WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Urgent…Someone with Phoenix or Vegas Hospital connections!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I’m not going to name names. But one of our members is in critical condition and stuck at Lake Havasu Regional. We need someone with connections for a transfer to Phoenix or Vegas. Havasu is not cooperating and our fellow member is running out of time. It’s a life or death situation. Please message me, text me or call me anytime and I will fill you in with his advocates contact info ASAP.
Thank you in advance. Hopefully the RDP network will pull through once again.
Stacy Johnson
928-706-4200

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Honestly anyone with insight on how to facilitate a move with an intubated patient and an uncooperative home hospital is appreciated. This situation is not good.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Honestly anyone with insight on how to facilitate a move with an intubated patient and an uncooperative home hospital is appreciated. This situation is not good.

My Step-Father had an MI several years ago, he was without oxygen too long... Once that was evident I wanted to take him home...havasu regional fought us tooth and nail on it. Made it clear that all expenses were going to be on us...I called a private transport company to come get him and paid it out on the spot. I don't know your particular situation, but in all likelihood it will take a private transfer to make it happen.. If you can arrange a private ambulance then you need to find a facility to go to. My thoughts are with you guys.

Last edited:

azmedic2007

Reaction score
I don’t know if this helps, but the life flight at the shit hospital your talking about is private. They have the med support staff and equipment for the flight if it that bad. We flew my son to St Rose in Henderson NV the 1st time, 2 weeks later we had to do the same, this time to Phoenix -
the flights cost the same $60k each flight.
Vegas is faster, Sunrise Hosp. is a decent trama Center- 🙏🏻
Flight is already arranged and cost will not be a problem as arrangements were made. People that know people

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Phoenix or Vegas usually has a few-24 hour turnaround time before they even get back to you or the hospital. Contact Flagstaff they are very responsive.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Shit hate to hear about this. Hope you guys it handled.

HCP3

Reaction score
An air ambulance just left Havasu 15 minutes ago headed to Phoenix. Hopefully the RDP member is onboard. Hoping the best for him.

EDIT: Switching the image to a thumbnail. This was not the patient we had hoped.

Screenshot_20210722-060227.png

Last edited:

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
The only connections I have are with the air transport. One of the higher ups at air methods that is the parent company for mercy air, tri-state and native air is actually a member here. I'll text him to see if he can add anything to help

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
I don’t know if this helps, but the life flight at the shit hospital your talking about is private. They have the med support staff and equipment for the flight if it that bad. We flew my son to St Rose in Henderson NV the 1st time, 2 weeks later we had to do the same, this time to Phoenix -
the flights cost the same $60k each flight.
Vegas is faster, Sunrise Hosp. is a decent trama Center- 🙏🏻

The only connections I have are with the air transport. One of the higher ups at air methods that is the parent company for mercy air, tri-state and native air is actually a member here. I'll text him to see if he can add anything to help

I believe the air portion of this is worked out. We are looking for the hospital acceptance of the patient so transport can begin. There is a lot of resistance from LHR on the transfer.

TCHB

Reaction score
I believe the air portion of this is worked out. We are looking for the hospital acceptance of the patient so transport can begin. There is a lot of resistance from LHR on the transfer.
If the patient is signing out of the hospital on his own it will get very complicated on the insurance side and finding a new doctor/hospital willing to take on liabilit..

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
I heard Sunrise Hospital mentioned earlier in Las Vegas. Maybe things have changed there but 12 years ago I hired a MedJet Lear 45XR out of Albuquerque to get my wife out of that place as fast as possible. That place was a zoo. Cant imagine it now with all the clowns near the strip.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
If the patient is signing out of the hospital on his own it will get very complicated on the insurance side and finding a new doctor/hospital willing to take on liabilit..
He is not signing out. They are trying to get him accepted from another hospital and transferred from HR.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Heartbreaking, I know it's 2 big states away, but University hospital, or Covenant hospital here in Lubbock. Better care than San Diego, IMO. Is San Diego an option? University hospital, Scripps, or even around L.A.? Godspeed all.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score

Thank you if we need any additional help on the air side once we find a hospital, we may be reaching out.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I heard Sunrise Hospital mentioned earlier in Las Vegas. Maybe things have changed there but 12 years ago I hired a MedJet Lear 45XR out of Albuquerque to get my wife out of that place as fast as possible. That place was a zoo. Cant imagine it now with all the clowns near the strip.
Busy hospital is good. Can be better care. The good ER nurses and Dr's like it busy. The lazy ones don't.

