. I can drop it by the shop in a week or two. I think i'll be out there the second week of june.

I dont mind dropping it off to have scanned, i just dont want to deal with the printing / selling aspect

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave

i got one in a tube if you dont want to go through taking yours out of the frame. I can drop it by the shop in a week or two. I think i'll be out there the second week of june.

I dont mind dropping it off to have scanned, i just dont want to deal with the printing / selling aspect

Sounds good