WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Used dual cable outboard steering/helm needed

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Anyone got an old 2 cable helm/cables/etc for an outboard laying around they want to part with? I have a boat project that has a busted helm. Id like to get it up and going on the cheap. Hoping someone out there has upgraded to hydraulic or something.

Going on a 200hp merc, 14' steering cables Im pretty sure.

Reaction score
Anyone got an old 2 cable helm/cables/etc for an outboard laying around they want to part with? I have a boat project that has a busted helm. Id like to get it up and going on the cheap. Hoping someone out there has upgraded to hydraulic or something.

Going on a 200hp merc, 14' steering cables Im pretty sure.

I am sure I could dig something up....send me a pm.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I need to look but I MIGHT have a helm possibly. I'll try to look tonight when I get home.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
This what you're looking for? I had to cut the cables to get them out. I have the two tubes and the arm for the rear but it is Jonnyrude stuff and not sure it would work for you.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I can't find the helm. At least it isn't where I thought it would be of I still had it. The one sprintcvx posted is a different version than the standard morse/teleflex rack system. The one sprint posted is the same one I have now. I got tired of replacing both cables and rack of the teleflex system when one would get too much water inside it and rust solid.

Does you system have 1 rack with 2 cables coming out of it or one rack per cable?

Reaction score
I think I have everything to almost do 2 of them other than the helm. 149385861122028826321.jpg

FYI did not see a pm.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
I can't find the helm. At least it isn't where I thought it would be of I still had it. The one sprintcvx posted is a different version than the standard morse/teleflex rack system. The one sprint posted is the same one I have now. I got tired of replacing both cables and rack of the teleflex system when one would get too much water inside it and rust solid.

Does you system have 1 rack with 2 cables coming out of it or one rack per cable?

IMG_2788.JPG

My rack looks like this one. It seized, and fell to pieces while I was unloading it. Fortunately it didn't do it while I was driving it.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
This what you're looking for? I had to cut the cables to get them out. I have the two tubes and the arm for the rear but it is Jonnyrude stuff and not sure it would work for you.

If Pwerwagn doesn't want it, shoot me a PM...I could use a spare.