WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

USC ! Are they back ?

Hammer

Reaction score
I still don't think Cody Kessler is the answer at QB, Buck Allen runs hard but they still need a game changer at that position. Defense played great last night ! I think Coach O should get an opportunity to be the next head Coach. I'm not sold on Del Rio at all, not sure who else they would consider. Orgerons is the best recruiter in the country IMO and he needs to be a part of the staff next year. Losing him would put a huge void in recruiting for SC. Big win last night, hopefully they can knock off the Bruins, that team is stacked and Mora has them on the verge of greatness....

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I still don't think Cody Kessler is the answer at QB, Buck Allen runs hard but they still need a game changer at that position. Defense played great last night ! I think Coach O should get an opportunity to be the next head Coach. I'm not sold on Del Rio at all, not sure who else they would consider. Orgerons is the best recruiter in the country IMO and he needs to be a part of the staff next year. Losing him would put a huge void in recruiting for SC. Big win last night, hopefully they can knock off the Bruins, that team is stacked and Mora has them on the verge of greatness....

The team is going to wreck FUCLA this year. I cannot wait. :D As for CEO I do not think he should be the coach (honestly they need a huge name) Sumlin - maybe, Peterson possibly, Chip Kelly would be nice but he has a show cause hold over from the grease fire @ O. SC should just put up the $ to keep Orgeron there on staff regardless. That is what I would do if I was Hadden. Kessler is not the answer - Brown should be playing QB.

Fight On. Beat the Bruins. (and the Buffalos)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I hope Orgeron gets hired too. As for the game. You had to know something was up when Vegas makes Stanford favored by only 4 points. I was guessing Stanford would win by a field goal. Glad I was wrong. :D
SC most likely is gonna lose to UCLA. My guess.

Hammer

Reaction score
The team is going to wreck FUCLA this year. I cannot wait. :D As for CEO I do not think he should be the coach (honestly they need a huge name) Sumlin - maybe, Peterson possibly, Chip Kelly would be nice but he has a show cause hold over from the grease fire @ O. SC should just put up the $ to keep Orgeron there on staff regardless. That is what I would do if I was Hadden. Kessler is not the answer - Brown should be playing QB.

I agree with you with the exception of Chip Kelly, I don't think he has a sense of tradition and Haden has been saying he wants the next HC to be familiar with the history and tradition that is SC. That leads me to believe it will be an alumni of some sort. I'd like to see Jon Gruden as the next HC, I don't see him leaving the Booth though !!

Fight on. F-U-C-L-A :D

Englewood

Reaction score
Orgeron is the answer. The only change from the way they were playing to now is coaching. In my opinion, Jack Del Rio would be a stupid hire. He went to USC, big deal. Coach O has these kids playing inspired football and it is obvious they respect him, which is hard to get in college football.

GET SOME

Reaction score
Coach O will be the coach next year. He has turned the team around full circle. When you have half of the stadium cheering coach O. How could pat Hadden not hire him. Who knew kiffin was was terrible. I'm on the ragen Cajun ban wagon.
FUCLA

Kessler looked great, he's young and will get better with time.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Great statement win.I hope they keep Coach O.Seems to be a great,honorable man.You can just feel how much he loves SC...

DrHW

Reaction score
Back? In a word, no. They have recently displayed light at the end of the tunnel though.

Keep the Coach and good luck with UCLA.

ultrajet

Reaction score
A big thanks to SC. :thumbup: hope we meet in Eugene for PAC 12 championship !

PVHCA

Reaction score

Peterson isn't huge, he'd get slammed out of LA the second time he sounded like Belicheck during an interview. Sumlin, maybe, I was thinking Art Briles but he just re-upped for 10. I like coach "O", always have respected the recruiting job he does, Del Rio, we'll have to see how the last two games go and the following game or games. If "O" put's a team out there that wins out it's gonna be VERY hard for Haden to not hire him. No matter what happens he'll remain at USC. Al Golden wouldn't be bad either or Brady Hoke!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Peterson isn't huge, he'd get slammed out of LA the second time he sounded like Belicheck during an interview. Sumlin, maybe, I was thinking Art Briles but he just re-upped for 10. I like coach "O", always have respected the recruiting job he does, Del Rio, we'll have to see how the last two games go and the following game or games. If "O" put's a team out there that wins out it's gonna be VERY hard for Haden to not hire him. No matter what happens he'll remain at USC. Al Golden wouldn't be bad either or Brady Hoke!!

I like Al Golden or Brady Hoke ! :thumbup: don't see either coming out west though... I'd rather keep coach "O" than see Del Rio come in. I don't think he would get it done.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I think it would be foolish to hire ANYONE over coach O...there has not been this kind of buzz around that campus since Pete. O learned a ton in hi first attempt as a head coach at Ole Miss. He knows where he failed and wont make that mistake again...those kids won't play for anyone as hard as they will play for him. He will get those kids to play at another level...I think Kessler will step it up and O will get him to play to the next level instilling the confidence in him...nothing but up from here...UCLA will be a battle and I can't wait to see it!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Hopefully they hire Coach O. Then he can find a place to live instead of a hotel across the street from school and bring his wife and 3 kids here from the bayou. :p

westair

Reaction score
Wow! look at all the USC fans coming back here:D ..... SC better run the ball better than they did against Stanford to have any chance of beating UCLA! .... and yes Haden better hire coach O if he hasn't already!

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Wow! look at all the USC fans coming back here:D ..... SC better run the ball better than they did against Stanford to have any chance of beating UCLA! .... and yes Haden better hire coach O if he hasn't already!