Singleton

Reaction score
Based on couple medical friends in SD, another approach is to find a Dr in PHX willing to take on case and that Dr can influence transfer. Can you disclose issue, or still TBD?
IMO, you need a pull into a PHX hospital vs a push into hospital.

gqchris

Reaction score
Based on couple medical friends in SD, another approach is to find a Dr in PHX willing to take on case and that Dr can influence transfer. Can you disclose issue, or still TBD?

That's what I was wondering also, when I heard intubated I am curious if they are struggling with Covid red tape? Reading this post this morning is what my nightmares are made of. I am praying for our own member here to get the help they need!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
He is post Covid with lingering issues and I believe pneumonia effects that never cleared. He is on a vent. We have a few that have reached out via text and pm. Working behind the scenes. Love love love this wonderful network that Dave has kept alive. It gives me hope for humanity.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering also, when I heard intubated I am curious if they are struggling with Covid red tape? Reading this post this morning is what my nightmares are made of. I am praying for our own member here to get the help they need!

he tested negative on July 2. This is all post Covid complications

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Good Peeps here, very nice to see. Keeping the member in my thoughts, and praying for the help he needs. 🙏

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Did you Try St Joseph's in Phoenix? I just had my dad down there for a procedure and it seemed like a very well equiped hospital.

With the Obamacare laws it can be more complicated trying to cross state lines, insurance within the state is much easier.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Covid can have unexpected side affects later. Im coming off of 3 weeks with it and reading this is reminds me I may not be out of the woods completely yet. Hope he gets the medical attention he needs and makes a full recovery.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Was hoping to see progress this morning. So sad to see that is nit the case yet. Agreed that a Dr on the receiving end would be helpful. When my wife had medical complications 2 years ago. Once the Dr at UCSF was on boarding it was smooth sailing. Maybe if you were to find a Dr the specializes in the Vid that could move it forward. Best to the member and how family.

Also maybe if the thread keeps hitting the top it could help.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
We are on a bit of standby. The chiefs are involved and currently having meetings with his doctors to see if they can initiate transfer. Will still need a receiving hospital once that process begins. Keep the word out there and the prayers going. Have received many calls and texts. So this thread is definitely paying off.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
We are on a bit of standby. The chiefs are involved and currently having meetings with his doctors to see if they can initiate transfer. Will still need a receiving hospital once that process begins. Keep the word out there and the prayers going. Have received many calls and texts. So this thread is definitely paying off.

Once the current docs agree to initiate a transfer, things get much simpler

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Glad the wheels are starting to spin. They don't make it easy, hopefully you guys find a good hospital spot for them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have been pretty quiet about this.. I am beside myself and extremely sad and worried. The member is a very close friend and almost a mentor on some level. 😥. I am hoping something happens here shortly and they get him out of that hospital and especially away from this doctor..

If he stays there he’s dead. I am convinced if he goes to Mayo he lives.
He’s stable and even shows signs of improvement. People I have talked too in the medical field say this doctors assessment is absolutely crazy..

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Positive thoughts, good will and yes, even prayer.

I don't know who this person is, but everyone I've been in contact with here has been worthy of the above.
Most of us are assholes, to some extent or another, until things are "real". At that point, the "shirt off your back" isn't even close to the description of what people here will give.

Keep up the good fight. Keep up the positivity...

Spudsbud

Reaction score
You cant call for an air.ttransfer for.need?
You can in Illinois.
Worry about billing later.
Helo him out.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Call your attorney, have him request a meeting hospital administrator, this will get there attention

This... @RiverDave @RiverDiva my dad was a hospital administrator for most of his career. A shot across the bow, or the threat of a possible malpractice lawsuit will shake shit up quickly.

Hopefully you guys get him out of there.