WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Used ski boat value

ACS

Reaction score
I am looking to pick up a ski boat for the family. My friends uncle has a nice ski centurion that he wants to unload. It's a 91 with 140 hours. I have not seen it in person but from the pictures it appears to be in good shape. He says it has always been stored indoors and serviced each year.
What do you guys think the value of this boat is? I am going to look at it on Saturday. If everything checks out I will be bring it home.
Thanks, Nicholas
IMG_2224.jpg IMG_2225.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The old center drive tow boats ride like a mofo since they are flat bottoms, great early morning but after that they can get pretty painful to be in if you don't live where there is glass all day

ACS

Reaction score
I did not know they were flat bottoms. This would not be my primary boat, just something to take out in the morning and get me in shape.
My son is turning 5 and it's time for us to start skiing/boarding.

cofooter

Reaction score
$7-8K, maybe, if in good condition. Check the stringers and floors really well, make sure no rot, it was all wood in that era.

buck35

Reaction score
I almost bought a barefoote several years ago, but the floor was soft and scared me away. Check it out carefully!
love those boats though, good luck!:cool

cofooter

Reaction score
I almost bought a barefoote several years ago, but the floor was soft and scared me away. Check it out carefully!
love those boats though, good luck!:cool

Those were cool boats, learned to foot behind a Barefoot Warrior years and years ago, fun times.

oldschool

Reaction score
Looks like a nice boat with super low hours. Only downside on those older Centurions was the nose is low. Not a big deal in a hard deck, but open bow can be tricky. Just have to be aware. $7-$8k seems right if all is good.

ACS

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did not realize these boats were worth so little. Glad I asked.

oldschool

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did not realize these boats were worth so little. Glad I asked.

I'm sure he'll want more for it. Probably 12-14, and if it is pristine maybe it's worth it. The direct drive tourney boats don't hold the value like the v drive wake boats. More boarders/wake surfers than skiers these days. Plus you can stuff more people in the vdrives. Me personally, I'd much rather have something like what you are looking at. Good luck.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Nada guides is showing average retail of $7,770 (provided I picked the correct model!). Original price of $20,570. Nada guides doesn't factor engine hours into their values though. If those numbers are remotely close to what that model sells for in the marketplace, I would suspect the seller will want north of $8,000. There's a '91 Ski Centurion v-drive closed bow with wake tower and 556 hours listed on Craigslist Fresno for $7,000 [looks like a direct-drive based on location of factory ski pylon, but I'll take the ad's word it's a v-drive]. What does the owner want and what are you willing to pay?

ACS

Reaction score
Nice boat but a lot more then I am looking to spend.

cofooter

Reaction score
Centurion is an off brand boat, it doesn't hold value like a Mastercraft, Nautique, or Malibu. Fit and Finish is not as good, its filled with wood, whereas the other brands had already gotten rid of wood at that point, and its a heaver boat with a less desirable ski wake. Having said that, if it is in good condition, all that plays into the OP's favor if he can pick it up at a good price. It would be a fun, reliable boat for the family at an affordable price.