WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UPS AND DOWNS poster

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, yeah I've seen the delay in shipping all over the place with FedEx, UPS and USPS, seems COVID strikes again. But why would Amber tell me something different? If my order had shipped that's what she should said, not that they we sold out. If I do get double shipped I'll return them to you.

We inventory everything and as it’s sold off the site it removes it from inventory. We shipped a ton of them and some of them are still showing “not scanned In” from the post office tracking. I’m assuming when you talked to her we at the time were out of them so it’s “sold out”.
Or there was some miscommunication or something I dunno.. I just ran another 60 of them so I think we will be good for awhile. They should be in the store on Monday / Tuesday..

We took a partial shipment from the printing company on Friday to ship the ones that went missing asap

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
No worries, mine are the original and for sale

Maybe you can verify or add to this post.

"Guys name was Mike Wicen. Was a fireman out of Manhattan Beach area. Had a shop in that general area too for awhile. Sold this boat and bought a drag boat, named it Manhattan Transfer, it was mostly silver. Cool guy. Been a long time but the story was pretty simple as I remember, someone had the idea and this girl was willing to do it. No boob jobs back then either so she stood out on the beach.... someone probably knows more about it. Pretty believable if you went to the river back then (mid 70's) as we did. I think it was taken where we all hung out, Bluewater."

There's another thread on it with more info if you search.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The guy that took the picture is my buddy Chris’s dad..

Lumpy

Reaction score
Thanks RD! Received the posters today and LMFAO!
Pleasantly surprised by the quality!
Thanks again RD!
My son Luke is going to get a kick out of it and My Dad is going to love it!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So just so we are all on the same page. We got the first shipment in and it was normal poster paper as far as I have ever seen. The replacements for the ones that went missing are out of some sort of super paper that I have not seen because I did not pick them up or drop them off at the office. But apparently people seem to be pretty pleased with the new paper? Out of sheerCuriosity I am driving to the office tomorrow to see one of these new prints because I am dying to know what the hell good paper looks like.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On a sidenote I got a call from the guy today that I guess took the picture. There is another guy here in Havasu that has claimed for years that he took the picture. Without getting into it all I have a hunch the guy that called me today is the actual guy that took the picture because he apparently knows the guy that drove the flat bottom apparently have sold these pictures For a couple of decades. That said I’m going to pause production on these and take a look at what he is sending me and see however we work that out.

To tell you the truth there is virtually no money on these so I don’t much care either way but I’d rather see some money go to the guy that took the picture

We will see how that all shakes out in the end.

poncho

Reaction score
Denny (Skyskier) sent me these years ago, everyone comments when they see them.
20200811_084656[1].jpg
20200811_084703[1].jpg
20200811_085946[1].jpg

78DiMarco

Reaction score
We inventory everything and as it’s sold off the site it removes it from inventory. We shipped a ton of them and some of them are still showing “not scanned In” from the post office tracking. I’m assuming when you talked to her we at the time were out of them so it’s “sold out”.
Or there was some miscommunication or something I dunno.. I just ran another 60 of them so I think we will be good for awhile. They should be in the store on Monday / Tuesday..

We took a partial shipment from the printing company on Friday to ship the ones that went missing asap
Thanks for getting this fixed Dave, never did receive a shipment notification until the replacements shipped... Sounds like the postman has a bunch...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks for getting this fixed Dave, never did receive a shipment notification until the replacements shipped... Sounds like the postman has a bunch...

The girls just got restocked and we’re getting ready to send the replacements and they all started arriving at peoples houses..

I don’t believe they were ever scanned in. To my knowledge everyone has received them now

bagged97taco

Reaction score
The girls just got restocked and we’re getting ready to send the replacements and they all started arriving at peoples houses..

I don’t believe they were ever scanned in. To my knowledge everyone has received them now
I still haven’t received mine. I have got a few emails from rdp about rating my experience but no posters yet. Patiently waiting!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I still haven’t received mine. I have got a few emails from rdp about rating my experience but no posters yet. Patiently waiting!!
TEXT ME THE ORDER # AND I WILL SHIP YOU ANOTHER ONE TOMORROW!

SAME GOES FOR ABYONE ELSE THST HASNT RECEIVED THEM YET!

949-678-8369

bagged97taco

Reaction score
TEXT ME THE ORDER # AND I WILL SHIP YOU ANOTHER ONE TOMORROW!

SAME GOES FOR ABYONE ELSE THST HASNT RECEIVED THEM YET!

949-678-8369
I got an email on Saturday saying my order was shipped. But the tracking number says it’s still in Havasu I’m not mad at all and don’t want to get multiples of my order. If I do I will ship them back to you.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday. Thanks RD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westair

Reaction score
I just received a double order so will drop off one at your store

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
To update the masses here..

I was contacted by a gentlemen that told me he took the photo.

As anyone knows that has ever dealt with me we don’t ever try to burn anyone, and want all parties to be happy. So I will not be making anymore of those posters. I also offered to back pay him a 2.00 a piece for the 140 or so that we ran and sold to make everyone happy.

I’d like to follow that up with a “where are they now” article Just because I think it would be an interesting story to hear and tell.

