WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Urgent…Someone with Phoenix or Vegas Hospital connections!

rickym20

Reaction score
Been following this thread , couldn’t say much cause my resources weren’t any help towards the situation. Was pulling for you Roy behind the scenes. Rest In Peace.

Joker

Reaction score
There are people here that tried to make a difference with the outcome and it appears Stacy and Dave knew how serious Roy’s condition was but everyone’s hands were tied. All of you did what you could and I guarantee Roy knew you were there for him.

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
Now that I see his picture, I have met Roy somewhere, but I didn't know him. Seems like I missed out on knowing a great guy. He has many friends. Condolences to all of you. RIP.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Man this is horrible he truly was a great man, and will be dearly missed. RIP Roy and prayers to his daughter and granddaughter.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Just from the pics you can tell he was one of those true 'Salt of the Earth' type of dudes that everyone loves . . . very few of those peeps around, and the world is a much better place with them in it.
Prayers to the family, and hoping they can find some peace knowing he made a lot of people very happy, that's a true gift from God.
RIP Roy

schrader23

Reaction score
Love you brother!
46C5B401-FE8B-4E83-B164-D7B4DD66B61E.jpeg
6C9C2E27-CD5F-4E2E-B5D2-8DDCDF836D5C.jpeg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Very sad :( my thoughts to Roy's friends and family

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like this guy lived a long full rich life.

Much respect.

Sorry for everyone's loss. 😔

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Super bummed. I’ve known Roy about 20 years or so, since I had my old shop. Not only was he a vendor, he would come out to races at Firebird raceway where we met in person, and he became a friend. Roy was an offshore racer, a custom boat parts builder, a drag boat racer, and I think he designed or helped design the first capsule. He was truly a talented individual. I looked up to him and was always in awe of him. The gas caps on DCB’s, those are Roy’s design. He made a battery box with a charger in the upright support. It was badass at the time. Literally when I opened my shop, a mutual friend introduced me, and he was one of my first vendors. He treated me with respect, and I was nobody. That relationship lasted until current times. When I went out on my own again, Roy was one of the first people to call me and asked me to list his boat. He said I’ve known you a long time and I trust you. He had no idea how much that affected me at the time. I was starting over again, didn’t have a lot of confidence. Yet somehow his reaching out to me made me feel like I was going to be ok.

Sorry if my thoughts are just pouring out randomly. I just wanted people to know some of who he was.

Anyhow, RIP Roy. You will be missed. They don’t make guys like him anymore. [emoji120][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poncho

Reaction score
I'm so very sorry to hear of Roy's passing, Hula knows the stories better than I but when i met him at his shop and he gave me the tour I immediately knew this is a guy that could write a check for just about anything he wanted but the things there were for his happiness and not to impress anyone, it brought him joy to tell the story of each item.
When i asked about the CNC's that were running he said he put in one to stay busy and at that point there were more than one making chip's 24/7, a testament to an old school hard worker.
I sure enjoyed my time in Havasu and Roy was a part of it.....RIP Sir.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am beside myself and feel like the world lost something great today. Like Outdrive1 I have known Roy for 20’sh years…. Back when I was doing a lot of aerospace prototyping I would sub a lot of CNC work to him.. For those that don’t know Roy was a bad ass machinist.. He could literally make anything, and didn’t think twice about tackling projects that would have me and most everyone I know scratching our heads.

I will share a story about Roy and the type of guy he was..

There was one job I subbed to him and it was about 40,000.00 worth of parts.. Parts were delivered, I inspected them and made the reports and dropped them at the customer. A couple days later I get a call and the customer tells me there’s something wrong with the parts.. I drove over and all of them were destroyed. They all had corroded in a matter of days.. it literally looked like someone poured acid on them.

I’m sitting there thinking wtf? They weren’t like that when I had them.. Customer maintains that they hadn’t even touched them yet and they were still in the bags they were delivered in.. I call Roy and he asks me wtf I did to them, and I told him the same thing I always do.. either way It’s a 40k nut someone is gonna crack and since I’m the middle man it’s gonna end up being me.

Roy could have just said sorry about your luck.. and made another 35k remaking them.. He didn’t. Instead he setup again and worked for two days straight remaking all the parts.

Like I said earlier if I had to nut that (which by all rights would have been the outcome with anyone else) It would have had some life changing impacts to some 20 something year old kid..

