WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

US World Water Ski Racing Team Fundraiser

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
The US World Water Ski Racing Team in conjunction with the IWSRA are having a raffle to help raise funds for its members to go to Belgium and compete in the World Championships in July.

There will be a total of 7 cash prizes awarded. Prizes rage from $1,000 to $10,000 for the grand prize winner!

Tickets are sold for $100 each. Here is a breakdown of the prizes:

1- Grand prize: $10,000
1- 2nd Place: $3,500
1- 3rd Place: $2,500
4- 4th Place: $1,000

There will be four 4th place cash giveaways.

100% of the proceeds go to helping the members of the US World team get to Belgium.

I have been selected as a team member on the Women's Formula 2 Team. If you would like to purchase a ticket (or tickets) to help me pay for my expenses to reach Belgium, please PM me.

Please help support your US World Water Ski Racing Team members!!!

I've set a personal goal to sell 30 tickets.

Thank you everyone! :D

TICKETS ARE 100.00 EA PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR PAYMENT OPTIONS. I'VE HAD TO REMOVE MY PAYPAL INFO DUE TO PAYPAL REGULATIONS. Be sure to include your name, address and phone # in the paypal notes!! (Phone # in case there is any problems with the address)

Please DO NOT send any more payments via PayPal. Please see post #30 for more information on this.

***501(c)3 non-profit deduction***

Last edited:

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
The US World Water Ski Racing Team in conjunction with the IWSRA are having a raffle to help raise funds for its members to go to Belgium and compete in the World Championships in July.

There will be a total of 7 cash prizes awarded. Prizes rage from $1,000 to $10,000 for the grand prize winner!

Tickets are sold for $100 each. Here is a breakdown of the prizes:

1- Grand prize: $10,000
1- 2nd Place: $3,500
1- 3rd Place: $2,500
4- 4th Place: $1,000

There will be four 4th place cash giveaways.

100% of the proceeds go to helping the members of the US World team get to Belgium.

I have been selected as a team member on the Women's Formula 2 Team. If you would like to purchase a ticket (or tickets) to help me pay for my expenses to reach Belgium, please PM me.

Please help support your US World Water Ski Racing Team members!!!

Thank you everyone! :D

Is there a link to a website that's a little more official than a post? Who is sponsoring this? Who are the skiers? Who are you? :hmm

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Rex verified it's legit on pb. I asked firecracker to come over here and post this to help them raise funds. :)

RD

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Rex verified it's legit on pb. I asked firecracker to come over here and post this to help them raise funds. :)

RD

Cool :thumbsup maybe I can help too besides buying a raffle ticket. Try posting over here too, there's a boat load of hardcore/diehard skiers on this site http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/

Best of luck to ya Amy and all the US team :thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Amy:
2cc7489a-5437-43b1-9709-8e2a43e16fb2f.jpg

98db6d9e-230f-4cc2-a779-738c5edabd53f.jpg

Keith Sayre

Reaction score
While I don't know many of these skiers personally, I do see them coming
by occasionally and going out to practice with our boats etc. They are
some hardcore athletes that get little or no recognition and some of them are world class in their sport. They work their butts off for the love of the sport and to me that's commendable.

Keith Sayre
Nordic Boats

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Cool :thumbsup maybe I can help too besides buying a raffle ticket. Try posting over here too, there's a boat load of hardcore/diehard skiers on this site http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/

Best of luck to ya Amy and all the US team :thumbsup

Thank you very much! I will go there and see if I can put it up for sure! Sorry it took so long to get back. We raced yesterday all day, and practiced this morning.

Thank you for the well wishes too!

JBG

Reaction score
Put me down for a ticket Amy! Joey G said he is also down for 2 tickets. :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Put RDP down for a Ticket as well! :)

Amy, do you have some sort've paypal or way to take the money for the tickets?

RD

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Put RDP down for a Ticket as well! :)

Amy, do you have some sort've paypal or way to take the money for the tickets?

RD

If you prefer to use paypal, you can send to: [email protected]

Of if you want to mail a check, you can send to:
Amy Threlfall
PO Box 900873
Palmdale, CA 93590

Thank you!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
WW being a cheap ass, I got $50.00 any one want to go halves and help get this girl where she needs to be?

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
WW being a cheap ass, I got $50.00 any one want to go halves and help get this girl where she needs to be?