We had a conversation the other day, and I was supposed to get some billing information, but haven't heard back yet.

So Long story short, I don't have any of those posters anymore and am in a holding pattern until I hear back from him.

Per usual with anything like this, it's always more trouble than it's worth (financially and labor wise, we'd be pretty upside down), but I'm happy that something from everyones youth got put out into some peoples hands again and back into peoples garages for their enjoyment.

RD

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
On a sidenote I got a call from the guy today that I guess took the picture. There is another guy here in Havasu that has claimed for years that he took the picture. Without getting into it all I have a hunch the guy that called me today is the actual guy that took the picture because he apparently knows the guy that drove the flat bottom apparently have sold these pictures For a couple of decades. That said I’m going to pause production on these and take a look at what he is sending me and see however we work that out.

To tell you the truth there is virtually no money on these so I don’t much care either way but I’d rather see some money go to the guy that took the picture

We will see how that all shakes out in the end.
Dave,

Just curious about this guy you spoke with who says he took the pic?

Larry & I were talking with a guy yesterday who brought this up out of the blue. Says he came to Parker in ‘52, said he was the driver. By the looks of the mustache, it could sure be him.

He also says he has the negative.

For anyone who has a clear pic ~ can you read the year on the stickers?

“LW”

lenmann

Reaction score
Dave,

Larry & I were talking with a guy yesterday who brought this up out of the blue. Says he came to Parker in ‘52, said he was the driver. By the looks of the mustache, it could sure be him.

“LW”
There is an old post on here somewhere (I tried to find it but I suck at searches) in which someone said the boat in the pic had 1975 stickers on it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,

“LW”

You might have misunderstood the guy and maybe he was saying he’s been going to Parker since 52? But I doubt that because he would be like 90 years old assuming he started going in his 20’s? Lol

Dan Cook above took the pic and his buddy was driving the boat. I sent him some $$ for back payments on the ones we already had sold, and ordered a small qty of them from him. We will put them on special
For Christmas and order more now that I’m back in towns. I will be at the office getting everything ready for Christmas

cofooter

Reaction score
You might have misunderstood the guy and maybe he was saying he’s been going to Parker since 52? But I doubt that because he would be like 90 years old assuming he started going in his 20’s? Lol

Dan Cook above took the pic and his buddy was driving the boat. I sent him some $$ for back payments on the ones we already had sold, and ordered a small qty of them from him. We will put them on special
For Christmas and order more now that I’m back in towns. I will be at the office getting everything ready for Christmas
I'll get 5 or 10

lenmann

Reaction score

Does @DanCook have the negative?

Lucky Larry

Reaction score

So, no, I understood him correctly. Yes, he came to Parker in ‘52. I wasn’t saying that’s when it was taken, was just saying he was old school.

As I am slow to believe anything I read or am told, I questioned him on his story. I thought I had read on here that someone {Dan Cook?} claimed to have the original from ‘72. This guy said it was ‘75 & said to check the registration stickers on the boat ~ which is why I asked if it was clear in the picture.

Again, this guy claims to have the negative and based on the mustache of the guy in the boat vs. the guy we spoke with, I’d say it’s the same guy.

I just thought I’d try to clarify since you mentioned doing an updated ‘where are they now’ story.

“Lucky’s Wife”

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So, no, I understood him correctly. Yes, he came to Parker in ‘52. I wasn’t saying that’s when it was taken, was just saying he was old school.

As I am slow to believe anything I read or am told, I questioned him on his story. I thought I had read on here that someone {Dan Cook?} claimed to have the original from ‘72. This guy said it was ‘75 & said to check the registration stickers on the boat ~ which is why I asked if it was clear in the picture.

Again, this guy claims to have the negative and based on the mustache of the guy in the boat vs. the guy we spoke with, I’d say it’s the same guy.

I just thought I’d try to clarify since you mentioned doing an updated ‘where are they now’ story.

“Lucky’s Wife”

Just out of curiosity was the guy’s name Corky? And he had a small wallet sized photo of it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wtf is with all these different people claiming to have taken this pic? Lol. Who does that when they are faking the funk?

wzuber

Reaction score
@RD
I just checked the store site and both posters show out of stock. Will either be restocked soon? As in before christmas so they can be sent out as gifts? Thx

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RD
I just checked the store site and both posters show out of stock. Will either be restocked soon? As in before christmas so they can be sent out as gifts? Thx

I can order more of them today. :).

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
@RiverDave

Are the new original ones any better quality than the re-pops? Or have you not had them in hand yet?

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
Dave - same here.....if you get them back in stock in the store, I'd like to order two as well. Let us know when they are available. Thx.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave

Are the new original ones any better quality than the re-pops? Or have you not had them in hand yet?

I don’t have two in front of me to compare.. I’d expect the ones I ordered from Dan to be as good as the originals as he is the one that took the pic and ran all of these back in the day.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Who is selling these now? Need a to buy a few more for some friends.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Who is selling these now? Need a to buy a few more for some friends.

I have to check to see if we have anymore at the shop. If we don’t I can order more from Dan and get them in stock again.