WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

USPS. Go Screw

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My secretary madeout 2 different credit card payments out 3 weeks prior to due date and in 2 days got late warnings. I personally mailed them so I know they got out. Probably under some goobers seat. Guess I will have to send them on the computer along with the who knows how many I do already.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
i have had 3 out of ten customer "rebate" checks that we mail to clients "lost" in the last 60 days. Creates a fuckin shitshow. USPS is a joke. ill pay the extra for fed-ex now.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
USPS is a joke. We get mail maybe 3 days a week at our office. I’ve been to the posts office to inquire and complain. Tough to have anyone care or do anything when about all they do is drool and daydream.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I had to mail a check recently. Its destination was 90 miles away. I mailed it certified mail for a signature. It took 4 weeks and 1 day to be delivered. Unacceptable.

Sent From Tapatalk

500bbc

Reaction score
I ordered stamps, post office is walking distance but didn't want to line up with a herd of maskholes.

Took 14 days for delivery and they charged me.

Your future health care..

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Other than our numerous mail carriers putting wrong mail in everyone's box
I have had great luck with the usps especially packages
I quit getting estimates from fed ex and ups because they're stupid expensive
I get a tracking number and I think it's faster than the others
Randy is great at The Desert Hills mini mart and no waiting

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
This summer I sent a deposit check on my RV certified mail. Canceled the check two weeks later when I picked it up and wrote the main check. Still had not arrived and the tracking was stagnant for most of the time.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
This summer I sent a deposit check on my RV certified mail. Canceled the check two weeks later when I picked it up and wrote the main check. Still had not arrived and the tracking was stagnant for most of the time.
That's what happened to mine. It moved the day I mailed it and the next day, then no movement for almost 4 weeks (via tracking).

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I noticed if you put it in the mailbox with the red flag up or drop it off in the mailbox on the street, the mail goes into the black hole. If you take it to the post office, then there is no problem. 😆

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I noticed if you put it in the mailbox with the red flag up or drop it off in the mailbox on the street, the mail goes into the black hole. If you take it to the post office, then there is no problem. 😆
That’s what I do. Take it to the post office. And not only that I use the boxes inside the lobby. Not the 2 outside or the drive through ones.

jet496

Reaction score
They're probably lost somewhere same place as Trump's ballots.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
69277902-133F-401E-AA69-D9557EC78923.jpeg

Lol is this your secretary? Who mails out checks? 🤣

arch stanton

Reaction score
There has been mail delay problems going East out of California for 6 months or more I was warned by my insurance agent that they were having problems with many of their clients payments being late and all were clamming they had been sent on time and it turns out the payments would show up weeks late with postmarks that showed they had been mailed weeks before

Track Man

Reaction score
And just think the government just sent out millions of these debit card USPS. I got mine today did you?

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Leaving the red flag up now a days is like putting a steal me sign on the damn box. Glad I don’t have a mailbox anymore! As for priority mail they need to change the name to non priority mail with the slogan we make it a priority to break your shit! Anywho I agree with mailing bills not sure what’s worse when compared to online pay yet you get an instant confirmation which is why I do it. All this is making me want to dust off the old fax machine........

rrrr

Reaction score
Between 2016 and 2020, the amount of all mail (traditional mail, packages, periodicals, marketing, etc.) handled by the USPS has declined 40%. Because packages now make up a greater percentage of the mail and generate more revenue, total revenue receipts have stayed about the same.

In those same four years, USPS has booked losses of $26.4 billion. Losses in 2019 were $8.8 billion on revenues of $71.1 billion.

It's effing maddening to me that the USPS continues to deliver mail on Saturdays. Every time the issue is raised by Congress, the Democrats, backed by unions, manage to kill the initiative. This shit has been going on for decades.

Now mail volume has been reduced to the point that deliveries should be cut to three days a week, especially residential delivery. How many times in the last ten years have you received mail so important it couldn't have been delayed by 24 hours? Me? None.

Last edited:

Jay Dub

Reaction score
Between 2016 and 2020, the amount of all mail (traditional mail, packages, periodicals, marketing, etc.) handled by the USPS has declined 40%. Because packages now make up a greater percentage of the mail and generate more revenue, total revenue receipts have stayed about the same.

In those same four years, USPS has booked losses of $20.4 billion. Losses in 2019 were $8.8 billion on revenues of $71.1 billion.

It's effing maddening to me that the USPS continues to deliver mail on Saturdays. Every time the issue is raised by Congress, the Democrats, backed by unions, manage to kill the initiative. This shit has been going on for decades.

Now mail volume has been reduced to the point that deliveries should be cut to three days a week, especially residential delivery. How many times in the last ten years have you received mail so important it couldn't have been delayed by 24 hours? Me? None.
Three days a week for USPS is fine with me. M-W-F The losses are maddening. Its our money.

Sherpa

Reaction score
our area has mail being delivered 7 days a week........ at all hours of the day....... there's mail carriers delivering mail sometimes after 10pm.

fricken stupid.....

blame it on covid. it's all trumps fault I guess.

Taboma

Reaction score
Drives me insane when I spot a USPS mail carrier truck up here in our rather remote area on a Sunday. It's like they're trying to compete with Amazon, except chances are this truck just drove several extra miles to deliver one item or envelope. :mad:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
My grandmother sent us a Christmas card on December 12th from Oxnard, CA. It arrived here in Phoenix, AZ on January 11th. It never went back to her but arrived about 3.5 weeks late. Crazy.

Dana757

Reaction score
I ship 50 or so USPS small packages (4 ~ 6 oz) every day. It's beyond bad and costing me a lot of money. I would love to move to Fed Ex or UPS but it would really drive up product cost as shipping is included in the price. And we all know people buy a lot of things just based on price. Then I had a ECU computer for my Jeep sent out 2 day and took almost 3 weeks to get it. Getting hosed both ways by them.

duck660

Reaction score
Used Certified mail to fire a guy who never showed up to work. Went back a week later asking for delivery confirmation. Letter was still sitting in the certified, "to be mailed" pile. USPS is a 60's business model 50 years behind.. Politicians will never accept an efficiently run USPS

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Drives me insane when I spot a USPS mail carrier truck up here in our rather remote area on a Sunday. It's like they're trying to compete with Amazon, except chances are this truck just drove several extra miles to deliver one item or envelope. :mad:

They are doing it because they brought Amazon on as a customer. Once they were told they could not cut delivery days, they had no other option but to start delivering 7 days a week for Amazon. Of course Amazon keeps all the dense delivery areas for themselves and leaves the remote (more costly) deliveries to the PO.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Ordered an OEM water pump from a ford dealer in Vegas. Took exactly 1 fucking month to arrive. Just sat for weeks and weeks at 1 location. Then bounced around for a while.

Pretty sure they played hacky sack with the package too.