Coming back? Give me a break. We never left. Typical comment by an SC hater. I've been one of their #1 critics this season. But I'm not gonna keep quiet in a big win like this one. I'd say we've earned it. As for coach O. I'd love to see him secure that head coach job but I don't think it's gonna happen. And more than likely they're gonna lose to UCLA. But I hope I'm wrong.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Coming back? Give me a break. We never left. Typical comment by an SC hater. I've been one of their #1 critics this season. But I'm not gonna keep quiet in a big win like this one. I'd say we've earned it. As for coach O. I'd love to see him secure that head coach job but I don't think it's gonna happen. And more than likely they're gonna lose to UCLA. But I hope I'm wrong.

I dont think he is talking about you. ;) More like the absentee SC honks that ONLY chime in when the team is back. You and Havasu1986 are the few that chime in here when SC was getting run. Coach O is a good X's and O's guy in my opinion.

westair

Reaction score

lol ... just stirring the pot a little:D .... yes a very big win for SC and I see they're now ranked 23 but its not going to mean much unless UCLA or AZ beats ASU in these last two games.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
lol ... just stirring the pot a little:D .... yes a very big win for SC and I see they're now ranked 23 but its not going to mean much unless UCLA or AZ beats ASU in these last two games.

Why would it mean less. :headscratch: Nobody was picking SC to have a great year anyway. A 10-11 win season will be huge for recruiting. Next year will be there last year of sanctions. :p

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
The O line left a lot to be desired on the run plays. They need to do a better job of establishing the running game to open up the passing. They do that and they should roll. :thumbup:

<only SDSU grad in a HUGE SC grad family but still a fan. :D

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

PVHCA

Reaction score
The kid from Corona just de-committed from Bama and chose USC!!

westair

Reaction score
Why would it mean less. :headscratch: Nobody was picking SC to have a great year anyway. A 10-11 win season will be huge for recruiting. Next year will be there last year of sanctions. :p

That's great that your content finishing 2 or 3:D ... but I think Pat Haden has his sights on 1st .... and its a realistic chance!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That's great that your content finishing 2 or 3:D ... but I think Pat Haden has his sights on 1st .... and its a realistic chance!

I truly believe coach O could do it next season. If they hire a different head coach I believe it may take a couple years.

westair

Reaction score
I truly believe coach O could do it next season. If they hire a different head coach I believe it may take a couple years.

There's no doubt USC will be back but its going to be a lot tougher road than they're used too to win a Pac 12 title ..... lot of very good teams now in this conference. UCLA being just one of them, half there starters this year are freshman and sophomores.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Haden may be wasting time and money looking around the country. There's no shortage of "a bunch of 'know it all' SC experts here on RDP, and other venues". Why is it, that is seldom the case when it comes to UCLA football ? ? I'm not an SC hater. Just get tired of some of their "expert" fans. SC-UCLA might be a good game this year . . . PERIOD !

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
There's no doubt USC will be back but its going to be a lot tougher road than they're used too to win a Pac 12 title ..... lot of very good teams now in this conference. UCLA being just one of them, half there starters this year are freshman and sophomores.

Agreed. Plus side is strength of schedule should help them in standings. I'm thinking next season PAC 12 is gonna be real tough.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Haden may be wasting time and money looking around the country. There's no shortage of "a bunch of 'know it all' SC experts here on RDP, and other venues". Why is it, that is seldom the case when it comes to UCLA football ? ? I'm not an SC hater. Just get tired of some of their "expert" fans. SC-UCLA might be a good game this year . . . PERIOD !

Experts. Noted. Lol

Bigjem

Reaction score
Haden needs to leave the team alone and they will win out the season, coach O is the coach and that's it. coach O will be a big name after he takes this team back to the top. Kessler is the answer just needs time. its his first year as a starter and he's a sophomore. FIGHT ON

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I like Al Golden or Brady Hoke ! :thumbup: don't see either coming out west though... I'd rather keep coach "O" than see Del Rio come in. I don't think he would get it done.

Hoke wouldn't leave Michigan for USC, Michigan is his dream job. He was an assistant on their National Championship team before he went to Ball State as a HC.

Tough few weeks for me as a Michigan fan but they are really young and should only get better. I'd love it if they would fire Al Borges, his play calling makes me yell at the tv entirely too much!!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Hoke wouldn't leave Michigan for USC, Michigan is his dream job. He was an assistant on their National Championship team before he went to Ball State as a HC.

Tough few weeks for me as a Michigan fan but they are really young and should only get better. I'd love it if they would fire Al Borges, his play calling makes me yell at the tv entirely too much!!!

Hoke is a great fit for Michigan. Borges not so much. Football makes me yell at the tv too. :D They need to go back to the good 'ole days when they ran the ball down your throat. I like Michigan, they need to get it together so they can beat Ohio State every year . I hat Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes. So overrated, they don't play anyone and are always ranked in the top 5.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Hoke is a great fit for Michigan. Borges not so much. Football makes me yell at the tv too. :D They need to go back to the good 'ole days when they ran the ball down your throat. I like Michigan, they need to get it together so they can beat Ohio State every year . I hat Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes. So overrated, they don't play anyone and are always ranked in the top 5.

Michigan wants to play Manball like Stanford and Hoke can recruit the talent, it's just gonna take some time after RichRod.

I was at the Notre Dame @ Michigan game this year and the play calling in that game was dynamic. Since then it has been embarrassing and I just don't understand what they are trying to do. If they beat Ohio, all is forgiven.

Go Blue!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Michigan wants to play Manball like Stanford and Hoke can recruit the talent, it's just gonna take some time after RichRod.

I was at the Notre Dame @ Michigan game this year and the play calling in that game was dynamic. Since then it has been embarrassing and I just don't understand what they are trying to do. If they beat Ohio, all is forgiven.

Go Blue!

Hammer

Reaction score

Go Blue!

That RichRod hire was stupid. Hopefully they can get back to the rose bowl in the next two years. :thumbup: