WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Used DP purchasing/ finacing

69hondo

Reaction score
Getting serious about moving to a used diesel pusher this year.
Questions for you guys that have purchased these.
Who do you use to finance them? Older units mid 2000s. Credit union? Bank?
I have no problem flying across the country for the right deal but how is that purchase done? If it's at a dealer or private party.

I don't need to hear how I shouldn't finance stuff and only pay cash. I understand that but that's not my reality.

Thanks in advance

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We wanted a certain coach and floor plan so we went to Atlanta to get it. I wanted to use a dealer because for some reason it felt safer and I would have some recourse if shit didnt go well. I also wanted to purchase a extended warranty which i could have done without a dealer I guess. So far kicking myself on the warranty, no claims yet and paid alot for a three year bumper bumper deal. Good news, bad news, no issues but I would feel better if I got use out of it. That could change in an instant though.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I think there is a company called light stream . Its almost like a personal loan at a ok intrest rate .

Get415

Reaction score
Ive heard good things about lightstream as well.
I would give Jodi Hamilton a call. I used him recentlt and hes excellent. Not sure how far back they go on used but give him a call 470-248-2655

Singleton

Reaction score
Used lightstream when we got the ToyHauler. Easy process and it was considered a personal loan, so the title was not attached to the loan. Got my work bonus a few months later and paid the loan off. Had to show a % of funds in savings and W2 to prove income.

69hondo

Reaction score
Thanks guys really appreciate the insight.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Not sure if essex is still around? They used to lend on RV's... also might want to look into good Sam.

If you do the fly across the country thing, some of them will pre-qual you after giving them all the details on the coach, and cut you a check, so you can show up with check in hand.... that would be the easiest way to do it, when traveling a serious distance. Just make sure you ask tons of questions of the seller before making that journey and ending up with a surprise.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
As stated won’t mention paying cash, so you can indeed write off the interest.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Just refinance the house and pay cash.😁 With no loan on the RV it’s much easier to stomach the price of fueling and using it.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Just refinance the house and pay cash.😁 With no loan on the RV it’s much easier to stomach the price of fueling and using it.
Enjoying my 23 year old RV now.
123BCF8B-7437-465E-9CFF-BF64D806948C.jpeg

Meaney77

Reaction score
Not sure if essex is still around? They used to lend on RV's... also might want to look into good Sam.

If you do the fly across the country thing, some of them will pre-qual you after giving them all the details on the coach, and cut you a check, so you can show up with check in hand.... that would be the easiest way to do it, when traveling a serious distance. Just make sure you ask tons of questions of the seller before making that journey and ending up with a surprise.
We bought ours through Costco/Essex and they had the 10 year rule and wouldn't finance anything older.

Its been about 7 years since we bought ours, maybe things have changed. If they do finance older units, use them. They were great to deal with when we bought ours from a Canadian seller- they handled all of the paper work and coordinated all of the required inspections.

Riverhound

Reaction score
We used Hughes Federal C.U. and will do up to 20yrs. Really easy process and at the time they had very competitive rates. Not sure what they are today.

69hondo

Reaction score
We used Hughes Federal C.U. and will do up to 20yrs. Really easy process and at the time they had very competitive rates. Not sure what they are today.
Thanks. That's good news.