WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

use permit-fire permit-off road permit----- check

pixrthis

Reaction score
I remember being pissed when they started charging to get into El Mirage until I realized the small fee kept the trash off roaders away, many flying flags from other countries.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Fuchin California/BLM/Glamis FEES, FEES and more FEES:mad:
surprised I wasn't hit with a Merry Fuchin Christmas FEE too.:rolleyes:

Yea I remember when Glamis was FREE!!!!!

Anyways Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to all and I'll C'ya Next Year
It’s no longer merry Christmas it’s happy holidays 🤣

timstoy

Reaction score
The camp fire permit is free and good for a year you can print it out after taking a test. On the bottom of the permit it states you could be liable for costs if your campfire starts a wildfire.That being said after going to the desert for over 60 years I have never seen the sand catch on fire! California has had ORV registration and fee’s for decades. Some areas change an additional fees which I feel is not right since we already pay a state registration fee.

Sandlord

Reaction score
AZ registration is out of control too, on my Diesel truck.
I mean WTF is AQF?
0A6657FC-17CC-4423-908C-1073C6FC8D1F.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yea I remember when Glamis was FREE!!!!!
I do too.
Then they started cracking down on people riding double.

Remember when they started setting up roadblocks at canal road, and the train tracks checking everyone’s registrations?
On a flat bed or pickup bed they would inspect every OHV, but couldn’t look inside enclosed trailers.

Then the camping permits came.

Then the rangers wandering from camp to camp checking permits, registration, looking for glass, or anything else they could ticket for.

Is that A-1 steak sauce next to your BBQ?😡
BNAG! Ticket
For steak sauce....

wallnutz

Reaction score
I do too.

Remember when they started setting up roadblocks at canal road, and the train tracks checking everyone’s registrations?
On a flat bed or pickup bed they would inspect every OHV, but couldn’t look inside enclosed trailers.

Then the rangers wandering from camp to camp checking permits, registration, looking for glass, or anything else they could ticket for.

BNAG! Ticket
For steak sauce....
Thanksgiving about 2015 the last year we stayed in the washes. We had probably 25 people at the tables eating Thanksgiving dinner when the Gestapo rolled in. Friends wife got a ticket for glass salad dressing bottle, another wife got one for an empty wine bottle in the trash at the end of the table. BS tickets yeah, but rules were broken.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I do too.

BNAG! Ticket
For steak sauce....
I'm all for them checking registration. Do you ever wonder how many people coincidentally camped next to there own stolen stuff ?
Thanksgiving about 2015 the last year we stayed in the washes. We had probably 25 people at the tables eating Thanksgiving dinner when the Gestapo rolled in. Friends wife got a ticket for glass salad dressing bottle, another wife got one for an empty wine bottle in the trash at the end of the table. BS tickets yeah, but rules were broken.
I hope you thanked the heros for keeping your family safe from that possible tragedy !

pixrthis

Reaction score
I don’t like over policing and I’ve seen people disrespect neighbors and the dunes or desert who are never held accountable. I wish these rules were used to get rid of the disrespectful trash but it’s usually the law abiding getting hassled.

wallnutz

Reaction score
I'm all for them checking registration. Do you ever wonder how many people coincidentally camped next to there own stolen stuff ?

I hope you thanked the heros for keeping your family safe from that possible tragedy !
Both of them did fight and win the tickets. Best part they got a middle of the week dune ride. The bailiff at the court said you should always try and fight the BS tickets, he said you usually win by default or the judge declares the tickets unreasonable. That was also 8 years ago, who knows now.

havasu5150

Reaction score
I do too.

BNAG! Ticket
For steak sauce....
I remember those days. I pretty much quit going when a ranger raced into camp with his lights going because God forbid I was drinking a beer in a glass bottle as I was standing two feet from my motorhome grilling steaks

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The camp fire permit is free and good for a year you can print it out after taking a test. On the bottom of the permit it states you could be liable for costs if your campfire starts a wildfire.That being said after going to the desert for over 60 years I have never seen the sand catch on fire! California has had ORV registration and fee’s for decades. Some areas change an additional fees which I feel is not right since we already pay a state registration fee.

So? Did you pass the test?

😁

timstoy

Reaction score
So? Did you pass the test?

😁
Yes! But I still think it’s BS mainly because they don’t get the word out needing a permit. I found out about the permit here on one of the forums and they posted a link for the permit website. Merry Christmas everyone!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I heard you need no fire permit if you are actively cooking on said fire.
Any one know if that’s accurate?
That's what I heard from a ranger out here in AZ a few years ago. That may depend on the mood of the ranger as well as the area/jurisdiction. He said to have a pack of hotdogs and sticks at the ready, they cannot keep you from eating.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That's what I heard from a ranger out here in AZ a few years ago. That may depend on the mood of the ranger as well as the area/jurisdiction. He said to have a pack of hotdogs and sticks at the ready, they cannot keep you from eating.

What about putting coal under your chair at night? Do you need a permit to cook your own ass?

What about your girlfriend's ass? Do you have to be actively eating her ass to not get a ticket?

Or do you need a separate permit for that?

🤷‍♂️

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What about putting coal under your chair at night? Do you need a permit to cook your own ass?

What about your girlfriend's ass? Do you have to be actively eating her ass to not get a ticket?

Or do you need a separate permit for that?

🤷‍♂️
Here in AZ, they pretty much stay off our ass for all ass related issues;)

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I haven't been to Glamis in over 45 years and after reading this thread I guess I won't see it at all!!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
CalCity finally maintains the RV dump.
Water back on and a concrete basin installed.
Fee / hanger permit required.
Year Round desert squatters dependant on it.

Dirty Ray dependant on the squatter chix for his $30 blow jobs.
I’m going out for a blackie this time” - Dirty Ray

76sanger

Reaction score
This is what you ALWAYS get with democrats....errrr.....LIBTARDS running states. Overspending, regulations, fees fees fees. But, NOTHING IS EVER MADE TO BE BETTER.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
This is what you ALWAYS get with democrats....errrr.....LIBTARDS running states. Overspending, regulations, fees fees fees. But, NOTHING IS EVER MADE TO BE BETTER.
They’re Feds at Glamis 😉