Roy didn’t have to do that, but he knew what it was gonna cost me (both financially and in life) and he didn’t hesitate. He stepped up and fixed the problem.. Not too many guys like that in the world anymore and we just lost one of the few that I knew.

A lot of people can say that he made their life better for being in it. This was one of his last projects he made on his machines. It was a silver necklace he made for Dina as a surprise. Dina is a writer for Luxury Center Consoles and rdp.

DCD3AC5A-393B-4474-B2D2-01834C5D6C31.jpeg
C5D5F7D6-F437-48D8-A6E3-A59226C0EA5B.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hard to believe that was jist over a month ago, and now we are here.. It was just after that he asked me to email him over the rdp logo..

This whole thing seems surreal and just incredibly sad. I woulda traded it all if I thought there was even a chance of changing the outcome.

I will miss him terribly,and will miss stopping by his shop with the kids. He always took time out of his day no matter what he was doing to answer all their questions and show them how a machine worked.. etc. They made him get well cards and were offering up their piggy banks yesterday to move him to another hospital to get better.

F8C30DB0-DF4D-47B9-A7CA-E822A4EAAF93.png

Last edited:

PaPaG

Reaction score
All I can say is RIP and that I am so impressed by all the efforts and love that RDers put out to try to help...great group of people here...Rest in Peace.

Joe mama

Reaction score
RIP Roy!!!!!
You just got to ask yourself if being moved would have changed the outcome. Only one knows that answer.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… don’t really know what to say other than rest in peace sir …you are loved by many…

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I didnt expect this when I opened the thread. I did not know him but based on everything I read he had tons of people that are going to miss him terribly.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP!

HBCraig

Reaction score
horrible, horrible news.

My condolences to Roy's family. RIP brother. Godspeed

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Down the road everyone will enjoy remembering Roy + his products will last forever. Incredible well earned Legacy.

HST4ME

Reaction score
RIP Roy. It is a travesty how this went down.

squeezer

Reaction score
This is sad on so many levels...

No mention in the thread about what he was hospitalized with???

Rotten deal

Reaction score
My condolences to all of you that have lost your friend and family . RIP

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
So sad, such a kind man… RIP Sir you will be missed by so many.

azmedic2007

Reaction score
So many thoughts….where to start? I don’t want this to be about me but that’s hard to do with Roy. He always made it about the other person. I didn’t know him long but in the short time we became very close friends. There’s not enough text to describe how great of a human Roy was. I met him long after the boat racing years. I think I’m super lucky because when I met him he had amassed so much knowledge and he was incredibly gifted at machine work. Roy was a private person but yet outgoing. I told him once we were kind of misfits and there was a higher power that meant for us to be friends. To describe Roy as generous is not enough. That man would do anything for anyone no limits. He was the life of the party wherever he went without being ostentatious. To say there is a huge void in my heart when Roy passed this morning is a gross understatement. A lot of people come and go in our lives for better or worse but no one will ever be able to fill that empty spot my friend Roy left. Til we see each other on the other side Godspeed and love from this mortal stuck here missing your presence.

FishSniper

Reaction score
RIP. Very sad thread wish something more could have been done but it wasn’t for lack of effort.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I met Roy one time through Sean.
He seemed to be one of those people that just stand out without trying.
Invited me to his shop but I never made it over there.
Damn. RIP.

Exact same thing with me Tommy. Met one morning with Sean at Cambell cove for breakfast and offered to show me the shop but our schedules never aligned. Such horrible news!!!

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
RiP Roy.....My condolences to his family and to what seems like many here that were touched by this man's life. Sounded like a good dude.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
My most sincere condolences to Roy's family. And to the many here who were friends of Roy's, particularly Stacy and Dave. I didn't know Roy, but I can feel the admiration, friendship, loss and respect shown here. May he RIP

Wedgy

Reaction score
My most sincere condolences to Roy's family. And to the many here who were friends of Roy's, particularly Stacy and Dave. I didn't know Roy, but I can feel the admiration, friendship, loss and respect shown here. May he RIP

I Echo the above. Times like these, words seem to fall far short. RIP Roy. Lifted up on the arms of the Angels. Prayers for his family.

cole_skier

Reaction score
RIP. Never met him but from what I have read we can all only be so lucky to impact those around us so positively.

Mcintyrelocal

Reaction score
This is the first im seeing and reading this, Roy was a friend of mine and I am heartbroken to hear this news... He was a kind man and always a blast to talk to and always up to help with anything... Havasu was a better place with him around. Prayers for all of his Family and Friends. He will be missed!