This is great! Group tickets are more than welcome! Heck even if you win $1000 between five $20 donations is still $200 each when you split it up!

And in Dylan's case if you split 50/50 in a ticket that's $500 each you get on the lowest prize available!

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
I'd like to thank WhiteWorks for taking the following pictures at the Puddingstone race this weekend:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
For a little background on my racing here you go:

I began ski racing in 2003 in the Women's Novice class. My grandfather stepped up at the last minute and got his Rayson Craft to race, when the ride I had lined up was no longer available. In 2004 I moved up to skiing in the Intermediate Women (17-29) class. I was shuffled around between a few boats that year because of people leaving the sport and so on. And about half way through the year I started skiing for John Bohls. I finished out the 2004 season as the High Point Champion in my class and National Champion in the 17-29 Women, and Flatbottom Women's classes for the circle racing series. In 2005 I continued to ski for John in the Intermediate Women's class. I was High Point Champion again in 2005. 2006 proved to be a very interesting year... While I was skiing the Parker Marathon, I crashed, and broke my foot. It took just over 1 month for doctors in Havasu where I was living at the time to diagnose the problem because the swelling was so bad. To make a long story short, it took a total of 13 months to get the proper surgery to fix my foot after having one wrong operation and fighting with my insurance company to get the surgery done by good doctors. I now have 3 of 5 screws and cadaver bone in my foot fusing it together. I lost the basically the whole 2006 and 2007 racing seasons. My surgery was in April of 2007, and I was skiing again by August. I skied the first day of the 50/75 at Lake Mead in September 2007 and was in so much pain from the screws that I could not ski the next day. I went on to ski in the US Open Ski Race in October 2007. The following Monday I had 2 screws removed. 2008 was my first full season back racing. I decided to change classes and ski Formula 2 (outboard) in 2008, and try to make our World team to go to Belgium this July. I was High Point Champion for the Women's F2 class for 2008. A great way the start ski racing again!

So here I sit today, trying to raise money to go to Belgium and represent the USA in the World Championships. It is a great honor to represent our country. I would like to thank each and every one of you who has taken the time to read this, and donate to the cause. This trip is quite expensive, and I am very fortunate to have friends like all of you to help me out.

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
I will be at Irvine Lake next weekend for the shindig... If anyone wants to buy a ticket, or buy a 50/50 raffle ticket please come see me! :)

I will be doing the 50/50 at the event, so what you buy from that will be raffled off that day.

whiteworks

Reaction score

looks like I am in for the other half aswell;) I'll get the check off this weekend.

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm very close to my goal, yet still a bit away from it. I have 17 more tickets to sell... If anone is interested, please let me know. Or if you want to go in on a group ticket please let me know. :D

R

Retired Member

Hey everyone! I'm very close to my goal, yet still a bit away from it. I have 17 more tickets to sell... If anone is interested, please let me know. Or if you want to go in on a group ticket please let me know. :D

I have $100 sitting in my paypal account, count me in for one.

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score

Dave and I are submitting our $100 via paypal now:D

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
I have $100 sitting in my paypal account, count me in for one.

Dave and I are submitting our $100 via paypal now:D

Thank you so much, all of you! It is so much more of a help than you will ever know! I will be keeping a daily blog over there so everyone can keep updated on how we are doing... :D

Please send me your address, contact phone, and a good contact email address for if you win. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Thank you sooooo much again!

whiteworks

Reaction score
I recieved my raffle ticket today, when is the raffle being held? I wasnt even really thinking about the raffle part but that $10,000 sure would be nice.

WW<-----now feeling lucky n shit

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
I recieved my raffle ticket today, when is the raffle being held? I wasnt even really thinking about the raffle part but that $10,000 sure would be nice.

WW<-----now feeling lucky n shit

The raffle will be held right before we leave for worlds. We have to send our tickets in no later than July 7... I'm REALLY hoping that someone who bought a ticket from me is the winner!:champagne:

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to have to ask if you wish to purchase any tickets to not pay through PayPal. After only having 3 people pay through them, they are requiring me to provide a voided check for the organization to prove I am allowed to make transactions for them, show proof of tax exemption, and information about the business. It is total bullshit. Sorry guys, I know it seemed like an easy way to pay for these things, but I'm going to have to request that no one attempt to pay through them anymore.

If anyone is interested in buying tickets I will be at the Irvine Regatta next weekend, or you can mail me a check/money order if you like. I apologize for this inconvenience, but it's just not worth the hassle and providing information which I do not have. It's just a dang fundraiser. I'm not making any profit from this at all.

Thank you everyone for your understanding.

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Just a reminder!

I will be out at the Lake Irvine event this weekend selling both my $100 raffle tickets, and holding a 50/50 raffle. The winner for the 50/50 raffle will be drawn on Saturday.

If you wish to purchase 50/50 tickets, they will be sold for $5 each, or 5 for $20. If you want to start placing orders for the 50/50 tickets please let me know! You will NOT have to be present to win the 50/50 raffle.

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
I would like to say a huge thank you to jetboatguru for helping me sell as many tickets as I did. If it wasn't for him I would not have sold near the number of tickets I did.

I'm 6 tickets away from being 100% in the clear on my team obligation.

Again, I would like to extend a big thank you to Tony.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How many did you sell at Irvine Lake? I know some drunkard took you under his wing, and he told me that you guys sold a few.. :D

RD

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
How many did you sell at Irvine Lake? I know some drunkard took you under his wing, and he told me that you guys sold a few.. :D

RD

Haha! I sold 3 there at Irvine. So that was really cool. The drunkard did well! It was very nice of him to slow the beer consumption to help me out... :thumbsup

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I would like to say a huge thank you to jetboatguru for helping me sell as many tickets as I did. If it wasn't for him I would not have sold near the number of tickets I did.

I'm 6 tickets away from being 100% in the clear on my team obligation.

Again, I would like to extend a big thank you to Tony.

Haha! I sold 3 there at Irvine. So that was really cool. The drunkard did well! It was very nice of him to slow the beer consumption to help me out... :thumbsup

So, you are saying Tony is a drunkard?

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
So, you are saying Tony is a drunkard?

Haha! No. I don't think I've ever seen that guy with a cocktail in hand...

Tony has helped me a lot outside of the Irvine deal. There really is no way for me to properly thank him. So here it is again, thank you for all of your help Tony. I really appreciate it all.

As for RD, he has also helped me greatly by allowing me to post my fundraiser on this site. It means a lot. Thank you very much.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Haha! No. I don't think I've ever seen that guy with a cocktail in hand...

Tony has helped me a lot outside of the Irvine deal. There really is no way for me to properly thank him. So here it is again, thank you for all of your help Tony. I really appreciate it all.

As for RD, he has also helped me greatly by allowing me to post my fundraiser on this site. It means a lot. Thank you very much.

Ok,, can't let my two friends outdo me. You are welcome to come out to Puddingstone if you need some ski time, I actually issued an invitation to you on the Puddingstone ski practice thread. Should be able to pull you around long enough to do you some good even if it's small, we used to take 45mins or so each out there, depending on how much gas was in the boat.

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Ok,, can't let my two friends outdo me. You are welcome to come out to Puddingstone if you need some ski time, I actually issued an invitation to you on the Puddingstone ski practice thread. Should be able to pull you around long enough to do you some good even if it's small, we used to take 45mins or so each out there, depending on how much gas was in the boat.

I just may be taking you up on that offer! I missed the Puddingpuddle thread... I'll go check it out!

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! The time is drawing near, and it's time for me to tell you when the raffle is!

The drawing will be held on July 11, at the Catalina Ski Race!

There is still time to pick up a ticket if you are interested!

Please PM me if you are interested!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There was also 2nd and 3rd prizes too.. LOL My phone hasn't rang either so I'm thinking it wasn't me either. :(

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did they have the raffle at the catalina ski race? Anyone know?

RD

Boat211

Reaction score
Thet did it at trophies. Andy Andersons wife got the 10K. Gary Heinbach got 3.5K I think. Mike Avila got 1K. There was a few more but I dont remember them all.

Firecracker

I have no member
Reaction score
Thet did it at trophies. Andy Andersons wife got the 10K. Gary Heinbach got 3.5K I think. Mike Avila got 1K. There was a few more but I dont remember them all.

I'm trying to find out who won the rest, so as soon as I do I'll post it up. I had two tickets in there myself... No phone call. :(

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Andy Andersons wife got the 10K.

I imagine that luck got passed on from Bonnie Anderson, seemed she was always hitting some jackpot at the Goldstrike when we raced at Lake Mead!